• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Luxury Halloween - (5th - 9th Oct) - Trip report

wmoon

DIS Veteran
Hi

Cast

Me, DH, DS age 4 and Mother-in-Law. We stayed at the Castle Club in the Disneyland Hotel. It was our first Halloween trip.

(Wednesday 5th October)

We didnt land at CDG until 4.40pm and were picked up by Ezyshuttle at 5pm. The traffic was a nightmare so any slight hope I had of getting into the park that night was soon gone. Arrived at DLH just before 6 and advised the guy taking the luggage that we were staying at the castle club and we were whisked up to the 2nd floor and into the magic lift.

check in was really pleasant, DS was given an autograph book and pen and the lady measured him and told him all the rides he could go on. We knew all this but DS was loving being made a fuss off. We were given 3 room keys and 2 easy passes in case we were doing this seperately.

we were then shown the castle club lounge, then taken to our room. this is where my illusion of the castle club was shattered. the room was on the 3rd floor and this was the view....

IMG_3133.jpg

I felt the room was smaller than the normal DLH room we stayed in previously and for what we paid for the castle club the view was shocking. I was sure I was told when we booked over the phone that you would get a view of Fantasia gardens and a balcony. I mentioned this and said I was less than happy (I hate complaining about anything and normally just stew about things later). Anyway the lady was very nice said she understood my point although you could only have a park view or an 'other view' and this and fantasia gardens were classed as other.

She went off to check and they gave us a room on the 4th floor, she was very nice as i kept apologising for the trouble....

Exactly what I expected with a great view

IMG_3135.jpg

We got ourselves organised and headed up to the village.

More to follow...

I had no idea Castle Club rooms could be so awful! That view was far worse than the views we have ever had from a regular room. We are due at the Castle Club in 2 weeks and have requested a park view, hope we don't end up with the first one you had!
Looking forward to the rest of your report.

Subscribing popcorn::

How sweet that they measured your DS - bet that made him feel really special (instead of just getting turned away by a CM at a ride entrance!)

Morveryn

Sure if you paid extra for a park view you will be fine. I wouldnt have thought there would be castle club rooms like that either.

Everything else about the castle club was fab though....

Wednesday 5th Oct continued.

Now that we were happy with our room we headed up to the village for dinner. First thing DS saw was the funny pumpkin heads outside the shops, he is obsessed with halloween.

IMG_3138.jpg

Headed for the rainforrest cafe, another of DS's favourites. We only had to wait about 10 minutes for a table and we were seated beside the elephants. DH and MIL had Hawian burgers and DS and I shared the Fajitas, service was good and food was tasty. Didn't work out all that expensive with our shareholders discount.

Once finished we went across the road for a bit of shopping, there was a wee drop halloween stuff but I thought there would have been more. DS got a stitch with a pumpkin head, I got a halloween hair clip and we bought MIL a halloween candle holder. When I was paying I spotted a Mickey dressed as a skeleton behind the counter so I got that as a surprise for DS for later.

We headed back to the DLH, stopping for a few photos....

DSCF0805.jpg

Then into the magic lift and up to the lounge for a hot chocolate before bedtime, its so lovely sitting in there overlooking the castle and the staff are all really nice.

managed to place the Mickey on DS's bed without him seeing and told him tinkerbell had left it there, he was so excited.

IMG_3152.jpg

Hope this trip review is ok, its my first.....;)

Wow to the view of your second room :0 I would love that did you stay on the balcony and get some one to go take a picture of you waving down at them?

Love the tinkerbell surprise how cute :D

Your little chap looks delighted with his Mickey!

Well done for asking for another room and not stewing about it. Can't wait for more of your TR!

loving your TR so far! :goodvibes what a great surprise for Joe with the skeleton mickey :lovestruc

Day 2 - Thursday 6th October

Managed to get up early and after another shot in the magic lift we were in the park by about 8.20am, good for us!

We managed to catch the old fashioned bus up to the castle, with a view to heading straight for Dumbo, DS sulking a bit as wanted to start with Buzz.

Fantasyland was really quiet, we pretty much walked on Dumbo, Teacups and Peter Pen. Then had a wee shot trying to pull the sword from the stone, did worry when DS pulled so hard it wobbled....

DSCF0811.jpg

We then headed round to Buzz for the obligitary shot, we all did it then while MIL and I wandered the shop, DS went back on with DS, pretty much no wait. By the time they came back it had started raining and the Buzz shop was heaving. Put on raincoats, actually organised for once, and caught the horse drawn tram back down to head for breakfast.

the castle club lounge was lovely and quiet and we all enjoyed breakfast and Donald Duck came to visit our table.

IMG_3173.jpg

Day 2 Thursday 6th Oct - contd

After breakfast we noticed that Mickey and Minnie were out for photos at the fireplace downstairs so we went down to meet them, there was only about 4 people in front of us.

We then headed upstairs and DS asked to dress up, I was shocked... I have taken this costume with me on our last 3 trips and he has never wanted to dress up.

IMG_3175.jpg

And yes we did the waving from the balcony shots

DSCF0830.jpg

About a dozen French Teenies went past and were waving and oohing at DS costume so he spent a while preening after that.

Thought since dressed as an Alien we should head to discoveryland, went on Star Tours, another favourite, less than 10 minutes to wait. Although DS insisted on getting plenty photos on way, CMs were brill as well making a real fuss of him being dressed up and we got put in the front row.

IMG_3180.jpg

When we came out Chewbacca was out for photos, this caused great excitement as he has just started watching the Star Wars films, we are star wars geeks as well.

IMG_3183.jpg

Then headed round to Buzz, we used our fast passes but the wait wasn't bad anyway

IMG_3192.jpg

We then headed round to Fronteirland to see if it was done up for Halloween, it wasn't but Jack was there. I have to say he was the best character I have ever met, Ds had a soft toy Jack and he spent ages talking to Joe about it. DS thinks the film is really scary but loves Jack. The band were there and Jack was conducting.

IMG_3210.jpg

I am loving this! I can't believe u met jack skeleton! Am super jealous I didn't no u could as never seen him before! I love the film!:love: Is he just about at Halloween time then?
Can't wait to read more. Xx xx

Belle

I think jack is only out for Halloween. We met him twice and both times he was great, but obviously it was 2 different cm's, you could tell by the voice. The first one was amazing, he had the voice spot on, the walk and he even had a spooky autograph.

I can't believe Chewbacca was there! I had no idea any Star Wars characters were at DLP.

This is making my upcoming trip more exciting!

We then headed round to Fronteirland to see if it was done up for Halloween, it wasn't but Jack was there. I have to say he was the best character I have ever met, Joe had a soft toy Jack and he spent ages talking to Joe about it. Joe thinks the film is really scary but loves Jack. The band were there and Jack was conducting them.

We met Jack and Sally in 2008 and I completely agree with you on the interaction with them, they're amazing! Looks like you had a great time :goodvibes

Love the picture of the two of you stood on the balcony, your sons outfit is awsome.
The CM's were by far the best we have ever encountered at DLRP this year

Belle

I think jack is only out for Halloween. We met him twice and both times he was great, but obviously it was 2 different cm's, you could tell by the voice. The first one was amazing, he had the voice spot on, the walk and he even had a spooky autograph.

i def need to book a halloween trip then!! hummmmm i wonder if i can fit 3 dlp trips in next year? lol :goodvibes

i def need to book a halloween trip then!! hummmmm i wonder if i can fit 3 dlp trips in next year? lol :goodvibes

Sure you can..... I am the worlds worst, trying to cram in as many trips as poss before DS starts school next year.

Just booked a Xmas trip on the voyage prive website - got a really good deal!:yay:

Wendy x

Day 2 Thursday 6th Oct - contd

We had a great shot on Phantom Manor, again hardly any line. From there we headed off for DS first shot on BTM.

First we bumped into Dr Facieler, again great character interaction.

Used our special fastpasses to go on BTM, was a bit concerned DS would start crying half way through but he had was really keen to go on. i need not have worried he spent the whole ride squealing with excitement and shouting yahoo! except for the last long bit in the dark which he said was a bit scary but he was already asking to go on again.

By this point he was getting a little tired so we went to watch the Trick or Treat show which was really good.

DSCF0855.jpg

the characters came out afterwards but it was real scrum which was a shame as we would have liked to meet Goofy in his skeleton costume and we never saw him again anywhere for a meet and greet.

We decided to head back to the DLH for afternoon tea, as we had not had lunch. This was really nice with a lovely selection of wee sandwiches, cakes and pastries and the most lovely chocolate mousse.

IMG_3216.jpg

Mil decided to head upstairs to relax and the three of us went back into the park for the last hour. We went back on Buzz, orbitron and Thunder Mountain, Orbitron showed about 20min was about half of that and we used our fastpass for the other 2.

a great day in the Park, headed back to the hotel to change for inventions at 7pm

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter