Lynx - public bus

Maleficent53

Have fun storming the castle...
Anyone ever used the Lynx from airport to WDW? There is a direct line to MK T&T area. I might fly in to meet up with friends, but will not be able to use ME bus service. Schedule says it takes about 1hr 10mins.....

Yes, it's a very easy route. You find the bus on the A Side of Level 1, which is the opposite side as Magical Express. The trip takes about 75 minutes. That particular route isn't usually that popular. It's very rare that someone would need to stand, though that isn't a big deal since you're getting on at the first stop. One thing that confuses people is that there are two 111 buses. One going in each direction.

The 111 bus going towards Orlando International Airport will Flash "Orlando International Airport" whereas the bus heading to Disney from the Airport doesn't say the Airport. It will just say something like Disney World and then Destination Parkway and Florida Mall. You can just ask the bus driver which way they're going, but don't be surprised if they confusingly tell you that it isn't the right bus.

For two bucks it's hard to go wrong. Running into weird/creepy people is pretty uncommon as Lynx makes you get off at the last stop and reboard. If you have a lot of luggage then it may not be a viable option though as you'll be handling it all yourself.

Not sure what you mean by "get off at the last stop and reboard....."

I wouldn't have luggage to transfer, just me.

And yes, the $2 cost is what is making me think of doing this.....cab fare is quoting at about $60.00! YIKES!

Not sure what you mean by "get off at the last stop and reboard....."

On a subway once you get past the turnstiles I guess you can ride around all day which attracts a certain kind of clientele. On this bus, like in my city, you have to get off at the end of the route so you can't ride around all day.

my husband rode it a year ago with our four-year-old and reported no problems

I don't know if this was the route he had to go but he took it to downtown disney and then got on a disney bus to the resort from there

On a subway once you get past the turnstiles I guess you can ride around all day which attracts a certain kind of clientele. On this bus, like in my city, you have to get off at the end of the route so you can't ride around all day.

Okay! Now I get it! Makes perfect sense now :thumbsup2

Yes, I think some people might have reservations about riding around with "bums." That's rarely a problem. The bus system is pretty decent. I ride the 111 in both directions four or five times a week and have never had much of a problem. Some of the drivers are crazy. The clientele is generally people that work at Disney or international visitors that can't rent cars.

The 111 is a good service - I have been using it now for about a month. Just a note there is not a lot of room on the bus for luggage - small or medium sized bags should be fine. Lots of tourists take the 111 as well as Disney cast members and others who work in the area.

I have a question about the Lynx bus from the airport. We have decided to stay offsite at the Seralago Hotel and Suites. If one wanted to take the Lynx from MCO to Seralago and back how would you do that? I am from a very small town where we just have one public bus and it operates much different from the Lynx. So I sort of need some help on how to read the schedule.:confused3

I see that one bus stops close to Serlago, I think #56 and it runs to MK so would we just take 111 from MCO to Disney Ticket Center and then catch 56 onto Serlago? Also, sorry if this sounds dumb but will the driver know where we are getting off at or do we have to tell him/her? Thanks in advance.

It does not hurt to tell the drive where you want to get off; that way it will help prevent missing your stop.

It does not hurt to tell the drive where you want to get off; that way it will help prevent missing your stop.

Though if this is like most city bus systems you are expected to know where you need to get off.

But I'm assuming the Lynx system is not like most systems, since it caries a lot more people that don't normally ride a bus.

Though if this is like most city bus systems you are expected to know where you need to get off.

But I'm assuming the Lynx system is not like most systems, since it caries a lot more people that don't normally ride a bus.

Unless you happen to catch the rotten apple driver, no need to sweat it at all. About 99% of the Lynx drivers I have encountered are of the type that not only are on the look out for the passengers on their own bus and making sure they get off at the right stop, then explaining how to transfer etc. if need be, but they actually are on the look out for passengers along the route that might look "lost". Many times have had them pull up, ask if they could help out, explain or even pick up some guests and drop them off elsewhere to make sure they would be OK, even if they were not ticketed to be on that bus.

I'm a powerchair user myself and travel solo most of the time. As such, I need the driver to get anywhere with those tie downs. ;) Literally apart from that rotten apple driver I could never even try to push the stop button, the driver would always beat me by stating "your stop is next, I know".

That one rotten apple? Dude not only missed my stop on the original route (and yes, asked him to stop and pushed the button) but made it worse. Offered to drop me of on the way back, would only add about 20 minutes but no need to walk back some and cross the highway. OK, fine by me. Sure enough, he pulls off the highway at a moment and starts to untie me. First time I took that route, but had been to my destination before so started doubting if this was the stop. Didn't seem right. No, driver was totally sure. Getting of the bus; can't be it. No, driver was sure, just a quarter of a mile back. Never should've trusted anyone other than my own gut instinct. Sure enough, he had no clue where he was! So he just dropped me off, apparently thinking it's better to drop someone of too early than later. Result? Had to drive over 3 miles to the bus stop that was my destination. Might happen, but it being 3 miles driving along the high way!!!!!!!!! did not particularly make me less angry. Filed a complaint with Lynx (combination of missing stop, ignoring my first time pushing stop button, not knowing his route, dropping someone of in that middle of nowhere knowing it is not right, as we would soon learn) and let's just say it was taken care of properly.

Personal opinion about Lynx and it's driver? Great system, VERY customer friendly and even more; VERY tourist friendly. One bad experience based on one poor driver is a real shame, but it was not respresentative of the general experience. Will be using them again this fall to get around to multiple destinations.

Disneygma; go to the Lynx website. There is a trip planner on there. All you need to fill out is the airport and the resort you want to go to and it will give you your options. Very clearly written down including how to walk if you need to walk a short distance to another busstop when connecting. It wil also explain how to get from where you get of the bus to the resort, even when it's as little as 4 steps. ;) If you want to, you can even print the map for that walking.

I have a question about the Lynx bus from the airport. We have decided to stay offsite at the Seralago Hotel and Suites. If one wanted to take the Lynx from MCO to Seralago and back how would you do that? I am from a very small town where we just have one public bus and it operates much different from the Lynx. So I sort of need some help on how to read the schedule.:confused3

I see that one bus stops close to Serlago, I think #56 and it runs to MK so would we just take 111 from MCO to Disney Ticket Center and then catch 56 onto Serlago? Also, sorry if this sounds dumb but will the driver know where we are getting off at or do we have to tell him/her? Thanks in advance.
Go to golynx.com
Use the interactive tools the site provides to determine your specific routing - route numbers, times, transfers/locations (including any walking between drop and board), I think even total costs.

What you are saying sounds very doable though I haven't done that transfer. Like the others have posted check the lynx.com website to see what they advise and the drivers are very helpful - they'll tell you what to do.

Something else that is helpful - go to google earth - find your hotel there - and bus stops are listed there through google maps - in other words you can see the actual bus stops/which buses go through the stop and it will give you the exact stop information (such and such drive and such and such) which is sometimes helpful when you are planning your route on lynx.com. Sometimes I don't know what to list as my final destination - but if I look up my stop on google earth and put it in exactly - it comes through. Also I just bought my recent bus pass at the tourist information center on International Drive and they were very helpful with some bus information.

Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter