M&Ms PJ~April 10, 2008~YCG/Italy Plaza*Photographer Photos are up!*

aww I love your little pup- so cute:cutie:

Thanks...we love the little guy. In fact he's sitting on my lap while I type right now ;)

I was just asking because I thought you might have had problems with the Watters dresses. Your second dress choices are nice as well.

You should definitely go with Watters if you like one of their dresses. The material was really nice and they have some great colors!

Those favors look awesome. Very original!

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that b/c I really wanted something a little different.

Sorry, just catching up on your PJ and I really have been enjoying it. Just a quick question, your centerpieces for your reception were they 85 dollars each or 85 dollars all together? Thanks!

They are $85 each. IT would be beyond awesome if they were $85 altogether!! :)

Wow - your shower made me want some cake!!! Oh well, too late to run to Publix. Glad you stopped worrying about the little details. At the end of the day, it's all going to be great.

Is your DF filipino? Just curious cuz I am. Always think I can pick them out!

Thanks for updating your PJ. It's been too long!

I'm glad I've stopped worrying (for the most part) too. It'll all come together. Yes DF is filipino. He's been in the states for about 5 years now. Our next big trip after the honeymoon is the Philippines. I cant wait to go!

Awww... AJ is so cute!

Thanks...he's our baby :)

hi marcy!!!

i want to first say you look INCREDIBLE in your dress....your hips dont look big at ALL...you look perfect!!!!!
& i love the BMs,JBM & FG dresses
your colors are AWESOME...i love your bright theme!!!!
the bottles of brandy & bracelets are a FUN idea!!!!
i think it all looks really great...& your BS looked so FUN!!!! its cool the guys decorated cakes!!!lol
Did you ever decide on a honeymoon location??
oh...i LOVE your sig pic...neat pic!!!

yay for another YCG bride!!!(im a little partial):goodvibes

Yay for YCG! I love that place. I'm so excited to be married there. Thank you for the dress compliments. I am finally feeling much better about my choice. I am still so in love with my colors too...I really wanted it to be nice and bright and cheery. Thank you for all the compliments!

We haven't decided on a honeymoon location. Yikes!! I think we are going to do a cruise since that's super easy to plan since we are only about 45 min from Port Canaveral and not too far from other cruise ports either!

they had the martha stewart wedding cookie cakes on "ace of cakes" on the food network...they are professionals and they had a problem...i'm so glad i ditched that idea...

they had the martha stewart wedding cookie cakes on "ace of cakes" on the food network...they are professionals and they had a problem...i'm so glad i ditched that idea...

Hey that episode is on now and I'm watching it! Haha. I'm so glad I decided not to do it too. It's not worth the headache!

i'm watching it too! theirs burned just like some of mine did...that makes me feel so much better!

Haha I hear you. It took their whole team forever to make them. Could you imagine having to do that alone? Yuck. I'm glad I went with purchased favors instead.

Hey Marcy! I just got caught up with your latest plans!

I love the favors, that's a great idea, you know people will use it! and your puppy is adorable!

I can't beleive your only a couple of months away! crazy!:woohoo:

Hey Marcy! I was at Team Disney today - had to stop by Partners... was looking around for you but didn't see you. Oh well. I was going to PM you this morning but then I figured that was just too weird. Anyway, I was sending you a hello through the walls of team disney. :) Hope you're having a fab day.

Oh.. and your puppy is adorable!!!!

Hey Marcy! I just got caught up with your latest plans!

I love the favors, that's a great idea, you know people will use it! and your puppy is adorable!

I can't beleive your only a couple of months away! crazy!:woohoo:

Hey Abbypan! ;) I havent seen you on here in a while! I can't believe my wedding is getting so close either! It seems like just yesterday I was 12 months out and now it's just about two. I need to start working on my to-do list!!

Hey Marcy! I was at Team Disney today - had to stop by Partners... was looking around for you but didn't see you. Oh well. I was going to PM you this morning but then I figured that was just too weird. Anyway, I was sending you a hello through the walls of team disney. :) Hope you're having a fab day.

Oh.. and your puppy is adorable!!!!

Hi! I was actually out at the Studios all morning working on a project anyway. But next time you should definitely say hi. I sit on the south side of the bldg, 2nd floor :)

Thanks ...we love our little AJ:) Hope you have a great day!

Yesterday was declared a "wedding" day. My to-do list is miles long so we needed to get started. MY DF and I made a game plan and got out of the house fairly early. The main things to accomplish were:

1. Print invitation envelopes and put together invitations
2. Buy favor bags and ribbon
3. Buy glass dishes for our M&Ms to be put out on the guestbook table
4. Order the personalized M&Ms
5. Decide on tuxes for DF and groomsmen
6. Choose ceremony music
7. Figure out program wording
8. Buy rehearsal dinner invitations
9. Buy round foil labels/seals to emboss (For the invites)

Our first stop was his mom’s house b/c she has a great printer and we really needed to print our invitation envelopes. Our RSVP date is March 1 so we’re really cutting it close! Oops. So we get to the house and try to start the printing. First, he had to call his mom (on vacation in Miami) to get her computer password and then he finds out that her printer isn’t working! Soooo plan B, we’ll just go to Kinkos and they can do. (Item #1-NOT Complete!)

Our very incomplete invitations…
feb2008003.jpg

Before we do that though we decided to go by Michael’s and the tux place b/c they are in that area. We also had to wash my car. It is covered in pollen already and it’s only February! That’s what you get living here in Orlando! Anyways back to the story… so we went to Michael’s to buy bags and ribbon for the favors which was another important item on my to-do list. We found what we needed even though I was still very skeptical of the bags. I didn’t love them at the time. (Item #2- Complete!). We also purchased some glass vases for our M&Ms. (Item #3- Complete!).

We went over to MW tux (formerly Afterhours) to look at tuxes. As a side note, I haven’t heard great things about Afterhours and in fact just 2 months ago we had a not so great experience with them for Mert’s sister’s weddng. However, his sister pitched a fit about everything after her wedding and they were so apologetic and willing to do anything to make it better. So she told them to cut us some great deals for OUR wedding and that would make it better. And so now we’re using them. I hope I don’t regret it. Ok back to yesterday, DF showed me what he had picked out already and we tried to figure out what to make the groomsmen wear. We actually ended up going to two MW tux places and made all the decisions at the 2nd place. As you know my colors are fuchsia and orange. My girls are wearing fuchsia but Mert didn’t want the guys to wear that which is fine with me. We thought about putting them in orange but unfortunately the only orange they have is more of a coral. It’s an awesome color but it’s just not what I had in mind for my orange. So we put the guys in silver and decided on the jackets and all of that. It was a long process…DF tried on everything at least 3 times! He’s worse than a girl about trying on clothes. Seriously, before our engagement pictures he spent 2 hours trying on outfits! Hahahaha. At least he can never complain if I do that! Anyways we got the tuxes figured out. Yeay! (Item #5 Complete!).

OH! I missed a part…I should note that after the trip to Michaels and the first trip to MW tux, we stopped by Kinkos to print the envelopes. Well apparently they don’t do it. He offered to print on some ghetto white labels or he said they could print on just a clear adhesive sheet and we could cut them up into labels. Um, no. That’s not going to work. He was super nice about it though and I cant blame him. So we left there thinking we were going to spend the evening handwriting the invites! More like IIIII will be spending the evening doing it b/c DF’s handwriting isn’t so great. Oh well. What can ya do?! (Item#1- STILL NOT complete!)

While we were in the car on the way to stop at the apartment I was calling places to try to find round foil labels to emboss. Well I should have known, you can only order them online according to most places. Awesome. I had wanted to get the invites out on Monday and I only have 22 seals and 50 invites. Cool.

We stopped at the apt to get some items that matched the girls dresses to take to the 2nd tux place. Our poor puppy was so sad b/c we came home and left right away. Poor poor baby! While we were home though I did order the M&Ms. (Item #4- Complete!) They are pricey but I really wanted them. After all we are Mert and Marcy…M&M!!;)

We finished up at the 2nd tux place and went to Target. It’s right next door plus it’s my favorite store ever. I bought the RH dinner invites and a new cd :) (Item #8- Complete!)
The invites and the glass dish
feb2008006.jpg

We stopped home AGAIN to drop off the food we bought at Target and then we left AGAIN! Poor poor puppy. He cried a lot. Breaks my heart.

We had to go back to Kinkos b/c Mert really needed to fax something to his new employer. (He just got a new job!) We forgot to do it while we were there before b/c I was so distraught about the lack of printing ability! After Kinkos, we went to our favorite Mexican place. YUM-O. :)

After our delicious dinner we went home again for good. The puppy was very pleased :)And I started working on organizing all of our items from the day. We had originally not even considered printing the envelopes on our own printer b/c it’s kind of crappy and I didn’t think the envelopes would feed right. DF decided to try anyway and lo and behold it WORKED!!! Sooooo we were able to print the envelopes after all. Too bad we wasted so much time earlier in the day ;) DF printed the envelopes and he also put all of the favor bracelets in the bags we bought. Which by the way I actually really like so that’s good. We cant finish the favors yet though b/c we are waiting on the personalized tags that our photographers are making for us. They will use one of our engagement pics.
Here’s what they look like so far
feb2008007.jpg

The only thing I couldn’t print was the RSVP envelopes. They were just too small and the printer totally messed them up. SO I did end up handwriting them but it wasn’t horrible. (Item #1- ALMOST Complete).
Invitations in process
feb2008002.jpg

All of the envelopes were done and invitations were stuffed, however, I still had this foil label issue. I ended up ordering them online from Williams Sonoma and have them on rush order. They should be here by Wed. I’m going to go ahead and send out the 22 invitations that I can on Monday and the rest later in the week. Luckily, many of the people on my guest list are already committed to the wedding so I’m not too worried about getting them an invite right away. (Item #9- Compete!)
The invitation package
feb2008004.jpg

The 22 that are ready to go…the labels are on top
feb2008005.jpg

It was about 11:30pm by the time we got around to the ceremony music. We spent at least an hour or more on it. Mert is very thorough with this too ;) Here’s what we decided…
Mothers- “A dream is a wish your heart makes”
Groom and groomsmen- “Someday my prince will come”
Bridesmaids- “Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring”
Bride- “Traditional Bridal Chorus Processional”
Veil, Cord, Candle- “All I ask of you”
Recessional- “Entrance of he Queen of Sheba” (Mert actually wants the Disney medley instead but for now we’re keeping this)
(Item #6- Complete!)

By this point I was exhausted but I still wanted to start on the program. We were trying to figure out the order of things which wasn’t too bad. Then we researched the veil and cord ceremonies. They are very popular in Filipino ceremonies so we wanted to bring in some of DF’s culture into our ceremony. We needed to find the appropriate wording for our program though since some guests may not be familiar with the ceremonies. We found some stuff but at that point I was done with wedding stuff. Haha. So I did not finish the program. I got a good start though and I’ll finish it today.(Item #7- Not Complete YET!)

I feel like we got a good amount of things done which makes me feel much less stressed! Next weekend is my 2nd bridal shower so I’ll post again after that :)

The puppy was very happy that we were home…
feb2008001.jpg

(In his comfy spot!)

wow girl! you got a lot done! i'm glad you got your envelopes printing. invitations are such a pain in the butt!!!!!!!

question: when you went to kinkos, they offered to print your labels on a clear adhesive sheet? i need this for my thank you notes, do you know how much that was going to cost?

wow girl! you got a lot done! i'm glad you got your envelopes printing. invitations are such a pain in the butt!!!!!!!

question: when you went to kinkos, they offered to print your labels on a clear adhesive sheet? i need this for my thank you notes, do you know how much that was going to cost?

Yes the invitations were definitely a pain. I will be THRILLED when they are all out the door!

I actually didnt ask how much it would cost. My issue with it was that all the addresses would be on one sheet (or more) and then I'd have to cut them myself which is no good. I cant cut a straight line to save my life. He did say they could cut them but it would be an additional fee. I really thought there were actual clear labels and I'm kind of surprised that they dont have them! Maybe you should ask your kinkos if they have them.

Holey smokes!
You've been workin like crazy! Great job...
Love the embossing sticker.
I was thinking of doing that but since I'm not taking his last name I'm not sure what to emboss... hehe...
Wonderful! You are so getting there... :)

I love your PJ.....I can not wait to hear more about your wedding!

I always use the clear Avery labels for my christmas cards. I forgot the style number off hand but they are 3 across and maybe 12 or so down and they are precut. When you type the labels in word you just create your document using that style number and word formats it for you. I print these out on my home or work printer and they come out great.

If you think you might not be able to print them on your printer I am sure if you got the style number and created the document and gave that to Kinkos or Staples they could print them out for you. You can purchase the labels right there. They are precut and you just peel and stick.

Linda

Holey smokes!
I was thinking of doing that but since I'm not taking his last name I'm not sure what to emboss... hehe...

I feel like I'm at least making a dent in my list which is a great thing.

They had other images you could use on the embosser rather than an initial. Like wedding bells, flower maybe? Just a thought. I really love my embosser!

I love your PJ.....I can not wait to hear more about your wedding!

Thank you :) Don't worry I'll have a full TR after the wedding!

I always use the clear Avery labels for my christmas cards. I forgot the style number off hand but they are 3 across and maybe 12 or so down and they are precut. When you type the labels in word you just create your document using that style number and word formats it for you. I print these out on my home or work printer and they come out great.

If you think you might not be able to print them on your printer I am sure if you got the style number and created the document and gave that to Kinkos or Staples they could print them out for you. You can purchase the labels right there. They are precut and you just peel and stick.

Linda

I knew they existed! I'm still surprised Kinkos doesnt have them. Thanks for sharing that. It should help Caryn out!

Whoa you were really busy! Your invitation packet looks super cute, and your dog is absolutely adorable... you definitely deserve a break after getting all of that accomplished!

I can't believe you're two months out... time is flying (well, not for my ticker.. lol) and you must be getting so excited!

Whoa you were really busy! Your invitation packet looks super cute, and your dog is absolutely adorable... you definitely deserve a break after getting all of that accomplished!

I can't believe you're two months out... time is flying (well, not for my ticker.. lol) and you must be getting so excited!

Thanks! My puppy and I have been relaxing today after all the work yesterday ;) I did go shopping very briefly for something to wear to my shower and I did some baking but that's about it!

Don't worry.... you're ticker will fly once you get about 3 months out. For the longest time I felt like the wedding was so far away and now it's just around the corner! Yikes!

Holey smokes!

pirate: HIJACK alert :lmao: - you could emboss the initials of your first names. I think that would be great!

Back to Marcy's journal :cutie: - you did get a lot accomplished over the weekend. Way to go :woohoo: ! Your invitations look amazing - keep up the good work. And your puppy is too cute.

Hey Marcy,
Check your PM... :)

Thanks...now you check yours ;)

pirate: HIJACK alert :lmao: - you could emboss the initials of your first names. I think that would be great!

Back to Marcy's journal :cutie: - you did get a lot accomplished over the weekend. Way to go :woohoo: ! Your invitations look amazing - keep up the good work. And your puppy is too cute.

I think that she could definitely do the first initials. That would be great!

PS I dont mind hijacking ;) Thanks for the compliments!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter