MAGIC 20' longer after drydock.

Keep in mind that Magic & Wonder have a fog horn AND actual horns tuned to play WYWUAS from the forward funnel. Dream & Fantasy just have a fog horn. Their musical "horns" are just digital files played on really big speakers hidden at the top of the forward funnel. The speakers face forward and aft which accounts for why you can hear the horns better on the Dream-class ships. The Magic-class ships only have the actual horns facing forward on the funnel.

Totally correct...I would add that the costs to add to the Classic vessels, the digital speakers would not be *THAT MUCH*.

So who knows, maybe they will add them to the Magic in the fall.

AKK

Well in that case..........seems she's going to have the hull cut open! I would have expected rebuilt and up graded for better operation and fuel consumption. By rebuilt I mean striped down to the bare block.

AKK

Yep, but shell be there long enough for that to happen. Im not sure of the whole story of the 1 main that they replaced in 2010, but from what I heard it was a total replacement. The engine was dead for several months prior to her drydock. Youd think that they would be able to rebuild it at some point prior to drydock, unless that was a block issue that negated the reuse of the block.

Yep, but shell be there long enough for that to happen. Im not sure of the whole story of the 1 main that they replaced in 2010, but from what I heard it was a total replacement. The engine was dead for several months prior to her drydock. Youd think that they would be able to rebuild it at some point prior to drydock, unless that was a block issue that negated the reuse of the block.

Very true if the block themselves have issues......then the whole kit caboodle has to go. I would love to see some photos of this dry dock.

What did you think of that rumor about a 5th vessel being a *American Queen* type riverboat? I don't think it would work, but at least is was a different type rumor!

AKK

I would love to see some photos of this dry dock.

I think you will probably get your wish on the photos. With a overhaul as extensive as this, they will surely produce a "Making of" documentary. I saw a video clip on the travel agents site that has Danny Forester from "Build It Bigger" on the ship talking about the reimagining and from what he said it sounds like he will be doing a video series that may include segments from the actual drydock.

Tonka's Skipper said:
Very true if the block themselves have issues......then the whole kit caboodle has to go. I would love to see some photos of this dry dock.

What did you think of that rumor about a 5th vessel being a *American Queen* type riverboat? I don't think it would work, but at least is was a different type rumor!

AKK

I think its just that. Rumor. I dont see Disney doing river tours anytime soon.there's too many issues especially here in the states. They might partner with one as a excursion but I'd say that we'd see a new class or add on to one of the existing classes before they did that. From what I could gather on the Fantasy maiden from Bob Iger Joe Lanziero and a few officers I know, DCL is pretty much centered on being a blue water fleet. The impression I got was that the next ships are on DCLs to do list, they are more waiting on how they will augment the existing fleet. For example. If they exercise 1 or both of the add on to the Dream class do they add a Magic class to PC and shift say the Dream to Cali with the Wonder joining the new ship in PC with the Fantasy or do they go bigger since at least on the surface the Dream and Fantasy are sailing pretty full on a regular basis. Then shift the Dream and Fantasy with 1 going to Cali the other Miami. This is also dependent on the canal locks getting done sometime soon. That could be throwing a wrench into plans.

I think its just that. Rumor. I dont see Disney doing river tours anytime soon.there's too many issues especially here in the states. They might partner with one as a excursion but I'd say that we'd see a new class or add on to one of the existing classes before they did that. From what I could gather on the Fantasy maiden from Bob Iger Joe Lanziero and a few officers I know, DCL is pretty much centered on being a blue water fleet. The impression I got was that the next ships are on DCLs to do list, they are more waiting on how they will augment the existing fleet. For example. If they exercise 1 or both of the add on to the Dream class do they add a Magic class to PC and shift say the Dream to Cali with the Wonder joining the new ship in PC with the Fantasy or do they go bigger since at least on the surface the Dream and Fantasy are sailing pretty full on a regular basis. Then shift the Dream and Fantasy with 1 going to Cali the other Miami. This is also dependent on the canal locks getting done sometime soon. That could be throwing a wrench into plans.

I agree its more rumor then anything else. The American Queen that returned to service last year is a pretty gal!

Your points are well taken, I actually see the 1 or more of the Classic class going to the pacific when the next new ships come out.......Australia or the far east.

I also thing the other could be doings cruises.

AKK

I liked the comment in the Duck Tail article about how it is "rather fitting" for the magic to get a Duck Tail!

As far as the river boats, I worked in Memphis for a few years and my office was right on the river. It was so cool to see the different "Queen" paddle boats go up and down the river and dock in town. Always wanted to try one.

Anybody know if the shipyard handling the Magic's dry dock will have any camera feeds we can view to watch the progress (I realize most changes will be internal) of the Magics updates e.g. Aqua Dunk. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter