• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Luxury Halloween - (5th - 9th Oct) - Trip report

Day 3 Friday 7th October.

Only DS and I made it out to extra magic hours this morning. It was a nice day but a bit chilly, I thought the park may be busy but it was really quiet. Some new Halloween decorations had appeared on the castle and at the start of fantasyland for the party.

IMG_3235.jpg

We ended up on Dumbo 3 times, Peter pan twice and teacups twice. Noticed by the end of that Dumbo had a bit of a line. We were hungry so decided to head back for breakfast.

We met Pluto and chip and Dale at breakfast, neither of which had been in inventions the night before ( which I now realise I forgot to write about, apologies, will go back to this).:confused:

IMG_3264.jpg

More later....

Loving reading the trip report, so glad you complained about the room, I think that's a bit cheeky for the castle club prices!

Won't be long before you're back again :lmao:

Apologies for forgetting this bit:confused:

Back to day 2, Thursday 6th october - contd

First I should say I really do like inventions but since we had decided to do Sunday brunch there we were hoping to do cafe mickey on the thursday night but it was full.

Our reservation was for 7pm. We were seated through in the back room, just as we went in Goofy was leaving, unfortunate. Now maybe it is just me but when we were there both times before there were plenty characters, maybe 1 every 5 to 10 minutes. Not this night. I am not completely crazy i checked my camera times for this, just in case you have a vision of me with my stopwatch and notebook;)

20 minutes then Tigger appeared, another 20 minutes and Suzy (DS not really familiar with Cinderella so not impressed), 25 minutes then Minnie, 15 minutes then Mickey,25 minutes then Perla and then at last after another 20 minutes DS favourite Goofy! So 2 hours and 5 minutes for 5 characters, I think that's the worst for any character dining we have one. Only lasted so long because I let DS play on my iPad. The food was good as always but that's inventions off my list for our next trip. There was loads of kids looking bored! Its not like the park was open so where were all the characters?

IMG_3223.jpg

You will all by now be thinking I am real moaner :laughing:

Just catching up with this. How lovely to be at the Castle Club - afternoon tea sounds lovely.

I agree that Jack is a great CM - my ds was really taken with him last year.

A bit of a long meal in Inventions for only 5 characters!! I wonder what happened there :confused3

Your ds looks great in his costume :thumbsup2

Looking forward to more :goodvibes

Our reservation was for 7pm. We were seated through in the back room, just as we went in Goofy was leaving, unfortunate. Now maybe it is just me but when we were there both times before there were plenty characters, maybe 1 every 5 to 10 minutes. Not this night. I am not completely crazy i checked my camera times for this, just in case you have a vision of me with my stopwatch and notebook;)

20 minutes then Tigger appeared, another 20 minutes and Suzy (DS not really familiar with Cinderella so not impressed), 25 minutes then Minnie, 15 minutes then Mickey,25 minutes then Perla and then at last after another 20 minutes DS favourite Goofy! So 2 hours and 5 minutes for 5 characters, I think that's the worst for any character dining we have one. Only lasted so long because I let joe play on my iPad. The food was good as always but that's inventions off my list for our next trip. There was loads of kids looking bored! Its not like the park was open so where were all the characters?

We had a similar experience at Cafe Mickey on Thursday night - we were there for easily an hour and a half and saw Hook, Tigger and Eeyore - that was it!! Normally at Cafe Mickey we see load so was a bit disappointed with that!Like you say - the food is good but for placed like Cafe Mickey and Inventions, its all about the characters really isnt it?!

I have to agree with you about Jack tho - without a doubt one of the best characters we've ever seen!! Got home last night and felt like I had to watch Nightmare before Xmas!

You're not a moaner, I'm a moaner lol totally slated Inventions after our visit last year. We had much the same experience and the characters that were out were just really boring. Am looking forward to hearing about Sunday Brunch though we're definitely giving it another chance for that :goodvibes

Princess jayne, sorry to hear you had the same experience at cafe mickey, you wonder if it's the luck of the draw or if they have cut staff...:confused3

Yes the food is nice, but inventions especially is not cheap and you go to the places more for the character interaction than the food.....

I was thinking of cafe mickey next time......

Day 3 - Friday 7th October.

After breakfast we noticed that Pinochio was down stairs doing photos. I have to say that the photographer in the DLH was great, I saw him quite a lot directing the characters, especially with the kids that were a bit wary of the characters.

We headed out to the studios, again I was expecting the park to be really busy but it was fine. Took a lot of persuading to DS that we were just going to do some rides today as he loves the shows here ( planned to keep them for the weekend.)

Headed to cars, shocked it was just 10 minutes, if even that. We all love this ride.

IMG_3276.jpg

Headed into toy story play land. Parachutes was showing 30 minutes, which I thought would only get worse over the weekend so DH, mil and DS joined the line, ( I am a feardy on this ride, can't cope with this kind of thing since being scared silly on fear fall in universal studios years ago and yes I know toddlers can do this..... Give me the tower of terror any day).

IMG_3283.jpg

Slinky dog said 10 minutes but by the time we walked up the line, we were in the next batch on.

DH then decided to go on RC racer alone, no one brave enough to join him. He joined the single riders line, it took about 5 - 10 minutes, main line was 25 minutes so beneficial. He said it was really good.

Another shot on cars on way out, this time it was 5 minutes, quiet I think because the parade was on.

Headed back into the main park for our late lunch at Agrabah. Found the set up of paying for food and choosing drinks at the till a bit odd.

There was a lovely selection of food, mainly cold starters, chick peas, beetroot, mixed salads, there was also chicken skewers which DS really liked. Main courses were tasty, moussaka, kebab meat, really nice spicy fish, sausages, meatballs and couscous. Mil thought some of the casserole things looked a bit oily but they all tasted good. DS loved the sausages and the fish.

Puddings all looked nice, DS chose some spicy biscuits and had a bit of my crepe with chocolate sauce. DH and mil had some coconut pie which they both said lovely.

The setting was nice and it wasnt to expensive for what it was, especially with the shareholders discount. It was quiet but then we were late with a 2 pm booking. Would go there again.

IMG_3295.jpg

DS was desperate for another shot on thunder mountain, not really the best idea on a full tummy....

Tired and grumpy after that we put him in his buggy, we only ever use this at dlp now, and he quickly fell asleep. We headed back to the hotel and all had a wee nap before the party.

What time you could enter the park for mnsshp was a bit confusing, I asked 2 cast members who advised we should not come back before 8pm, but on the leaflet it said you could do pre entry from 5. Decided we would go in about 7 and go for a swim, unfortunately the pool was closed for some maintenance, not much use so we went to the castle club lounge for hot chocolate before getting ready.

Next up MNSSHP.

Princess jayne, sorry to hear you had the same experience at cafe mickey, you wonder if it's the luck of the draw or if they have cut staff...:confused3

Yes the food is nice, but inventions especially is not cheap and you go to the places more for the character interaction than the food.....

I was thinking of cafe mickey next time......

Wendy x

On the whole I'd totally recommend Cafe Mickey, its just that one time! Normally when we've been, theres been loads of characters and we've not been able to eat properly before the next came around and when we walked past at other times, theres always been loads - i'm guessing it was just the luck of the draw!

Cant wait to hear about your MNSSHP - we went friday just gone and had a fantastic time!

Day 3 Friday 7th October - contd - MNSSHP

All dressed up, well DS was, we headed down in the magic lift. Straight through the turnstiles and given wristbands on the other side. It was just starting to get dark and the park looked lovely.

IMG_3306.jpg

DS spotted the light and smoke effects at the entrance to frontier land so off we heading. You could hardly see going through, the sherrif of Nottingham was hiding jumping out on people, not us thankfully or DS would have been running back to the hotel. All the villains were on the other side and it was pretty quiet so you could meet whoever you wanted.

DS wasn't too sure with the villains, he was concerned malificent was going to turn into a dragon at any minute, she was lovely and assured him that she wouldn't turn into a dragon until after he was in bed....

We then headed to thunder mountain again.... It is so good in the dark, there was no wait and Joe was then eager to head to phantom manner. As we headed back the meet and greets were a bit busier but still ok.

We saw chip and Dale dressed up as ghosts

IMG_3313.jpg

The character interaction was good but there was no real order to the line waiting and the characters were picking out those whose costumes they liked best, they were having fun....

Luckily this worked well for us with jack skellington, he was the busiest character and went for a wee dance about while we were watching him. He spotted DS dressed up as a pumpkin and came to speak to him about his costume, DS was chuffed especially when he admired his low in the dark skeleton gloves (joes favourite Halloween purchase).

IMG_3315.jpg

It was great because as soon a there is any crowd round a character DS gets a bit freaked out.

Phantom manor was great, then back past the villains.

IMG_3328.jpg

We then headed up to fantasy land, which was obviously where all the people were. We had a shot on snow White, Pinochio and teacups, all pretty much walk on.

DSCF0891.jpg

Dumbo looked busier, but probably 15 minutes max. We then headed over to watch the Huey, luey and Dewey show. It was quite busy but you could still see fine, although overall the party wasn't really that busy so trying to see it on a busy night might be a problem. It was good, very entertaining for the kids and we enjoyed it as well.

After that we headed to Caseys for hotdog and chips. It was good to get inside for a bit as it was chilly. Shock horror after that back for another go on thunder mountain (definitely joes new favourite ride). We then headed to pirates for our last ride of the night, about 10.45pm. This part of the park was empty an we say genie and Jafar on our way.

Pirates was really quiet and we ended up in the front row, didn't like that and we all got wet bums........

Headed back to watch the final show at 11.15, it was ok, I like the dr facilier and malificent one better but it was good enough.

We were all shattered so a short walk back to DLH and straight up in the magic lift, felt worth every penny at that point.:worship:

Tinkerbell had been in the room again and left chocolates and a mickey as a Ghosty pin!!

Thought overall the party was good, they could have made a bit more of it though and what a lost sales opportunity for them not having the odd cart dotted with Halloween merchandise. Oh and if I ever see another bag of haribo crocodile sweets.........

you have totally sold the halloween party to me i really want to go now :) x

Love how the park lights look orange in the 1st picture!

A practical nightmare, but would be great for atmosphere if they could actually do that for Halloween.

Thunder Mountain in the dark :goodvibes

Thanks Tinks.

We really enjoyed it, I know some people think Halloween at dlp wasntas good this year but it was our first time so didn't know any different.

Thanks Mark. Thunder mountain in the dark is the best.....

It sounds great! We can't wait to try Big Thunder Mt in the dark. We haven't been to DLP at this time of year before so it will be a new experience for us.
Really enjoyed reading about your trip, thank you for taking the time to post.:goodvibes

Really enjoying this :goodvibes love the photos especially the ones with Jack and Chip n Dale. :thumbsup2

I can't believe the first room you were given was a Castle Club room. Obviously not all rooms can have a wonderful view but I'd have been equally as disappointed if I'd been given that room when paying Castle Club prices.

Great photos! :goodvibes I love the ones of Main Street - the lights do look Halloweeny orange!!

Your little man is such a sweetie!

I couldn't wait to get off parachute drop - not a ride for me! :eek:

love the TR its great loved looking at all the pictures an learning bout DLP its great to see how other disney parks around the world compare to WDW. think its great you included so many pics glad u had a good time an again have a fabby xmas trip to DLP next week :)
xXx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter