• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Maddie Makes a Wish

Cute! That should be an easy one to make happen! Jenna told us last night that she is excited for them to give her Cheetoes on the plane. She was shocked when we told her that they might not give any food. I wonder if I can convince her that a banana would be more fun to eat? ;-)

Cute! That should be an easy one to make happen! Jenna told us last night that she is excited for them to give her Cheetoes on the plane. She was shocked when we told her that they might not give any food. I wonder if I can convince her that a banana would be more fun to eat? ;-)

We are lucky that Maddie will eat just about anything. She loves food! Last time we went on a plane she did get a banana in the airport. That kid remembers EVERYTHING! But I'd love some Cheetos :)

Day #16: Maddie: "I want to climb on the big crayons"
Mommy: "What?"
Maddie: "I want to climb on the big crayons and go to the place where everything is big and I'm small"
Mommy: "The Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground?"
Maddie: "Is that where I drank the purple slushie?"
Mommy: "Yes"
Maddie: "Yes, giant crayons and purple slushies. Will you help me play when I get too tired?"

I realized that I never fully introduced the rest of the family! So, here's our "cast of characters" for Maddie's wish trip ....

Julie: mom and author on this PTR! I am finishing up my doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology and currently work long hours completing my final internship. Actually, I should work long hours, but instead spent WAY too much time on the Disboards! I stopped graduate school for 3 years due to Maddie's health issues, so it feels good to finally be finishing it. I grew up in FL and Disney was a huge part of my childhood. Lots of super happy memories there! In fact, my husband and I met at Disney while working in the College Program and got married at the Wedding Pavillion in 2006!

Chris: dad and "disney convert!" Chris is an amazing father and has embraced my love for Disney! He worked at Disney to "meet a cute girl" and ended up getting more than he bargained for!

Maddie: our beautiful wish princess, who turns 5 1/2 today! Maddie has been to Disney twice (once at 6 months old, which really doesn't count) and once last year for her 4th birthday. She LOVED the Disney trip and still talks about all of her memories. I am amazed at the little details that meant so much to her. She didn't hesitate to pick WDW when asked what her "one true wish would be."

Nana: Maddie's maternal grandmother. Maddie told her wish granters that she really wanted her Nana to come on the trip and MAW was gracious enough to allow my mom to be a part of the trip. She'll be staying at GKTW with us. Maddie's grandfather can't attend due to work issues (he's a teacher) but will be with us in spirit.

Maddie's aunt, uncle, and cousin still live in FL, so they'll be joining us for at least a day or two of the trip.

And that's our family!

So touched by Princess Maddie's (and Mom & Dad's) strength!

Subscribing :banana:

Maddie: "Yes, giant crayons and purple slushies. Will you help me play when I get too tired?"

Aw :hug:

It's very easy to spead too much time on the DIS. ::yes:: Yay for finishing up your doctorate. :cheer2: Love how you met DH . :lovestruc So nice that extended family can join you on the trip.

We're both Julies :cheer2:

It's great to learn more about your family! How fun that Nana gets to come too! We invited my parents and DH's dad and step-mom to each join us for 2 or 3 days.

Maddie is precious. I hope you take lots of pictures because I'm looking forward to a trip report!:hyper:

Day #17: Maddie: "I don't want to go on any roller coasters. I don't like them."

(She's barely 40 inches, anyway!)

A few days ago, I tried to schedule reservations at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and Cinderella's Royal Table, and encountered a very rude cast member, who chastised me for not scheduling reservations earlier. He seemed to have no idea what MAW was or why we got our dates so late. I contacted our Wish Granters to see if they could pull any strings to get us reservations. I got a call yesterday to say that Maddie is booked for the BBB at DTD and for a princess breakfast in Epcot! So excited! We were told that our flights are booked too!

It seems like our chapter wants to keep details a surprise for us, so we don't know info about our flights (other than dates) or the days for the breakfast or makeover. I'm trying to relinquish control and let the magic just happen! But we still have family in FL and would love to have them visit us during the trip. So we need to know what they are planning for us, so that our visitors can know when to visit. I may just need to email MAW and ask for some details.

Another sprinkle of pixie dust: I went onto etsy.com last night to look at things to order for our trip. So many cute things! Anyway, I contacted one of the sellers to inquire about a countdown calendar. She wrote back and said that she would find a way to make our countdown "extra special" for Maddie's trip. I am so excited to see what it looks like when we receive it!

I don't like roller coasters either. :sad2:

Yay for getting the reservations :cheer2: If you explain why you want the details, hopefully they'll give you the info you need. :) I can understand them wanting to have some surprises, but you already know the reservations were made, and to me flight info, etc. isn't a surprise. They won't even tell us what hotel we're staying at, just that it's adjacent to the airport. I'd like to be able to research what options there are nearby to eat at, etc. Yay for the etsy seller making the countdown calendar extra special. :)

I don't like roller coasters either. :sad2:

Yay for getting the reservations :cheer2: If you explain why you want the details, hopefully they'll give you the info you need. :) I can understand them wanting to have some surprises, but you already know the reservations were made, and to me flight info, etc. isn't a surprise. They won't even tell us what hotel we're staying at, just that it's adjacent to the airport. I'd like to be able to research what options there are nearby to eat at, etc. Yay for the etsy seller making the countdown calendar extra special. :)

I contacted them yesterday and found out that the BBB is on April 29 and the breakfast is on April 30. Still no idea on the flights, but that's fine, since we know what day we leave and return and we'll just show up at the airport whenever we need to! I'm getting really excited.

Today starts a round of 4 medical appointments over the next 5 days. Send us good thoughts for uneventful appointments! Maddie has been dealing with some blood sugar issues and we're not sure what will need to be done. She was totally out of control yesterday at school, which is not at all like her. Thank goodness that she has her 1:1 aide with her.

Day #18: Maddie : "I want to see the Barney show and catch a snowflake on my tongue" (We think she saw this on a you-tube video)

I hope Maddie's appointments go well!

So exciting that you have appointments at bbb and a meal with princesses! I was booking a reservation at crt and decided to make sure maw wasn't doing the same, so I contacted the wish granter. She told me that everything will be a surprise. I told her that this type-a mom will try to go with the flow. She laughed and said she understood and is type-a, too.

Praying about the appointments. Sorry she's having blood sugar issues. :hug:

We've never been to any of the parks besides wdw - is Barney at Universal? Is there snow at the GKTW Christmas Party, or somewhere else? She may not want to catch a soapy snowflake on her tongue. :laughing:

I was booking a reservation at crt and decided to make sure maw wasn't doing the same, so I contacted the wish granter. She told me that everything will be a surprise. I told her that this type-a mom will try to go with the flow. She laughed and said she understood and is type-a, too.

Things could be a surprise for the kids, even if the parents know. It makes it hard to plan what days you'll be where, and making ADRs, etc. It would be easier for me to accept someone else making the plans, if the person making our plans hadn't given me many reasons to question her information.

Praying about the appointments. Sorry she's having blood sugar issues. :hug:

We've never been to any of the parks besides wdw - is Barney at Universal? Is there snow at the GKTW Christmas Party, or somewhere else? She may not want to catch a soapy snowflake on her tongue. :laughing:

Things could be a surprise for the kids, even if the parents know. It makes it hard to plan what days you'll be where, and making ADRs, etc. It would be easier for me to accept someone else making the plans, if the person making our plans hadn't given me many reasons to question her information.

Thanks. Appointment #1 (unrelated to blood suagr issues) went okay. We added yet another medication :sad1:

Yes, they have a Barney show at Universal. I think that she saw a video aboit it and that there were some bubbles or something that came down from the ceiling. She thinks it was snow :)

We know certain things about the trip (BBB, breakfast, limo) but Maddie has no idea. If MAW has other surprises, we'll all be surprised together. With family visiting us in FL, we needed to know some information ahead of time.

I hope you are able to plan as you need to, without rearranging a lot of things. :grouphug: I am sorry for more meds, sometimes I feel we have more than the pharmacy between our four and DH. :hug:

Sorry about new meds. And hopefully the other appointments go well
I can't wait to see Maddie after the BBB! princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter