*"M-I-C-K-E-Y KEL-LY STEPH-ANIE!!" Magical Memories, MNSSHP, and lots of surprises!*

When we booked our trip, we decided it wasn't worth the extra price of admission for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and we just going to skip it. But once the boys joined our planning party, they told us how amazing the parade is and how my Halloween loving self would adore the whole thing. Plus, with the help of a cast member friend, they could get us discounted tickets to MNSSHP. That solidified it for Kelly and I, while Mandy and Cassie were still hesitant. They decided instead to have dinner at Coral Reef while Kelly, Jordan, Jason, and I would attend MNSSHP on Friday night.

We didn't make the final decision on MNSSHP until the week before our trip, so we had NO costumes planned out. I normally keep most of my Halloween costumes from each year, but I had nothing in my wardrobe that would be Magic Kingdom appropriate, so I had my dad print up two Mouseketeer shirts for Kelly and I. We figured we'd just throw on some Mouse Ears and the Mouseketeer shirt and call it a day.

Jason and Jordan decided to wear last year's outfits and went as Poison frontman, Bret Michaels, and former Guns N' Roses guitarist, Slash.

We met up with our cast member friend, Q, at MK and then headed into the park with our "trick or treat" bags. We loved seeing everyone in costume! People are so creative. It made me wish we had more time to put together a costume.

After riding a few rides and standing in line for candy, we decided to stake out a good spot in Frontierland for the Boo To You parade.

DSCF1185.jpg

DSCF1184.jpg

waiting for the parade!

While Jason, Jordan, Kelly and I watched the parade, Q left to "take care of something". We weren't sure what he was up to, but were to distracted by the parade to really worry about it.

When he returned, we were shocked to see what he had in his hands: Four bags FILLED with candy. He handed each of us a bag and said "It's good to have friends in high places :)"

DSCF1181.jpg

SO. MUCH. CANDY.

After the parade, we headed over to Tomorrowland where we stumbled upon Club 626. We watched for a minute on the outskirts of the crowd, shook our groove thang briefly, and then headed to the TTA to rest before heading back to the hub for Hallowishes.

We caught the end of the Villians show as we were heading to the hub, and ran to get a picture with Dr. Facillier.
19caac44.jpg

After the fireworks, we decided to head back to our hotels and began to walk towards the exit. After emerging from the tunnel underneath the train station, Kelly and I heard someone shout our names. We searched the crowd and saw the Frontierland Band heading our way. They stopped in front of us, told us we aged better than any Mousketeer they'd ever seen, and then told us they had a song for us. This was definitely a Magic Moment for us. We felt totally special.
The Frontierland Band playing just for us

I'm a fellow 20-something without kids so I think your trip report is very interesting! Also, I love your hair!
I'm a big Harry Potter fan too and now I'm really missing that frozen butterbeer! It's the best.
I've heard great things about MNSSHP so I'm excited to hear more about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter