Maclaren Volo Color Question

mhm

Mouseketeer
I'm leaning toward buying a MacLaren Volo for dd (turning 5 during our trip) rather than renting. We'll be there in September--will color really make much of a difference in temperature? Looks wise, I like the black best, but I'm thinking the silver may keep her cooler.

I think the silver color would definitely be cooler for your daughter.

When we bought a Volo for our DD, the only color choice we had was black. I spray painted the whole thing white, figuring that it might help to keep her cooler.

Plus, my lousy spray painting job certainly makes the stroller stand out in a crowd!:rotfl:

I just got a black one and a silver one for our trip next week. I'll take a cloth diaper or hand towel to put on the seat of the black one if the seat feels hot, but I doubt it will even be needed. :)

We have the block one and I never remeber it being hot. The seat is mesh and well ventilated.

I have the orange Volo and I love it, but the hood is that light gray color, and the wheels touch it everytime it is folded. The hood gets dirty very fast because of it. If you like the black, then I say go for it, the strollers are very well ventilated, it will probably be as cool as any other stroller. At your dd's age, she will probably be in and out, using it mostly for in between rides.

Amie

I go with the bright colours as it is a sea of strollers at WDW. We have lime green and I can see our stroller sticking out from everyone! It is so hard to find a dark colour one with all the 100's of others.

I have a seagreen Chicco stroller and plan to take a fluffy bath towel to put over the seat, for keeping cool, drying off and just for a general cozy feeling.

I just bought the black one a couple of weeks ago and so far we haven't had any problems with the heat or anything. My DS gets hot really fast and he didn't the other day when we were out strolling at a Car Show. I think the mesh is a wonderful thing so they won't get hot. I do have to say that the canopy does get a little dirty when it's folded up, but I kind of expected that since it folds up so compactly. Can't wait to try the thing out in WDW though!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter