Made a Pros/Cons List - Help Me Decide When To Go!

Thank you both for your comparison of feb/sept. I'm wondering the crowd comparisons the 2nd week of September with the 1st week in February.... Trying to do a dis-search now!

The possible ride-closures are a bit worrisome - but that wouldn't be a make it/break it kinda thing

tinkerpea - thank you for your input! We are from the south - south carolina - so heat isn't a *huge* deal for me - it is mainly the humidity combined with heat... Still leaning towards Sept though!

Any of the times I posted my daughter will need to be out that week from pre-k. But, it *is* pre-k, not her senior year exam week - so I'm good with that.

I agree 100%! Take advantage of the fact that you have the flexibility now...when they get older it will be that much harder to schedule things.

That being said, in Sept. your daughter will have just started pre-k. It's possible she might need some time to get adjusted. I know for my oldest DD, it took her a good 2 - 3 months to get adjusted to school even though she had been going to daycare since infancy. If I had taken her for out of school for a week it would have been that much tougher on her.

Just my .02 cents, though...certainly, all kids are different!

I have never gone in September before, but I loved January (and it happened to be quite warm that year).

Good luck on your decision! (I am jealous :))

I

I agree 100%! Take advantage of the fact that you have the flexibility now...when they get older it will be that much harder to schedule things.

That being said, in Sept. your daughter will have just started pre-k. It's possible she might need some time to get adjusted. I know for my oldest DD, it took her a good 2 - 3 months to get adjusted to school even though she had been going to daycare since infancy. If I had taken her for out of school for a week it would have been that much tougher on her.

Just my .02 cents, though...certainly, all kids are different!

I have never gone in September before, but I loved January (and it happened to be quite warm that year).

Good luck on your decision! (I am jealous :))

I

You know, I think your post may have sealed the deal for us... It never crossed my mind re: the adjustment period would most definitely still be happening in September! She has never been to daycare a day in her life, so it will be a *huge* change for her and now that I think about it - it wouldn't be a good idea to take her out a week so soon after she starts! Thank you *so* much for those thoughts - that really helped!

Another thing I didn't realize - if we do Jan/Feb - she won't have started pre-K yet. Her birthday falls late, so she won't start pre-K (4yr old program) until August 2013 and if we do Jan/Feb 2013, she won't have even started yet. Hmm.

DH just tossed the idea of the F&G festival. Perhaps doing the last week of Feb into early March. Going to do some digging in regards to crowds during that time. I know SB starts in March, but not the 1st week most often.

You know, I think your post may have sealed the deal for us... It never crossed my mind re: the adjustment period would most definitely still be happening in September! She has never been to daycare a day in her life, so it will be a *huge* change for her and now that I think about it - it wouldn't be a good idea to take her out a week so soon after she starts! Thank you *so* much for those thoughts - that really helped!

Another thing I didn't realize - if we do Jan/Feb - she won't have started pre-K yet. Her birthday falls late, so she won't start pre-K (4yr old program) until August 2013 and if we do Jan/Feb 2013, she won't have even started yet. Hmm.

DH just tossed the idea of the F&G festival. Perhaps doing the last week of Feb into early March. Going to do some digging in regards to crowds during that time. I know SB starts in March, but not the 1st week most often.

I don't think the F&G Festival starts until a full week into March (the 7th or 9th this year). I've heard that the last week of February into the first week of March isn't very crowded, but it's not Value season any more either. By the time F&G starts, you'll be into the second week of March, and spring breaks.

As far as low crowds/refurbs go...you're going to have to choose one or the other, I think. At low crowd periods there are ALWAYS going to be some things closed for refurbs. If nothing is closed, that's because it's very crowded. ;)

I am glad I could help!

I am hoping to go around Feb/March 2013 as well. We're heading to Orlando this March, but not likely going to any Disney parks this trip (although I would really like to see the flower and garden show at Epcot). I am happy to just get out of the winter for a while!

Choose based on what's most important to you. We would avoid Jan/Feb simply because many headliners are down for their annual maintenance. We love the fall, especially MNSSHP (well worth the extra $$)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter