Lymph node biopsy.

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
We hate the waiting! Has anyone here had one? DH had surgery 2 days ago, and they took out 5 lymph nodes to biopsy. Now starts what they said was 10-14 days to wait. Help!

Waiting is very hard. Sending pixiedust: your way.

I had a sentinel node biopsy probably 10 years ago. Yes, I was scared going into the thing. Mostly because of the procedure rather than a real concern about the diagnosis, which I was pretty sure of. It was my first (and thus far only) surgery outside of a tonsillectomy when I was 5. :worried:

The surgeon gave us his impression as soon as I was out of the anesthetic in the recovery room, telling us it looked normal but that the lab had to weigh in. I don't recall actually how long it took for lab results. I suspect that depends on what condition they suspect and the extent of lab tests needed. Mine was a relatively benign issue that hasn't hampered me at all.

Sending a little hope and encouragement --- along with Pixie Dust!

I had a biopsy for what was thought to be thyroid cancer. I had no idea what the test would be like, and well -- I went by myself. 5 awful sticks to the throat later (while I was awake) I had myself a biopsy! Problem is, I had to wait one week for them to tell me that the results came back inconclusive and that they could not determine if the tissue was cancerous (I later came to find out that basically meant they did not get deep enough into the mass and did not get enough "mass" tissue) ....

Well, it turns out that my surgeon encouraged me to go ahead with a exploratory surgery whereas they removed 1/2 the thyroid and tested that == which, they found WAS in fact cancerous and while I was still asleep, they removed the whole thing.

I have had a biopsy after that, which I had a friend go with me. I think the waiting is the worst part but on the 2nd biopsy, I got a call after 2 days and did not have to wait the whole week i had to wait the first time.

I want you to be strong, and hopeful and trust God!

I have, and the waiting is the worst part... It feels like months..

thinking of you both and praying :grouphug:

Thanks-we're fortunately no longer waiting. DH had his post-surgical follow-up. Everything's fine and all he has is check-ups now. Yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter