MAGIC 2012 ITINERARY ABOUT TO GO OUT (yes I'm screaming,lol) Update... Post #23

We've ONLY sailed with KSF specials, and I can tell you it was a steal! 10 night Med for 7 people for less than $400 pp when you count in all the OBC Disney and TA gave us....just 2 week ago, 8 going for under $500 pp..you just can't beat it..the facts all point to deals...I'm a science major...what goes up must come down, so they're painting a picture that they CAN get the bookings they need...I just do not see it happening....

Two ships could barely fill their ships...the Magic Med was a test...it failed...so now they're testing 2 new ports....within a few months, they will have gone through their pool of participants...needing to fill 13,000 slots in this economy, when unemployment is at its highest in 40 years...the facts just don't support it...I see how there can be no way they will not offer creative discounts...now to see how they offer it will be interesting, possibly as deeply discounted rebookings?

Tara

Earlier this year Disney came out with their restricted category guarantee discount. As far as we have heard in our agency this will be the new general public discount instead of the kids free. People that do not have children or have children that are adults weren't qualifying for the kids free promotion and this new option is applicable to everyone regardless of age. This is probably the reason we haven't seen any other general public discounts for the Med cruises this summer.

In my opinion the reason the 2011 Med cruises didn't sell as well is that they are pretty much the same ports they have offered before. The fist Med sailing a few years ago was VERY popular. If they had offered different ports in Europe I think the outcome would have been different for 2011

I was hoping for Bermuda cruises out of NY, :confused3. The Galveston itenerary is just like the Western out of PC, except they go to Costa Maya instead of CC. The two day cruise to nowhere will be fun for the eastcoasters. I did the one on the Wonder with one of my DD and we had so much fun! Disney got wise and priced them high this time. Ours started at $189 pp and sold out in two weeks.

I wanted a "whole picture" so thought I'd share....what did I miss?

Magic
5/25, New York - Eight-Night Bahamas sailing
6/2, New York - Eight-Night Bahamas sailing
6/10, Five-Night Canada sailing
6/15 NY 2 Night to Nowhere
6/17, Five-Night Canada sailing
6/22, New York - Eight-Night Bahamas sailing
6/30, New York - Eight-Night Bahamas sailing
7/8, Five-Night Canada sailing
7/13 NY 2 Night to Nowhere
7/15, Five-Night Canada sailing
7/20, New York - Eight-Night Bahamas sailing
7/28, New York - Eight-Night Bahamas sailing
8/5, Five-Night Canada sailing
8/10 NY 2 Night to Nowhere
8/12, Five-Night Canada sailing
8/17, New York - Eight-Night Bahamas sailing
8/25 New York - Eight-Night Bahamas sailing
9/2, Five-Night Canada sailing
9/7, Five-Night Canada sailing
9/12 Five-Night Canada sailing
9/22, Galveston - Seven-Night Western Caribbean sailing
9/29, Galveston - Seven-Night Western Caribbean sailing
10/6, Galveston - Seven-Night Western Caribbean sailing
10/13, Galveston - Seven-Night Western Caribbean sailing
10/20, Galveston - Seven-Night Western Caribbean sailing
10/27, Galveston - Seven-Night Western Caribbean sailing
11/3, Galveston - Seven-Night Western Caribbean sailing
11/10, Galveston - Seven-Night Western Caribbean sailing
11/17, Galveston - Seven-Night Western Caribbean sailing
11/24, Galveston - Seven-Night Western Caribbean sailing
12/1, Galveston - Seven-Night Western Caribbean sailing
12/8, Galveston - Seven-Night Western Caribbean sailing

Wonder
4/29, 15-night voyage to Hawaii from Los Angeles
5/28, Seattle - Seven-Night Alaska sailing
6/4, Seattle - Seven-Night Alaska sailing
6/11, Seattle - Seven-Night Alaska sailing
6/18, Seattle - Seven-Night Alaska sailing
6/25, Seattle - Seven-Night Alaska sailing
7/2, Seattle - Seven-Night Alaska sailing
7/9, Seattle - Seven-Night Alaska sailing
7/16, Seattle - Seven-Night Alaska sailing
7/23, Seattle - Seven-Night Alaska sailing
7/30, Seattle - Seven-Night Alaska sailing
8/6, Seattle - Seven-Night Alaska sailing
8/13, Seattle - Seven-Night Alaska sailing
8/20, Seattle - Seven-Night Alaska sailing
8/27, Seattle - Seven-Night Alaska sailing
9/16, seven-night Pacific Coast cruises from Los Angeles
9/23, seven-night Pacific Coast cruises from Los Angeles
9/30 seven-night Pacific Coast cruises from Los Angeles
10/7 seven-night Pacific Coast cruises from Los Angeles

Magic

Wonder

That definately makes it easier to take a quick look:thumbsup2. Anyone else notice the AK sailing are not starting till late May?- they really had a hard time booking those early May sailings this year so it appears (not to mention that we are sailing this May and there is still a good bit of availability).
Unfortunately, I don't know that we will be booking anything for the 2012 season.... Galveston cruises have some good prices, but we would need summer dates, not fall and the itenerary does not necessarily call to me. Hawaii is the one I'm dying for, but again that April date makes it a no-go. I would not mind sailing the Fantasy out of PC, but I would want to couple it with the parks to justify the trip down and we plan to do the parks in the winter... So, we will probably hold off till 2013 for our next sailing...

Wow, I never knew so many Texans were on this board until this thread was posted :goodvibes

Very exciting stuff for people within a decent drive of the new port locations to help save on the crazy prices of airfare. I have been trying to keep track of all the news since this was posted. Looking forward to seeing all the booking options for these new itineraries when they are released.

Why is the Magic only doing the western after NY ? I think they will have a hard time filling 2 ships going to the same area in the same week. I was hoping for the eastern with the Magic or Bermuda. Oh well. Maybe...people will shift their current reservations and some openings will be available on the Fantasy when I want to go (cheaper...6200 is too much for my fam of 4!!!)

The eastern Caribbean ports are too far from Galveston to visit on a 7-night cruise. That's probably why the Magic isn't stopping at Castaway Cay.

Time will tell if DCL has trouble filling the ship from Galveston. For sure those itineraries will have to be priced less than a western cruise on the Fantasy.

This is very exciting. I had heard AK, HI, and Mexico for the Wonder, and I'm so glad to see that is what is happening!!
Interesting ports for the Magic as well (there has been a lot of interest in Galveston from people on this board for some time.)
YAY for the different itineraries!
Sue Ellen

I was hoping for Bermuda cruises out of NY, :confused3. The Galveston itenerary is just like the Western out of PC, except they go to Costa Maya instead of CC. The two day cruise to nowhere will be fun for the eastcoasters. I did the one on the Wonder with one of my DD and we had so much fun! Disney got wise and priced them high this time. Ours started at $189 pp and sold out in two weeks.

The Fantasy will go to the same western ports plus Castaway Cay.

The eastern Caribbean ports are too far from Galveston to visit on a 7-night cruise. That's probably why the Magic isn't stopping at Castaway Cay.

Time will tell if DCL has trouble filling the ship from Galveston. For sure those itineraries will have to be priced less than a western cruise on the Fantasy.

I am guessing the price will have to be reasonable for people to book the Magic during school times AND without a stop at CC AND b/c that itinerary really isn't new AND b/c the "new ship" is already going to the western Carib. In the past I didn't have problems taking my kids out of school, but now that they are older it is too hard. I am seeing a few deals needing to be available to fill these ships!! I was hoping for different surprises! It looks like I will be waiting for a deal. I have sailed 3 times with KSF. Sailing the Dream this summer at a crazy rate...waited too long to book. Bring it on DCL and we will be back!:)

I am definitely going to have to hop on the boat out of Galveston. I wouldn't even mind trying the Hawaii. The Galveston port works great for us since it's not too far at all. Better yet, I've been telling the one son that we can do a cruise as a reward for potty training, although this is a little far out for that. Granted, we wanted to take a cruise anyways, so that reward was going to come along regardless. :yay:

I can also say, I'm pretty sure the travel agent is going to be happy.

I love the idea of sailing out of NYC but Port Canaveral as a stop does nothing for me. Less than zero really. Port Canaveral is fine as a departure point but not as a destination.
I know they want to tie in excursions to WDW but really how practical is that?
Between traveling and security etc. you are looking at a minimum of two hours in each direction. How much time are you going to get in the parks?
And Nassau again???? Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Castaway Cay? This itinerary sucks!
No thanks! :sad1:

I love the idea of sailing out of NYC but Port Canaveral as a stop does nothing for me. Less than zero really. Port Canaveral is fine as a departure point but not as a destination.
Between traveling and security etc. you are looking at a minimum of two hours in each direction. How much time are you going to get in the parks?
And Nassau again???? Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Castaway Cay? This itinerary sucks!

We did a port stop there on our Pride cruise last year (out of Baltimore). We were in the first group off the ship at 7:30am and our all-aboard time was 6:30pm (sailing at 7pm).

We actually got a LOT done at the Magic Kingdom BUT - we arranged private transportation and did not mess with a rental car or the ship excursion, which had to wait for the full bus to pull out of the port.

We arrived at the gates of the Magic Kingdom around rope drop at 9am and stayed until 4pm, when our car picked us up. The buses had a pick-up time of 4:30-5pm so we erred on the side of caution to make sure our car was AHEAD of the ship excursion buses on the road back to the port.

We arrived at the ship around 5:15 with plenty of time to spare.

Magic

Wonder

The DCL site still shows the last officially anounced cruise for the Magic as 3/24/12, 6 night Western Caribbean. Where are the missing 2 months? Dry dock?

I think I will wait for the official release of the itineraries before I get worked up about any of this. These threads are always, "My travel agent told me," or "I heard from a rleiable CM," or, like the OP on this one, "My travel agent posted this on Facebook." Until it's an official Disney press release, these will continue to be only rumors.

With LA to Hawaii, would it end in Hawaii or come back to LA?

With this type of route how many sea days would you expect to have?

Also would it be really choppy in these waters?

I completely agree! At least stop for a few days and give us a room on land so that we can go to the parks for more than a day. Five whole days at sea for Florida and the Bahamas, when I can get to Florida in 3 hours by plane? No thanks! I'd be going nuts on a ship for that long! Plus we've already been there, done that on a 3 day.

I think if you look at this from the 1st time cruiser/DCL cruiser, alot of these folks have never been on the PC, nassau, CC route. For us seasoned DCL guests it old hat and maybe not so desirable, but to those folks......its new and a DCL ship......so they may fill up the ship!

AKK

I agree with you all that a stop at PC with an excursion to WDW is not desirable. Most of us here`take vacations to the parks semi-regurarly and for much longer than a single day. But, I think that folks that have not been to the parks before (or not in a long time) will jump at this. I have personally read multiple threads where people have asked if the Disney cruise inculdes a day/stop at the parks. I actually think this will be a hit overall (just not with us):thumbsup2

I agree with you all that a stop at PC with an excursion to WDW is not desirable. Most of us here`take vacations to the parks semi-regurarly and for much longer than a single day. But, I think that folks that have not been to the parks before (or not in a long time) will jump at this. I have personally read multiple threads where people have asked if the Disney cruise inculdes a day/stop at the parks. I actually think this will be a hit overall (just not with us):thumbsup2

You're probably right. I was sooo hoping for NYC to Bermuda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter