MAGIC 2012 ITINERARY ABOUT TO GO OUT (yes I'm screaming,lol) Update... Post #23

Seattle is so wonderful and something I never even considered! Now I just need to wrap my head around cruise /= warm destinations!

Yes, Houston is the closest for cruises departing from Galveston. SWA will fly into Hobby, which is about 45 mins from Galveston. Small, easy airport to get in and out of. But yes, there can be crazy high fares in/out of Hobby. We currently live about 45 mins from Galveston as well. However, we'll be moving next summer, just a few months before the Magic arrives :( But we will still be in Texas, just about 5 hours away instead. Plus, DS is starting Kindergarten in the fall and DD is going back into public schools from homeschooling so it will be harder to go away at any time. Gee, too bad Galveston couldn't have been a home port for the past couple of years. Well, maybe not, I might be broke :rotfl:

I have a cruise booked I need to move. Looks like I better start deciding so I can move it as soon as they open up the scheduling for booking.

Thanks for the info! We weren't even planning on cruising in 2012! Our next cruise was supposed to be 2013 and it probably will still be but I couldn't help but get excited for new itineraries!:woohoo:

So glad they're including Maui and Kauai for the HI trip. Our anniversary fits right into the schedule!

There's a two week gap in the Sept '12 itinerary -- I assume that's for a 2nd trip repositioning trip to HI?
Wonder? This would be better for us than April!

Disney Wonder 2012 – Seattle - Seven-Night Alaska sailing on 5/28, 6/4, 6/11, 6/18, 6/25, 7/2, 7/9, 7/16, 7/23, 7/30, 8/6, 8/13, 8/20, 8/27

Seattle, At Sea, Tracy Arm, Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, Victoria, Seattle

I was trying to figure out how leaving out of Vancouver now on a Tuesday to Tuesday cruise was not as bad as Seattle to Seattle on a Monday to Monday cruise. I was hoping for a weekend day to a weekend day.

Glad they are still going to Alaska. Monday to Monday is a little better I guess. I do like the itinerary.

HMD

WOO HOO! Cruise to nowhere for us! Talked to DH and he agreed to the 2 night (if it happens) AND our already booked 4 night Dream cruise in April. We'll take an inside stateroom as our end of summer getaway:cheer2:

Woohoo!! Disney is coming to Seattle!! DH keeps saying he wants to find something that we don't have to fly too! We almost did Alaska this summer, but glad we didn't!! Now, maybe next summer! But, we can't do a deposit until later in the summer or early fall. I hope the prices don't go up too much. Otherwise, it might be MR over Spring Break.

They all sound great; but the only one that I'm drooling over is Hawaii. Unfortunately- it looks like there is only one sailing- April 29th- and that date would definately not work for us....

We'll be on Mariner right before you! We'll try to not eat all the yummy cookies they have at Cafe Promenade. :thumbsup2

And hey, I've found that pulling DS out is a great motivator for grades... He knows I can't afford holiday sailings, so it's off-peak or nothing, and if his grades slip we can't go. Has worked so far! We started cruising when he was 6, and he's a HS freshman now in all pre-AP classes, all A's and a couple B's consistently. I have nothing but respect for parents who don't want to pull their kids out -- I'm just saying it's a great motivator! :goodvibes

I am SO hoping that she really will be here through April 2013! Holy cow, the Magic less than 40 minutes from my front door... I am *definitely* going to be there the day she sails in to Galveston for the first time!!! :banana:

We are Friendswood also. I am beyond excited! Also planning to see the Magic off on her first sailing from Galveston! :yay:

WOO HOO! Cruise to nowhere for us! Talked to DH and he agreed to the 2 night (if it happens) AND our already booked 4 night Dream cruise in April. We'll take an inside stateroom as our end of summer getaway:cheer2:

I am thinking of pairing this with a 5 night Canada cruise...

I asked my dd10 if we cruised out of NY would she want to do Bahamas or Canada...she said Canada because we'll have done 2 Bahama cruises.

We're missing about 2 months of Magic dates here.....

I can't see Disney skipping out on spring break.....

I totally want to do a 8 night and 2 night out of NYC.:cool1:

I'd like this myself as well...my dream trip:

2 Night on June 15, 5 Night to Canada on June 17, and 8 night to Florida on June 22....15 days of DCL! Never going to happen, but one can dream. :lovestruc

Sad about the timing of the 15 Night Hawaii. That is going to be tough for most of us to have a children miss school. Hopefully, the schools will be understanding.
But the timing totally makes sense since the idea behind a repo is to go from one region to another during the offseason.

I love the idea of doing bahamas and canada in B2B. :yay:

I was hoping for Europe on Summer 2012 :(

Sad about the timing of the 15 Night Hawaii. That is going to be tough for most of us to have a children miss school. Hopefully, the schools will be understanding.
But the timing totally makes sense since the idea behind a repo is to go from one region to another during the offseason.

I can't imagine asking the school to be forgiving enough for a 15 day cruise, but that's just me...I sooo wish though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter