Magic 10/20 Price increase

Castaway April

Mouseketeer
So last Monday I checked the price for a 5B on the Magic Double Dip 10/20. The price was 2645 before taxes and now is 2835. Boarded the Dream we decided on a 4B instead so I don't know what the 4B base price was but now that I am home and look at the numbers, it looks like the prices went up about 7 percent if you look at the price difference that I knew from the 5B's. Oyyyy, I know I can't do anything about it, just wanted to whine a bit ;) At least I got the reduced deposit and obc :)

I watch the Dream and I am not used to seeing the prices go up. I think people are realizing this is one of the only double dips scheduled at this point and the popularity and price went up.

Prices do not increase across the board, so it is possible that the category you booked was the same as when you checked last time. Each category has it's own tier, so the price rises depending on how that particular category is selling.

So if for some reason, the price were to go down again before my PIF fate, will DVL take off that amount? Or let's say a different Cat went down in price and we switched to it?

If the price of your cruise goes down, and it is not a special rate requiring a new booking, you would need to call DCL to request the difference be refunded. It is not an automatic process. If you switch categories to a cheaper one, the difference should be refunded as part of the process.

The chance of your stateroom going down in price is slim, but if it does then yes you can call DCL and they will refund you the difference if it is not due to a *GT rate, even if it is after the PIF date. If there is a *GT rate, then you would have to cancel and rebook. If it is after the PIF date you would pay the penalty and may still save money. You have locked in the prices for all categories as of the date you booked, so if you decide to move to a different category, you will get the same price as it was on that date.

Thanks for the answers! Soooooo excited! Would have been more excited to get my Obb benefits on the lower price, but oh well, it's a special cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter