Maelstrom closing....

I read that October 5 is the last day that FP+s are available for Maelstrom. I am so sad about this! I know everyone thinks it's outdated, but I LOVE Maelstrom! I can't do rides that go in circles, upside down, or have big drops, so Maelstrom is one of the few things I can actually ride. I find it amusing and peaceful, and I love the beauty and majesty of the Norway film. I only found Frozen to be "meh" so yet another Frozen attraction doesn't "do" it for me. It also irritates me that the Suits are putting an attraction based on a fantasy location in World Showcase. Just doesn't belong there, to my way of thinking. Also, Disney is not ADDING to the number of attractions, just substituting. Doesn't help with crowd control (although I bet both Soarin and TT will practically be walk-ons when Frozen opens!). ALL that empty building space at Epcot and they have to remove an attraction to add one. Honestly, with global warming and the polar vortex and all, maybe a Frozen attraction belongs more in FUTURE WORLD than World Showcase!

Bye bye, Maelstrom, you were a favorite of ours and will be sorely missed!

Everything good in Epcot gets abandoned and forgotten, Maelstrom was next in line. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

This ride has always been one of my favs. Love the little fishing village at the end. I am sad to see it go.

Count me as another who will really miss Maelstrom and is not looking forward to Frozen ride. Norway is a beautiful proud country and to see its Epcot pavilion Disneyfied is really sad. Goodbye pretty Norway, you will be missed.

First we lost the wonderful Akershus (we stopped going when the Princesses took over and they dumbed down the Norwegian offerings) and now Maelstrom. Poor Norge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter