• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lynn & Tim TR Oct 1-8.UPDATE 4/3 UPDATED. COMPLETE

Lynn - I'm so excited for you. When you go to WOD make sure you go around 12ish. They have meet and greet's with the characters on the top floor. I meet Minnie and Goofy in their halloween costumes. We just went to the city for the day and me and DH can't wait to go for an overnight trip without the kids. Of course I want to take the kids with us too, but my DD is still too little for that. We took the train in and that was fun, just the two of us all day, it was nice because we went on our anniversary. Of course I didn't really plan a nice lunch for us. We ended up eating at Planet Hollywood in Times Square. I felt funny paying a lot of money for lunch but my DH told me to pick anywhere but I just didn't research it like I should have, there's always next time right. Have a lot of fun.

Hope you have a fab weekend!

I absolutely love the picture of you as Darla, just brilliant :rotfl2:

We've never been to MNSSHP or MVMCP but hopefully we will go at Christmas. OH is not keen but I would love to go so I'll have to blackmail him. Well, considering I'll be buying the tickets not him that should be enough i reckon.

Good luck with the career change hun, I'm sure you'll be great.

You're not going to be around SBP on 9th December by any chance are you? I would bump into you if you were. Easy to spot me that day - just look for the white dress :thumbsup2

I wish we were going to NYC this weekend! DD would LOVE to see the Little Mermaid. Me too! :cheer2: Room looks awesome and the cupcake...Yum! I'll take 5! One for each of us. :goodvibes Have a fun safe trip!

I just saw the Little Mermaid last night and it was great! You're gonna love it! oooo good choice- I loveee Crumbs, their cupcakes are amazing. I espcially like the Hostess :) have fun this weekend!

Oh you'll have an awesome time. :)

Yeah I'm sure we will.

Lynn have a fantastic time in NYC this weekend! I can't wait to hear all about it! I have heard mixed reviews on Little Mermaid so I can't wait to hear your take on it!

Thank you Laura. I hear nothing but great reviews. I'm sure I will love it.

Hi! Hope you have a great time! I would definetly go with the black pants! It's been cold here in MD so I'm sure it's freezing up there! I went to the Marine Corps Ball in Nov. and got to wear a gown! It is definetly a lot of fun! You should throw yourself a ball just for fun! :rotfl: I would totally come! Have Fun!

Ok so what I got was a pair of black tights (thick pair)..a pretty cami and cardigan and a cute pair of flats.

HAHA we should throw a DIS ball LMAO.

Lynn - I'm so excited for you. When you go to WOD make sure you go around 12ish. They have meet and greet's with the characters on the top floor. I meet Minnie and Goofy in their halloween costumes. We just went to the city for the day and me and DH can't wait to go for an overnight trip without the kids. Of course I want to take the kids with us too, but my DD is still too little for that. We took the train in and that was fun, just the two of us all day, it was nice because we went on our anniversary. Of course I didn't really plan a nice lunch for us. We ended up eating at Planet Hollywood in Times Square. I felt funny paying a lot of money for lunch but my DH told me to pick anywhere but I just didn't research it like I should have, there's always next time right. Have a lot of fun.

If we get there by 12 then I will definitely have to do the meet and greet lol.

Aww sounds like you two had a great time! We will have fun!! Thank you!

Hope you have a fab weekend!

I absolutely love the picture of you as Darla, just brilliant :rotfl2:

We've never been to MNSSHP or MVMCP but hopefully we will go at Christmas. OH is not keen but I would love to go so I'll have to blackmail him. Well, considering I'll be buying the tickets not him that should be enough i reckon.

Good luck with the career change hun, I'm sure you'll be great.

You're not going to be around SBP on 9th December by any chance are you? I would bump into you if you were. Easy to spot me that day - just look for the white dress :thumbsup2

Hey! Thank you!

Oh you have to go to MVMCP.

Yes I am very happy to go to school so thank you!

No I wish I was going to be there.. I totally would have said hello. I'll be there in Jan for the half marathon, I'm going to run it:cheer2:

I wish we were going to NYC this weekend! DD would LOVE to see the Little Mermaid. Me too! :cheer2: Room looks awesome and the cupcake...Yum! I'll take 5! One for each of us. :goodvibes Have a fun safe trip!

Thank you very much!

I just saw the Little Mermaid last night and it was great! You're gonna love it! oooo good choice- I loveee Crumbs, their cupcakes are amazing. I espcially like the Hostess :) have fun this weekend!

Aww YAY glad you loved it!!! I can not wait to hit Crumbs up lol!!!

Thank you!

Lynn, been lurking and enjoyng your trip report. DW and I were at WDW most of the same days in Oct.

This is the Artie Lange cupcake lol. I love Artie.

Were you tempted to eat three or four of these at one time and pass out, like Artie?

Hey Lynn,
I know you had a great time in NYC, but I still can't wait to hear all about it. I hope you took lots of pictures. More importantly....what flavor of cupcake did you pick?

Lynn, been lurking and enjoyng your trip report. DW and I were at WDW most of the same days in Oct.

Were you tempted to eat three or four of these at one time and pass out, like Artie?

Aww were you? That's cool!

I never made it to Crumbs:sad1: , well I did, they were just closed on Sunday!

Hey Lynn,
I know you had a great time in NYC, but I still can't wait to hear all about it. I hope you took lots of pictures. More importantly....what flavor of cupcake did you pick?

We did have a good time... Crumbs was closed when we went :sad1:

Can't wait to hear all about NYC. Hope you had a great time!

Hi! Thank you!

Hi Lynn!!:wave2:
How was NYC? Hope you had a wonderful time and the was great!!!:thumbsup2 Looking forward to hearing all about it!!

Have a good day!
Kristen:flower3:

Hey there...how was NYC? Did you enjoy the play? Can't wait to hear all about it :)

Can't wait to hear about NYC/The Little Mermaid, and see some pics. Also, very excited to read about the rest of your Oct trip, incl more pics of MNSSHP!!!!! Hope you'll have time to post soon! No pressure!!! :rotfl:

Hi Lynn!!:wave2:
How was NYC? Hope you had a wonderful time and the was great!!!:thumbsup2 Looking forward to hearing all about it!!

Have a good day!
Kristen:flower3:

Hey!! We did have a great time. I'm going to post about it now. Thank you!

Hey there...how was NYC? Did you enjoy the play? Can't wait to hear all about it :)

Yes I did!!! Thank you!

Can't wait to hear about NYC/The Little Mermaid, and see some pics. Also, very excited to read about the rest of your Oct trip, incl more pics of MNSSHP!!!!! Hope you'll have time to post soon! No pressure!!! :rotfl:

HAHA going to post now!!
Thank you!
loving your trip report!!! I also loved your wedding/honeymoon trip report.

Aww thank you very much.

Last weekend was so much fun! Let me just tell you how amazing the show was. OMG I loved it. My favorite part is when Ariel is transformed into a human and how they show her going up to land. It is just like the movie and OMG I loved how they interpreted it! I also loved the part with the chef..sooo funny.

Under the Sea was amazing..all the songs were amazing. Ursula was amazing, Ariel was just the whole thing amazing!! The costumes and all the detailing is awesome!!!

Next we are going to see the Lion King. Can't wait.

That day we made it to the train station around 11...we got on the riverline at 11:19 and made it to trenton at 11:52...got on the 12:04 train to NYC and got there at around 1:45 ish.

When we got on the train to NYC.
DSC02916.jpg

We got on a newer train..we sat at the top lol. The train ride was nice.. I hate when you have to go through the tunnel though, it's not that long just freaks me out.

When we got there we were hungry so we ate at Penn Station. I said to Tim "want some pizza?" He says " Look there is a pizza hut." HUH????? Tim we are in NYC and you want Pizza hut...OH NO NO NO LOL. We are going to get some real pizza. So we found a little pizza joint. YUMMY! I had a white piece of pizza with tomatoes. It was good. Tim had a piece with meatballs.

After lunch we started walking to the hotel. man was it cold. Penn Station is on 7th and 32 I think.. anyway we had to get up to 53rd st to our hotel. We walked..it was freezing and we like froze to death lol. Not that long of a walk though.

Here is what we passed along the way.

Macys
DSC02917.jpg

Here is MTV in Times square
DSC02918.jpg

Toys R Us (look Toni I took a pic of AC for you lol)
DSC02919.jpg

Times square pic
DSC02920.jpg

Broadway
DSC02921.jpg

I have no idea what was going on..some people playing music and walking around holding a chinese dragon
DSC02922.jpg

YUMMY M&Ms store.
DSC02923.jpg

Hersheys Store
DSC02924.jpg

The late show
DSC02926.jpg

And finally our hotel.
DSC02927.jpg

We got there at 2:45 and our room was ready. They were very nice at check in... I said to Tim "This is so weird not checking into a Disney Hotel." It was! Did not feel right. I have to tell you all I could never vacation anywhere else. I would be bored out of my mind.

Here we are going up to our room. We were floor 32...OMG those elevators are like going on a ride lol. You like fly up and your ears pop. It is insane. Tim's face describes the feeling lol.
DSC02928.jpg

WOO HOO we had room 3213... love the number 13!!!
DSC02929.jpg

Here is our boring room...no theme, boring, take me to Disney please. lol.
DSC02932.jpg

They had cute toiletries
DSC02933.jpg

Here is the TV.. I turned it on and there was no Stacie... I got these dorks instead.
DSC02934.jpg

CONT..

A NYC update!! Woohoo!!! :cool1: Glad you had a great time and the show was awesome!!! You're too funny about checking in and feeling weird not checking into a Disney hotel! I'm right there with you, I feel the same way!!:rotfl: And guess what? My fav # is 13!! I was born on the 13th so I feel it's my lucky number!!:thumbsup2 Can't wait to hear more.....

CONT...
Here was our lovely view lol. Can you clean the windows LOL.
DSC02936.jpg

WOO HOO I like the Ugg ad.... my uggs came in handy on this trip.
DSC02937.jpg

I'm instantly bored to death so I say to Tim " Let's go to WOD store please."

I unpacked and we were off. Tim wanted a Hot dog so he got one.. here is is annoyed at me taking a pic lol.
DSC02939.jpg

YAY DISNEY lol!!!
DSC02940.jpg

Look how cute the windows were.
DSC02941.jpg

Here was the special they were running.
DSC02942.jpg

The pin madness lol
DSC02943.jpg

We were there for about an hour... I bought one of the cute NYC DIsney Bear. The one I bought was black and has an I love NY shirt on. So cute. I'm starting to collect those bears. I have a Christmas one from NY..every time I go I want to pick a new one up. I also bought some pins, a pirate mickey antenna bobber, a cd, my chip and dale pretzels I love them, and a Little mermaid on broadway tee.

Tim bought some pins.

After that we started to head towards crumbs. On the Website it said open on broadway in Jan so we get there on the way to dinner and it is not open yet. Oh well I figured I could get them on Sunday before we left.

On the way to dinner we passed the theater. So pretty.
DSC02944.jpg

BRR we were freezing
DSC02946.jpg

We got to the restaurant and it was restaurant week so they had a special...you could choose 1 out of 3 apps, 3 entrees and 3 desserts for $35 a person. Not bad so we did that.

DSC02950.jpg

I ordered a lemonade and this is what they gave me... it was good. The waiter like made a cocktail out of it. I forget what was in it but it was sooo good.
DSC02951.jpg

For an app Tim got some gumbo and I got the sliders. They were good. I had 1 and Tim had the rest.
DSC02952.jpg

My entree was steak and potatoes. Good not bad. I only had like a fourth of the meat..it was huge
DSC02954.jpg

Tim had shrimp creole. He liked it
DSC02955.jpg

Tim had the apple cheesecake for dessert and I had the brownie. Both were good.
DSC02956.jpg

DSC02957.jpg

We were done dinner at like 6 so we headed back out into the cold...it was too early to go to the theater so we went to some stores to kill time...

CONT..

Sounds like you had a great time. I can't believe Tim thought you could just go to Pizza Hut. lol That World of Disney store looks great. You sound like me. I don't want to vacation any where else. So had you been to NYC before? You all seem to be doing really well getting around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter