Mag Express leaving earlier?

msinformation

Mouseketeer
I don't think I've seen this discussed anywhere, but perhaps I just missed the thread. The TSA says you should now plan to arrive 2 hours early for domestic flights, up from the 1 hour they recommended previously. So are the Magical Express times bumped up appropriately?

Thanks!

Our experience has been that DME picks up 3 hours before flight time. Usually get to MCO 2 1/2 hours before flight time. This is on the POFQ, Saratoga Springs, OKW route....usually staying at POFQ.

No, because Magical Express already gets passengers to the airport at least two hours in advance.

Well, I was assuming they have always left extra time just in case any extra time was needed (for traffic, etc.). Still leaving the same amount of time will eliminate that "extra padding", right? I'm not too worried about it, but it just seems odd to me that they wouldn't bump up the time a little bit.

I guess I'll just trust that Disney has it under control. :thumbsup2

Anyone can request an earlier bus time. Do this at least a day before checkout day.

BUt be sure you arrange the earlier pickup in advance. Please don't just show up early and expect to get on the bus - you may deprive someone who's scheduled for that specific time of their ride. And thank you, for your support :teeth:

With the happenings in London a few weeks ago, the TSA asked that we get to our airports earlier than we were used to. So, DME started picking you up about 4 hrs. before your flight departure time, just to be sure that people made it though the MCO security lines which can be chaotic at the best of times. However, now DME has gone back to the routine 2.45-3 hrs. before departure time for pickups. That gets you to the airport about 2 hrs before your flight time. So, you will be adhering to the TSA request. If you are more comfortable getting there earlier, just make plans ahead of time and change your pick up time...but, you need to do it before the departure day!

Thanks for all the info. If I'm feeling anxious I'll request an earlier pickup time, but I'll probably just trust Disney. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter