Lynx Bus transportation to DT Orlando

theresaruth

Mouseketeer
Hello...we are going down to Disney later this month...we are interested in seeing some sites outside of the Disney World, we would like to travel via the Lynx bus system from the TTC. Has anyone travelled on any of the Lynx bus routes, if so where did you go. I am from NYC and have been down to Orlando many times by have never ventured off to see what the real Orlando (Orange CountY, Winter Park or other sites of interest) looks and feels like. I recently saw a segment of Samatha Brown's Passport to great weekends-Orlando and would like to visit a couple of the places noted...wine tasting, Johnson's cafe...let me know if anyone has done a sighting seeing venture to anywhere off the Disney/Universal path. :cheer2:

Lynx route 50 goes to downtown Orlando from the TTC via DTD and Sea World. At the bus station downtown (called Lynx Central Station) you can connect to other routes including Winter Park. Besides downtown Orlando and downtown Winter Park, not really sure where someone from out of town would want to go.

Be sure to study the maps and schedules at www.golynx.com. There are other routes too from Disney and no matter where they originate on Disney property, they stop and connections can be made at the DTD "super stop". So DTD may also be a better beginning point rather than the TTC if you're staying at SSR. Night time service is greatly reduced so the key to any day away is an early start and an early return.

Unless you can't drive, I'd highly recommend a 1-day car rental so that you can explore as much as you want yet come and go as you please rather than depend on bus schedules. But it is indeed possible to get places on the bus.

BobK/Orlando

thank you for the information, unfortunately we don't want to have to rent a car but do what to see other parts of Orlando. I have contacted customer service at Lynx and received information regarding transferring to various bus lines. Ww want ant to see downtown Orlando just for the view of it and walk around Winter Park. Thanks for your input.

You'll enjoy Park Avenue in downtown Winter Park; very quaint with lots of little shops and restaurants.

Downtown Orlando is a different matter. It's banks, court house and lawyer offices with some restaurants but few actual stores. Downtown's claim to fame are the dozens of bars and night clubs that come alive after 9pm.

Enjoy!

BobK/Orlando

thank you for the information, unfortunately we don't want to have to rent a car but do what to see other parts of Orlando. I have contacted customer service at Lynx and received information regarding transferring to various bus lines. Ww want ant to see downtown Orlando just for the view of it and walk around Winter Park. Thanks for your input.

Keep in mind that Winter Park is some distance from DT Orlando and not walkable to get there...unless you have a day or 2.

In other words, walking to Winter Park from DT Orlando is just not practival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter