Maddie Makes a Wish

12 days!!! We received a welcome brochure from GKTW yesterday, so we know that we are all set to arrive on the 28th. Other than that, I'd be very worried that the trip wasn't actually going to happen. We have had VERY little communication from MAW and we still have no idea what times our flights are. Every time I email our Wish Granters with a question, they forward it to the Wish Coordinator and we get an answer within an hour or so, but there has been almost no spontaneous communication from them. I feel like I'm being pushy when I ask them a question, but we're less than 2 weeks away and I know nothing about the trip, really. I'm trying to wait until tomorrow afternoon to email them, but it's so hard. I know we need to meet with them to get our details and documents and the next 12 days are crazy for us schedule-wise. I'm so grateful for the trip, but I feel like the lack of communication is just crazy.

The suspense will soon be over! We are meeting with our Wish Granters on Saturday afternoon for our "reveal party." They gave us the option of meeting at a restaurant or our home. Maddie has been very unpredictable lately - anxious, hyper, just "off," so we decided that it would be better to just have the party at home. We are very excited!

Just read through your ENTIRE thread!! I'm so happy y'all r getting to go!! We're hoping to get to go to WDW/GKTW on June 7-14. Im sorry to read about all of your little girl's medical issues!! Hopefully she gets to feeling better soon!! I LOVE how you've been asking her everyday what she wants to do. I keep talking to my daughter about our potential trip but my boyfriend doesn't want me getting her hopes up, but i'm just so excited!!! I look forward to seeing pictures from when y'all get back and hearing about your wonderful experience!!

I hope you had a great reveal party today!! Only a few days left! I hope you have a magical time!!! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

Jackie

We had an amazing send-off party yesterday! MAW brought a beautiful Tinkerbell cake and princess balloons and a bunch of travel presents (a rolling suitcase, beach gear, princess wings and tutu, disposable cameras, a photo album, plane activities) and gave us all of our info. There's a small (we hope) problem with the return flight - GKTW has us staying through May 4, but our return flight is May 3 - but that should be resolved tomorrow. It looks like there's a super special surprise planned for Maddie on our AK day, but we have to wait to get to GKTW to get all of the details. MAW is wonderful!

Wow!!! What a surprise!!! I bed little Maddie was super excited!!! Mom probably was too, lol. I hope y'all have a fantastic time, can't wait to hear about it when y'all get back!!! Hopefully they get your return flight all worked out!! Also can't wait to hear what y'all's big AK surprise is!!! Yay!!!!

I'm so glad that the party was a success! Maddie must have been over the moon!

Hopefully the flight info will get fixed up :-)

Hope you're having a fantastic time :goodvibes

So glad that she had a wonderful send off party. Hope your flight was fixed. Sorry about the lack of communication. :hug: Can't wait to hear about the AK surprise. Praying that she's feeling great for the trip.

Hope you are having a super trip! Cant wait to hear about it and see some pictures of your precious little girl!!

Eagerly hoping that you'll post a trip report. :)

What was the AK surprise??

I'd love to do a trip report, but life is just too crazy right now. Hopefully, things will settle down soon

Madison (and our family) was in Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at the AK, so she got her wish to "ride in a float in a parade." It was very, very cool.

Sorry I haven't been around much. I had a negative experience with another member on the board here, which caused my daughter a lot of sadness and disappointment. She's over it, but I'm not sure that I am. Still, I'll try to be better about posting updates! One bad apple doesn't spoil the bunch, right :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter