Lynx from TTC to Seaworld

dmbouton75

Earning My Ears
Has anyone taken the Lynx bus from the TTC to Seaworld? I thought I read somewhere that it is quite a hike from the bus stop at Seaworld to the entrance gate. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Dawn princess:

The drop off point near SWF is at the corner of the parking lot. I'd say it's about a 10 minute walk. But considering how much money you're saving, well worth it. You may be able to catch a shuttle tram once inside the parking lot that will take you to the entrance.

If I wanted to get to Seaworld by Lynx from the Wilderness lodges what is the best way to do this? Should I take a cab to the TTC? and Is the walk from the bus stop at Seaworld dangerous with 5 year olds? I really would like to save my money for other things so any help with this would be appreciated.

Disneymagicfor4 said:
If I wanted to get to Seaworld by Lynx from the Wilderness lodges what is the best way to do this? Should I take a cab to the TTC? and Is the walk from the bus stop at Seaworld dangerous with 5 year olds? I really would like to save my money for other things so any help with this would be appreciated.
Well, you would want ot take bus #50. It costs all of $1.50 and runs from TTC to downtown Orlando every 20 to 30 minutes. When it drops you off at SW, you will need to walk across the parking lot to the entrance. It's the same walk you'd make if you had parked your car at the end of the lot. I'm not sure about a shuttle.
To catch the return bus, you'll need to cross the street at the parking lot exit dirveway. That's the only marked crosswalk that I know of. That street can be busy and I wouldn't trust the drivers to pay much attention to pedestrian traffic so just be careful there. The $3 round trip price is much better than a taxi that will cost you $50 for the same round trip to TTC.
BTW, I think that you can get a free Disney bus to the TTC from any Disney property, not sure though. You'll be able to save a bunch of cash :bounce:

I'm sure you can get a free disney bus to the TTC from wilderness lodge, and as above, it's just a number 50 bus. Be sure to have the right change though, as the meter doesn't give change.

By change...do you mean actual change? (can you tell I've never taken a public bus before? :rotfl2: ) I am already setting aside quarters for penny presses and resort laundry...so I need to set aside quarters for the TTC bus to Sea World? Thanks!

As far as I recall, the machines they use will take dollar bills ($1's only) plus two quarters etc

Okay! Thank you! That will be a lot easier than carrying around $12 in quarters for the day! Can I pay for us (2 adults, 2 children) all with $6 in ones....or does *each person have to pay exactly $1.50 and then the next person goes? I truly apologize for what probably seems like a very silly question!

Unfortunately, each person has to pay $1.50 just to make life awkward for family groups - no change, no refunds, $1.50 per ticket payable per person. If more than $1.50 is put in for one ticket, it just eats the rest (must be a very effective money-earner...)

We just came back from our trip and visited SW on Wed. We took the #50 bus from the TTC. It left 18 minutes after the hour and I believe that they run every 30 minutes. Coming back our bus arrived just before the hour. I had printed the bus times off the web page for Lynx but it was a little confusing to figure out. We are a family of 5 but our 5yr old rode free. The machine did take our 5 dollar bill for the 4 of us. It did not give change as others have said. We would definitely do it again since it saved money and was pretty painless. The buses are nice too! We had to wait awhile for the return trip though because we didn't time our exit with the bus time. The parking lot walk is not that bad but you do need to watch yourself. At opening it was empty so it was not a big deal. Crossing the street at the end of the park day was a little trickier.

Remember too that Sea World has a lot of shows going on all day and if you are going just once during your trip then to go early in order to maximize your time in the park. The bus takes a while so an early start is a good idea.

Have fun! :)

TTC is the ticket and transportation center on Disney property. It is located across the lagoon from Magic Kingdom. If you drive your own vehicle to MK, the parking lot tram will take you to the TTC, and then you will either take the monorail or ferry over to MK. You can also take the monorail to any of the MK resorts (Contemporary, Polynesian or Grand Floridian) from the TTC. And, as stated previously, you can catch the Lynx bus at the TTC. When we stayed offsite, our resort offered it's own shuttle bus, and it also used the TTC for drop-offs and pick-ups.

Does the bus only go from TTC or is there also a stop at Downtown Disney?

Need help?

Regards

Looking at an image from Google Earth Sea World and Discovery Cove are right next to each other, however still a good bit apart. However I am 99.9 percent certain that DC send a shuttle van to pick up guests in the Sea World parking lot. There is a phone there where the Mears shuttle drops off guests and from what I've read in the past you just pick up the phone and are connected directly to DC. Also regarding the walk to Sea World from the Linx #50 drop off point- there are quite a few other tourists who take the bus in the morning to Sea World with you, so when we did it we felt quite safe. We didn't think the walk was bad so hopefully your little ones will be excited and shouldn't mind to much :). Click here for the Linx website for more information.

I went to Orlando in August and used ONLY public transportation so I can tell you the following:

1. There is a free shuttle from Sea World to Discovery Cove. Head to the Green Canopy - there is a phone near it, if there is not already a DC bus waiting.

2. To get to Sea World from Disney, go to the TTC. Follow the signs. You want the 50 bus. It's about a 15-20 minute ride to Sea World, and costs $1.50 each way - you'll need the right change. There are two buses an hour - in August it was about 20 past and 20 to every hour.

3. The bus stop is not far from the entrance to Sea World - 2 minutes walk, max.

4. I would highly recommend using the Lynx buses. They are clean, efficient and cool. We arrived in Orlando with almost no knowledge of the system, planning on using hotel shuttles and the I-Ride trolley. We used the Lynx buses EVERY DAY. We were so impressed we took the bus back to MCO airport - cost us $45 to get to our hotel in a cab (with tip), and $3 to get back to the airport. I would definitely use the Lynx buses when going to/from the airport again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter