Madonna!!!

lexie32

DIS Veteran
Went to Cardiff to see Madonna last night was great :cool1: :cool1: !!!

BUT

concert finished at 10.30pm got home to High Wycombe at 05.25 am :sad2: with only a 20 min stop for coffee, Ds ( 21 months) woke up at 06.00am so have not had any sleep since yesterday 5.45am, Dh has gone to work and Mum is stuck in Traffic an hour away on the M25 so can't sit down in case i fall asleep!!

How come 5 years ago i could exist on 2 hours sleep in a weekend and still go to work on Monday :confused3

Thanks KristieUK for your help unfortunatley we got very lost and eventually ended up in the park and ride in Cardiff( i keep telling Dh we must get sat nav!)

Alex

Wow you are so lucky. I would have loved to see Madonna ony DH doesnt like her ticket prices :rolleyes1 and the girls are too young. Was she fantastic ? what were the highlights ?

I was very lucky my sil had a spare ticket and no one to travel with and offered it to me free as she knows we could not justify £75 on a ticket, personally i would have been dissapointed if i had spent the £75 as there was no support band and she was on for about 1 hour 45 mins with several 5 min clothes changes, but i really enjoyed myself the music was mainly fron her latest album which i think is fantastic and i know all the words as i use that album on my ipod when i use my exercise thingy (Sorry brain really going now) the whole thing was incredibly proffesional and i would say it was far more a show than a concert.

i did see on the news she was booed by the crowd for not doing an encore but i did not hear it, i bet she was desperate to get out of the stadium before the jams started!!!

It sounds like you had a great time, Madonna always puts on a good show. My SIL and neice are off to see her soon at Wembley (I think)

Arr yes, I remember the days when I could get home a 5am and be at work a couple of hours later. Now if I'm out to after midnight, I feel like I've got jet-lag (mind you it could be something to do with all the alcohol ~ LOL)

When I was in my mid-20's I remember I would regulary drive from South Wales to the Norfolk coast for a few hours then drive back again (around 650 miles) - I wouldn't dream of doing it now.

Apparently it's called getting old :rolleyes:

David

Hi

I am pleased you had a great time. We saw Madonna a couple of years ago on her Music tour. I think it was called Drowned World Tour. She was really good. It sounds as though she has done the same thing. She had lots of 5 minute dress changes and you were then stuck with a big screen playing some weird japenese videos playing her albumn music. It was really good. However, I agree I would not pay £75 a ticket either. Last time we were lucky to get restricted view tickets for £40 each. I found our restricted view seats were much better than others :confused3

Sounds like you had a great time. I am a teensy bit jealous, but I couldn't justify the ticket price either. You must be exhausted today, here's hoping for an early night tonight!

ArielJasmine princess:

Sounds like you had a great time. Hope you will soon catch up with your sleep.

Susan

my daughter and her boyfriend also went to see madonna last night and really enjoyed, they did say that she was booed at the end which is a shame, they bought their tickets on e.bay, 2 for £55 bargain!

jules

Glad you had a great time, the girls who went in work also said they enjoyed it and that it was more of a "show" so to speak rather than a concert, if you know what I mean and that the vast majority of her songs were her newer ones. They did also mention the fact that the crowd were very very dissapointed that she didnt do an encore, however they said that she did say right before the last song that this would be the last chance for everyone to sing along. :goodvibes

Glad you had a good night - sorry you got lost, and stuck in traffic on the way home though. Hope you manage to get a good night's sleep tonight :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter