• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic 2/18-2/25 My thoughts

burma

My Oh My What A Wonderful Day
Left Providence on Friday to have a day before the cruise ... this was perfect we did not feel rushed getting to the port ..

Sat morning Southern Elegance picked us up at the MCO Hyatt. This car company is in my opinion the best they are always early for us and have great drivers and also will give you a grocery stop if you need one ( I suggest buying a case of water before going to the ship. 1. its cheaper than on the ship and 2 Evian stinks in my opinon)

Got to the port a bit before 10am wearing our homeade Disboard shirts but did not catch anyone there. We recieved #1 and were on the Ship very quickly once they opened the doors around 11:45 am. Went to Parrot Cay for lunch and by 1:30pm our room was ready for us. Gerich was our stateroom attendant and he was excellent. When the bags came we only got 1 of 4 and he went right out to get the other 3 for us 10 minutes later we had all of our bags.
3pm Disboard meet. not well organized but I managed to find a few of the people that were up on deck and it was great to meet them. One thing for sure everyone is as nice or nicer as they come across on the board.

We had the early dinner rotation 5:30 was our time it was good for the kids I would have prefered later seating but what can you do. If I could get the 6pm I would be ok with the early seating ... I did feel rushed getting to dinner. Kumar and Anastasia were our server and asst. They were awsome. Kumar kept us well fed by adding dishes to our orders and having us sample almost everything on the menu every night.

Palo ... Funny thing is Rishi our server at Palo was Kumars roomate and we discovered this at brunch on Sunday so we requested him for Dinner on Wed he and Kumar must be in kahootz.
Brunch ... we ate for 2.5 hours ... literaly .... I could have eaten the caviar all day. Make sure you try that german bread with the whipped cream and fruit it was outstanding.
Dinner at Palo was equally impresive. I had the tuna rare and it was some of the best tuna I have had in a long time .... the rack of lamb was also very good I tasted my wifes ....

We did the premium wine package that was offered and had wine with dinner every night. it was very good and we enjoyed the wines they offered.

shows .... seadays ... and Islands....( did excursions on our own)

As everyone else said the shows were outstanding Rich Pupura's adult show had everyone rolling on the floor.

St Maarten was great we took the kids to the beach did some shopping and had fun but by noon the kids wanted to go back to the kids club so we droped them off and went shopping with out them. Ill talk more about the kids club at the end.

St Thomas ... took the kids to Coral World ... got to coral world at 8:45 am with a little adrenalin rush on the way a women in our taxi had her bag fall out ( these are open air taxi's ) and a homeless guy grabbed it and started going through it so we almost had a fight on our hands her husband was pissed ... also there was a heartattack on coki beach .... not sure who ... but coral world was fun and my kids had a great time picking up the starfish and sealife and seeing everyting a bit overpriced even with the discount cards you get from the cab drivers.

Tequila tasting ... did this on Thur..seaday 3 ... this was good wife was at the spa and at 4:30 I was sucking down shots and margaritas .. a bit hammered for dinner but all was good balanced it out with a nice red wine and was feeling fine for the 10pm cigar at the cove.

Kids club ... my 2 DD 3 and 4.5 yrs were in the same group. From the moment we got on the ship to the very last minute all they wanted to do was go to the kids club ... we had trouble pulling them out for dinner or pool time or even excurions that we did on our own. So we decided to roll with it and let them be ... this posed 2 problems ... sort of ... we let the kids stay untill 11pm or later and ususally found them asleep on the cots during movie time this was fine but I had to carry them back to the room. The other sort of problem was no matter what we did they wanted to go back to the kids club because they loved the counslers and the activities ....
Edson
Keira
Corina
I should not even name everyone because all of the 3-4 yr old counslers were OUTSTANDING ..... I printed out DIS Thank your cards and gave them to the kids to give to all the counselrs the last night... I think they liked them...

Things I brought from this boards tips

1. travel size liquid tide (target in the travel section by the Pharmacy)
  2. nightlight
  3. plugin air freshener for bathroom ( a must)
  4. clock with light (got it from sharper image small and bright big button)
  5. Over the door shoe holder (invaluable ) keeps room neat
We had the early 6:30am breakfast and were off the boat by 7:30 our car was sched. for 8 am an was early and we left having a great trip meeting some great people and knowing our kids had an incredible time.

Ok Im sure I could write more but there are 2 or 3 other trip reports from this cruise so ill leave it at this and say if you have any questions feel free to ask

I agree the 3-4 counselors were awesome all of them, some of the others were Kristen, Robyn, Dani, Marquette, Vanessa, and Chris.

Your girls must have been the two blondes curled up in the front cots, when I went to get my DS they were always there :rotfl2:

My fiance enjoyed the Cigar and Cognac nights in Quiet Cove as well...

Burma-
Thanks for all the info. It is a geat help as we plan for our Eastern in 19 days. Can you tell me where you took the kids to on St. Marten. Our party has a 1yo, 2yo, and 4yo girls. We want to take them to a beach, but we do not want to spend a ton of money because like your children we think they may want to be back on the boat rather than at the beach.

Dave, LOL You guys were right in front of us at the DSU graduation in line in front of the door, you and your little one at least I think so, did she just get a Pooh bear from the store that night, and was wearing a dress she didnt want to keep down :rotfl2:

Enjoyed your trip report. I hope my kids love the clubs as much as yours did. Glad to hear a good report on Southern Elegance. :thumbsup2 We are using them in May for our cruise. Can't wait!

cruisecrzy said:
Burma-
Thanks for all the info. It is a geat help as we plan for our Eastern in 19 days. Can you tell me where you took the kids to on St. Marten. Our party has a 1yo, 2yo, and 4yo girls. We want to take them to a beach, but we do not want to spend a ton of money because like your children we think they may want to be back on the boat rather than at the beach.

cruisecrzy

Ok we were going to go to Orient beach but changed our mind as we got off the ship due to the kids and the kids club so we went to Little Bay I think thats what it was called it was at the Divi cab ride there was $12 ..15 for 2 chairs and an umbrella and I gave they guy at the towel hut 5 for towels since they are for resort guests only and we did not bring any...

Rottie that is too funny It was us ... my daughter was in her Alice in wonderland dress and she did not want to go on stage till she saw her sister up there .... I put a pic up on your pic thread of my daughters ...
would have had a cigar with your husband if I had realized it was him ... I bought 25 cubans on St Maarteen found a great lil store on a side street.

LOL, thats how I knew it was you, by the pick I was talking about her dress to a friend who has little girl just today at my school... Yeah My dh enjoyed the cigars very much, he bought some in St. Maarten too,

Great report, Dave. :goodvibes

Since you were the person I seemed to see most around the ship I hold some great memories of you - wearing your homemade Dis shirt that first day, comfortably enjoying your stogie outside Cove Cafe on Pirate Night, carrying your adorable sleeping DD down the hall, seeing your Castaway Cay door sign on your door on Friday morning, LOL, and of course getting into that beautiful limo at the port!!

Glad you and your family had such a nice trip! :wizard:

Great report....loved reading it....

Ok two questions...
1. How do you register for the tequila tasting my dh would love it..Do you do it when you board?? etc.. and how much did it cost you???

2. What was the name of the car company?? again.?? How do you book through them web site etc??How were their prices tooo?? we are going to book a limo for our trip in Oct..and want to see what our best option is...thanks,..

kritter said:
Great report....loved reading it....

Ok two questions...
1. How do you register for the tequila tasting my dh would love it..Do you do it when you board?? etc.. and how much did it cost you???

2. What was the name of the car company?? again.?? How do you book through them web site etc??How were their prices tooo?? we are going to book a limo for our trip in Oct..and want to see what our best option is...thanks,..

The Tequila tasting was in the navigator it was $12 a person they also had beer,wine and martini tastings. I was a walk in for this one just happend to be passing by while the wife was in the spa so I did it. It was held in the Promanade Lounge and you can get tickets at guest services .

The Car company is Southern Elegance Limo
I like to call them directly I dont even know the price anymore because we use them a lot I have a cc on file with them so I wait to get the bill ... this time was especially different ... we used them from the MCO Hyatt to the port , the port to a hotel in downtown disney and then a towncar to MCO from downtown disney on sunday ...
For me the price is worth what ever it is because the kids can strech out on the way to the port and especially on the way back after getting up so early ... they have newer limos with tv's and an array of disney movies for the kids to watch. They will make a grocery stop if you ask for it when booking ...

Any other questions feel free to ask ..

Dave

Hi DAve. I think I saw you, too. I passed you outside the Cove Cafe. You were smoking a very good cigar and I said "You look like you are really enjoying that"-or something allong that line. Then I said that I love the smell of a really good cigar.

We great trip report! We stayed at the Hyatt and used Southern Elegance. I can't say enough about them. I have used other companies before-but now for several trips-I keep going back to them.

burma said:
The Tequila tasting was in the navigator it was $12 a person they also had beer,wine and martini tastings. I was a walk in for this one just happend to be passing by while the wife was in the spa so I did it. It was held in the Promanade Lounge and you can get tickets at guest services .

The Car company is Southern Elegance Limo
I like to call them directly I dont even know the price anymore because we use them a lot I have a cc on file with them so I wait to get the bill ... this time was especially different ... we used them from the MCO Hyatt to the port , the port to a hotel in downtown disney and then a towncar to MCO from downtown disney on sunday ...
For me the price is worth what ever it is because the kids can strech out on the way to the port and especially on the way back after getting up so early ... they have newer limos with tv's and an array of disney movies for the kids to watch. They will make a grocery stop if you ask for it when booking ...

Any other questions feel free to ask ..

Dave

thanks for the info......

Dreamer04

I think we left the MCO Hyatt at the same time on Sat morning around 9:30am or so ... you guys were in the white limo? Fernando who usually drives us was the black one right besides you ... I think you were waiting for you husband to come down ... I was standing next to my car waiting for the wife to get the kids back from the bathroom .....

kritter said:
thanks for the info......

southern Elegance was so great called them...and we are going with them...
thanks ...!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter