Made ADR's today...kind of crazy and ?

tigerlilly

Mouseketeer
So I was up at 2:45 AM this morning to log on and make our reservations 180 days out. I know there is no perfect time to open reservation times but 3 AM PST seems cruel and unusual on a Saturday lol.

I was able to log on and get most of what I wanted however about half way through the process I kept getting the stitch page. I received about half the emails with my reservation numbers almost instantly when I made the reservation through MDE but they stopped also when I began getting the stitch page.

I tried till about 3:45 AM to sign on, tried to empty my cookies etc, and finally figured I would just live with what we had as maybe the whole system was down (I have read here on DIS this happens?)....funny I have been planning this for a year now and at this point I am like if I don't get A I will just go for B.

When I was back up a few hours later the Stitch page was still there and I didn't receive the last few reservation emails. I ended up changing browsers and was able to get back on to MDE and I was missing 2 reservations I had made, which were no longer available (we are a party of 7 so it seems to be a little tricky getting popular restaurants).

My question is has this happened to others? This far out there will be chances hopefully to get those missing reservations maybe with cancellations?
Do I call and confirm the reservations weren't made? If they are not in my MDE they are gone...right? One was fantasmic Dinner package and I don't want to maybe be charged for something?

Thanks in advance for advice and for listening to me :)...I get to do it again next Friday since we did a split stay...I am thinking California Grill is not in my future lol. Have a great day!

Well I am going to reply to my own post lol... I did end up calling as my Fantasmic reservation was one of the ADR's I made that did not go through, as well as a Via Napolini one.

Whenever I try to access my MyDisneyExperience reservations pull down part of the MyDisneyExperience, or when I try to log in to MyDisneyExperience I get the stitch page..but when I go to the "Itinerary" pull down part of the MyDisneyExperience it lets me log in and see my ADR's.

The first call I made I was able to redo my ADR for Via Napolini, and I was able to get one, just not really the time I wanted, but at least the same day. The CM was unable to find the reservation I had made. I also remade the ADR for Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package, again the reservation I had made was not found in the system.

So this afternoon I got on to the MyDisneyExperience and I am still experiencing the stitch page whenever I try to log in, but as long as I go in through the "My Itinerary" I can log in and see my reservations. However, again the Fantasmic package was not showing up!

So I called again... this time the My Disney Experience help desk. Basically I was told that there is a glitch in their system and they are working on it with the accessing of the MDE thru 'sign in' or reservations pull down. I have a Mac and use safari, although I had changed to firefox also to check the MDE. I was told to try the iPhone App instead.

After searching he was able to find my Fantasmic Dinner package using my zip code as it was placed under a wrong email? Even though I had made both the Via Napolini and the Fantasmic during the same call.

I guess my point is ...if you know you have made an ADR, by phone especially, and it is not showing up on your MDE call and see if it is in the system because I would have been allowed to make the ADR again online but my credit card would have been attached to both and I was unable to see the other one. I have not read of this occurring so it is probably a one time thing but one to be aware of.

:)

I thought 7:00 am for food ressies... good to know you could do earlier!

I feel your pain when it comes to getting up early. Until they changed the times for ADR's and FP+ I used to get up at 4.30am (UK time) ready to hit Disney's site with all our fastpasses. So how can I complain when they changed everything to later? Well now it's midday in the UK so I have to book the day off work at 180 day window for ADR's and 60 day window for FP+

But we still do it :)

And this
My friends.....
Is the Craziness of the "Awesome" Disney ADR and Fastpasses system
....Glitches and basically the Prerequsite Required Stalking of the calendar and Stalking of the Clock
Which is part of WHY there are

So many people out there that get Frustrated with the Entire Over Planning Process of a Disney Vacation.
It's Simply NUTS imho

Fortunately for Disney ...there are so many that are Wiling to Sacrifice, Time, Energy, Sleep and their Cold Hard Cash to get the
Joy out of Disney...

Seriously, No disparagement to those that do it... been there myself but having a harder time to Justify the Xtra Work /Value of it all ...sometimes.

Glad it worked out in the end for u OP!
Happy travels!

Jenny... it is 6AM online ...so 3AM for me here in California. Yipee for the west coast.

NurseJackie.. honestly as much as the 3AM stinks you are right...if it was in the middle of the day for me I would have to take off work! For food reservations :)

adisneyaunt...it is craziness! lol My husband likens it to planning a sea to land undercover mission that must be planned to the minute detail well in advance :)

This is our first trip in 12 years...we are frequent visitors and AP's at DL. Disneyland is infinitely easier to plan for but clearly much more compact. I feel this will be our only WDW trip for years after too :) ..but I am excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter