Magic 4 night Bahamas cruise 4-28-14

redsonja76

Mouseketeer
Who's in? We are! It'll be just me and my youngest dd who will be 7. My best friend and her two girls are going too. Gonna be awesome!

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :)

Have a great cruise!

Well, we'll be going for real this time, redsonja76. The girls are going to be beside themselves when they realize what's going on.

Well, Punchie and I are jumping ship on this meet as we moved our cruise date to another cruise. Hope you all have a wonderful cruise!!!

My Family and I just booked Our first ever Cruise with Disney onboard the Disney Magic on April 28th for the Bahamas!!! We are beyond ecstatic!!!!

Hi.
Me and my family are going on a Disney Cruise for the very first time in April. We're looking forward to it.
Hope there will be more people to participate on this cruise so maybe we can start a FE group.

DH, DS (who will turn 5 years old 2 weeks before cruise), and I are going on our first Disney cruise. I am very excited about it. It's a surprise for DS. We're also going to go to WDW 2 days before we leave for the cruise. DS is going to be so happy. He's been to MK twice (I think he only barley remembers going once). He's been asking a lot lately to go back to WDW. The cruise is also about 2 weeks before his preschool graduation. So, we'll be celebrating his birthday and graduation on the cruise. I'm not sure how I'm going to surprise DS with the news. I might have Mickey call him on his birthday and tell him he's going on a cruise or I may just say we're going to Florida (which we usually go 1 or 2 times a year for vacation or to visit my mom) and let him find out we're going to WDW and a Disney Cruise when we get to the theme parks and the cruise ship. If anyone has any suggestions on how to surprise DS, I would love to hear it.

DH, DS (who will turn 5 years old 2 weeks before cruise), and I are going on our first Disney cruise. I am very excited about it. It's a surprise for DS. We're also going to go to WDW 2 days before we leave for the cruise. DS is going to be so happy. He's been to MK twice (I think he only barley remembers going once). He's been asking a lot lately to go back to WDW. The cruise is also about 2 weeks before his preschool graduation. So, we'll be celebrating his birthday and graduation on the cruise. I'm not sure how I'm going to surprise DS with the news. I might have Mickey call him on his birthday and tell him he's going on a cruise or I may just say we're going to Florida (which we usually go 1 or 2 times a year for vacation or to visit my mom) and let him find out we're going to WDW and a Disney Cruise when we get to the theme parks and the cruise ship. If anyone has any suggestions on how to surprise DS, I would love to hear it.

Hi welcome on board.
we are also celebrating a birthday while we're on the ship. Our DD turns 1 on May 1. :bday:

Maybe it's an idea to make an birthday card/ invitation from Mickey (or another character who's his favorite) who invites him to come to WDW and the cruise? There's someone here on the disboard who can make a nice invitations or card if you like.
Hope to see you on board.

Are you interested in joining an FE group?

Hi welcome on board.
we are also celebrating a birthday while we're on the ship. Our DD turns 1 on May 1. :bday:

Maybe it's an idea to make an birthday card/ invitation from Mickey (or another character who's his favorite) who invites him to come to WDW and the cruise? There's someone here on the disboard who can make a nice invitations or card if you like.
Hope to see you on board.

Are you interested in joining an FE group?

Thanks for the idea! What's an FE group?

Thanks for the idea! What's an FE group?

A Fish Extender Group. It's a group of multiple staterooms that give each other gifts (bought or self made). You can Google FE gifts or look for it here on the disboard or pinterest
You can find lots of info and great idea's.
I've never done this before because this is also my first Cruise. But it seems to me it's lot's of fun.

Hi all, my husband and our 2 children were supposed to be on the Magic 10/20, we were cancelled and have rescheduled for this cruise. Thinking about doing back to back cruises on the a Magic. This will be our second cruise. Sad we have to wait until April now but getting a free cruise certainly makes up for it. I have done FE before and would gladly coordinate the group if anyone is interested. Especially since we were supposed to be doing FE with 100 ppl on the 10/20 cruise......(still disappointed that Disney didn't have the ship ready in time)
Christine

A Fish Extender Group. It's a group of multiple staterooms that give each other gifts (bought or self made). You can Google FE gifts or look for it here on the disboard or pinterest
You can find lots of info and great idea's.
I've never done this before because this is also my first Cruise. But it seems to me it's lot's of fun.

Oh, ok. I don't know, but I'll look into it. Another family may be accompanying us, too.

Hi all, my husband and our 2 children were supposed to be on the Magic 10/20, we were cancelled and have rescheduled for this cruise. Thinking about doing back to back cruises on the a Magic. This will be our second cruise. Sad we have to wait until April now but getting a free cruise certainly makes up for it. I have done FE before and would gladly coordinate the group if anyone is interested. Especially since we were supposed to be doing FE with 100 ppl on the 10/20 cruise......(still disappointed that Disney didn't have the ship ready in time)
Christine

Hi, how does FE works exactly? Is there a price limit or some kind of criteria to follow? How do you know who you are exchanging gifts with?

hello everyone! i'm mike (33) my Dw (katie 29) and DS (Tyler 2) are now joining this cruise. we are displaced cruisers from the canceled cruise on 10/20/13.

I'm a Lieutenant for the fire department and my wife is a pediatric nurse.

I went ahead and created a facebook group for this cruise since i didn't see one posted here. if there is one already please elt me know and I apologize in advance.

Disney Magic 4/28/14

https://www.facebook.com/groups/233402466822323/

So the FE group is a group of people onboard who do a gift exchange. There really aren't any rules, google Fish extender or search on etsy to see the door hangers with pockets that go outside your stateroom door. Think party favors. I will give some examples of things we have received in the past. Picture frames, tote bags, cruise ship survival kits, candy, flashlights/night lights, reusable water bottles, personalized items-i.e. christmas ornaments with family name, tattoos, lots of pirate items, mini alcohol bottles, cookie cutters with recipes attached, coloring books/crayons, packaged food items, "pixie dust", and the list goes on….
Last time I did an exchange with 21 room, I gave individual gifts for each child and gave a stateroom gift of salt water taffys. The FE I was supposed to participate in on the 10/20 cruise, I was giving one gift bag per room with a "kit" inside.(35 rooms).
In any event, I won't lie, it is quite a lot of work secondary to what you are going to give, ages of children involved and allergy info. But I can say that my children were positively thrilled coming back to their stateroom to see what "surprises" were in their fish extender, and that alone is enough to have me do it over and over again.
SO in any event, now that I have some experience with this, I am completely willing to put together the master FE list and coordinate it for any families who want to participate.

First time disney cruise family here, myself and husband (mid thirties), and son 4. We are trying to learn as much as we can in the next 7 months. Very excited.

So the FE group is a group of people onboard who do a gift exchange. There really aren't any rules, google Fish extender or search on etsy to see the door hangers with pockets that go outside your stateroom door. Think party favors. I will give some examples of things we have received in the past. Picture frames, tote bags, cruise ship survival kits, candy, flashlights/night lights, reusable water bottles, personalized items-i.e. christmas ornaments with family name, tattoos, lots of pirate items, mini alcohol bottles, cookie cutters with recipes attached, coloring books/crayons, packaged food items, "pixie dust", and the list goes on….
Last time I did an exchange with 21 room, I gave individual gifts for each child and gave a stateroom gift of salt water taffys. The FE I was supposed to participate in on the 10/20 cruise, I was giving one gift bag per room with a "kit" inside.(35 rooms).
In any event, I won't lie, it is quite a lot of work secondary to what you are going to give, ages of children involved and allergy info. But I can say that my children were positively thrilled coming back to their stateroom to see what "surprises" were in their fish extender, and that alone is enough to have me do it over and over again.
SO in any event, now that I have some experience with this, I am completely willing to put together the master FE list and coordinate it for any families who want to participate.

Oh good. Somebody with experience. Just what I need!
I want to join the FE group. Just let me know what I have to do to join.
Have you seen that we already have a Facebook group to?
six months to go. So excited. :goodvibes

Cool! I'm glad this group is coming along :) I'm excited about this upcoming trip too!

Me n DH will also be on this cruise. We were suppose to be on the 7 day Fantasy during this week, but our friends had to cancel. Instead of canceling too, we decided to try the re-invented Magic. I have sailed on her twice before so I am excited to see the new updates. This will be our first cruise without the kids and without other family members or friends. I'm super excited!

I would be interested in doing a FE :-)

Btw my name is Lisa and the hubby is Quincy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter