LuvLuvLuv's Memories TR Starts Pg 73 - Honeymoon Day 6.1

Are the bugs gonna get me? Is there a smoking area for my stepmom :lmao: :lmao: Just kidding... checking to see if you're still awake :)

Well, I don't have any advice for you, but I just wanted to say that you crack me up! And I needed a laugh right now!

So I took Dave out to lunch yesterday with his laptop :) I love that some restaurants have WIFI now :goodvibes We looked thru all the locations, talked about timeframes and food, talked about guests and again.... it's all changing. I'm nervous on a few things, but I think it'll all work out. We also registered at JCPenney and Target. I need to sort everything out online because I think there are massive duplicates, lol.

We have loved the Napa Room since the moment we saw it... but we realized that the people we're bringing with us may not "get" it like we do. We would be better off having dinner there the next day alone. We don't love the ballrooms, and our only other options to stay on the GF side are the outside spots or the restaurants that kick you out early.

So here is what came out of all of this:

Reception Entertainment: Violinist

Ceremony: Wedding Pavilion at 2:30pm -- If outside reception in November... need it during the day so we don't freeze.

Reception: Summerhouse... with the Marina as a close backup (I don't like the boats there--but I guess that's where the go... maybe the Wave private room or the Whitehall as last resorts.

If the construction is bad: Wedding Gazebo and the Attic (backup plan)

Guests: He wants to invite friends so family plus 10 friends each--this will be more obtainable since we will have to do a buffet outside. I thought we decided not to, but it could be good... just more expensive... could lighten the mood a bit.

Reception Decor: Must have the Couch and Lounge area, decorate existing seating Black and Silver

Rehearsal: Ohana or Yachtsman... depends on how much help we get.

Fireworks: I've given up. I thought about a Marina Dessert Party with Ice Cream Sundaes... but I dunno. If they don't appreciate Wishes like we do... I'll cry. I feel like I'd be better off going and sitting on the Poly Beach watching with just him. Plus the longer this shindig goes... the more expensive for photography. Being around holiday time, and it getting darker earlier... you never know what's going to happen--so that whole thing would be a bonus add in later... but for now... it's out.

Children: Only 2 people we would invite have children... and they're wild animals... get a babysitter.

Characters: I think I read somewhere that you can't have characters at outside locations. Where will Mickey and Minnie come into play?? They WILL be there.

MK Photo Shoot: Nix. I always wanted it, but we don't know what lights will be on the castle, what the construction will look like, quality of the photographer, etc.... as of now... it's a no. He doesn't like the idea of re-getting ready, especially so early... so it's whatever.

Staged Exit: He said the people we're inviting aren't competent (I agree) and to dish for the petal cannon. I like this :woohoo:

Floral: We'll have to stay with Disney's Floral since it will be an outside reception. I still want the Callas, but recently saw a picture of a rough looking Calla arrangement and hoping Disney didn't do it. I'm thinking I'll need some fillers in it and some sparkles.

I asked him about cake since I'm sneaky. I want to get a cake for his bday when we are down there and he said he wants lemon with white chocolate mousse. That sounds like :sick: to me... but I'll get my own chocolate/peanut butter.... who said you can't buy your own cake? my birthday is may 1, and his is may 13 :)

Hair: I decided to book with the Contemporary Salon. We'll be staying at Bay Lake Tower and it'll just be easier and cheaper. I'm doing my own makeup and my hair is/most likely will be short. I just need it teased, flat ironed, and sprayed down--I'm willing to pay $80 to not do it myself and not worry about another vendor. I am recommending the salon for the mothers as well. I will probably do a trial during my planning session.

I feel like there's more to say... but I can't think. I lost 4 pounds this week and I'm hoping that streak continues. I'm not really doing much different, I think all the meds are just falling into place and I'm being a little more careful. Careful as in... we ordered Pizza Hut at 9pm last night and I ate a small order of wings and he tore up a pizza. Yeah... careful :laughing:

One last thing.... I decided that if family wants to help financially, that it'll go towards things like my dress, my hair, our hotel stay, dining plan, our flights, and at most... the rehearsal dinner. No hands in the wedding... not going to deal with it. Okay, that's all for now.

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!!!!

I'm glad you are making some headway! I'm almost certain you can have M&M at the Summerhouse. Adelia had her reception there (or was supposed to but it was freezing so it got moved to Whitehall) and she had M&M in tropical attire. Also, if you do an earlier ceremony, could you and Dave do a wardrobe change and go to the MK after for Wishes by yourself? I LOVE the lounge furniture idea. I've toyed with the idea of having a lounge area in ADH (it just begs for it!) but I have no idea what Disney charges for that stuff. I think we are going to stay at BLT for the 2nd half of our wedding trip! I was considering concierge level at the Poly or CR, but I think I'd prefer the villa.

I'm glad you are making some headway! I'm almost certain you can have M&M at the Summerhouse. Adelia had her reception there (or was supposed to but it was freezing so it got moved to Whitehall) and she had M&M in tropical attire. Also, if you do an earlier ceremony, could you and Dave do a wardrobe change and go to the MK after for Wishes by yourself? I LOVE the lounge furniture idea. I've toyed with the idea of having a lounge area in ADH (it just begs for it!) but I have no idea what Disney charges for that stuff. I think we are going to stay at BLT for the 2nd half of our wedding trip! I was considering concierge level at the Poly or CR, but I think I'd prefer the villa.

I saw some pictures of M/M there too... let's just hope they haven't changed anything! I think we would appreciate Wishes by ourselves more... so we should go with that--then people can do whatever they want that night. We said we would rather have the lounge furniture than the MK Photoshoot. We think it'll make a more relaxed atmosphere. I was also thinking it would be nicer to have everyone in the open rather than uptight in a room... our families are weird. I looked at a couple places online that rent the wedding furniture and it's not as bad as I envisioned... but its still pricy... but I just love it. Since I'm doing my own makeup, I need to have my case and mirror.... so I'll need that whole kitchen table in the Villa. I want to be able to have room for all my junk, have the washer and dryer and the big refrigerator for anything we might need. We'll probably move to the Yacht Club 2 or 3 days after so we're close to food and wine and we can have our favorite club level.

Glad to hear your thinking things through and starting to get a grip on some things. I think that no matter what things will be amazing and gorgeous and wonderful and all that jazz! :lovestruc :goodvibes :lovestruc

Congrats on the 4 pounds! So happy for you! :rotfl:

But ultimately, you're still having your Disney wedding! So woohoo for you! I'd kill to get rid of 75% of my guest list and head down there to do my wedding itself. I still have 6 months to change my parents minds before I hit my year mark, but I know that it won't happen. :confused3

As far as the fireworks go, depending on when your reception ends I'd think about maybe getting ONE photog to stick around and get some pics of you guys with them. Just to have a few memories of that special moment. Because I think the firework pictures are absolutely amazing and would kill to do it!

As far as the MK shoot goes, I heard somewhere that you can still get them done up to a year after your wedding? So hey if you get awesome pics back, get some cash for the wedding.. VOILA there's your MK shoot! PLUS you get to wear your dress.. AGAIN at a later date! :cloud9: :rolleyes1

I'm all for doing it up and beyond! I know money sucks and I completely get that we have the same thing. But you only get MARRIED ONCE. So I say do it up and do it big. Especially when it comes to wearing your dress more than once.. :rolleyes1

Oohh I really do love all of your new plans. I think the Summerhouse is a great choice. The couches are GORGEOUS and make for a relaxed, but still elegant, look. Have you asked your coordinator about M and M yet??? You SHOULD be able to have them there! Blah. Sometimes, I really hate all of Disney's silly rules. (And by sometimes, I mean a lot more than sometimes...)

Looking forward to seeing how all of this turns out!

Yes! Glad to see you are weighing more options and going to make it work for you! :thumbsup2

Also, just something I think is rather neat: both of our fiance's share the same birthday and you are the first day in May and I am the last day! I like the cool pattern :)

Glad to hear your thinking things through and starting to get a grip on some things. I think that no matter what things will be amazing and gorgeous and wonderful and all that jazz! :lovestruc :goodvibes :lovestruc

Congrats on the 4 pounds! So happy for you! :rotfl:

But ultimately, you're still having your Disney wedding! So woohoo for you! I'd kill to get rid of 75% of my guest list and head down there to do my wedding itself. I still have 6 months to change my parents minds before I hit my year mark, but I know that it won't happen. :confused3

As far as the fireworks go, depending on when your reception ends I'd think about maybe getting ONE photog to stick around and get some pics of you guys with them. Just to have a few memories of that special moment. Because I think the firework pictures are absolutely amazing and would kill to do it!

As far as the MK shoot goes, I heard somewhere that you can still get them done up to a year after your wedding? So hey if you get awesome pics back, get some cash for the wedding.. VOILA there's your MK shoot! PLUS you get to wear your dress.. AGAIN at a later date! :cloud9: :rolleyes1

I'm all for doing it up and beyond! I know money sucks and I completely get that we have the same thing. But you only get MARRIED ONCE. So I say do it up and do it big. Especially when it comes to wearing your dress more than once.. :rolleyes1

Very good points :) I'm not a fan of Illuminations, but after looking at neener's DP pics yesterday I kinda am having second thoughts. Blah!!!

Oohh I really do love all of your new plans. I think the Summerhouse is a great choice. The couches are GORGEOUS and make for a relaxed, but still elegant, look. Have you asked your coordinator about M and M yet??? You SHOULD be able to have them there! Blah. Sometimes, I really hate all of Disney's silly rules. (And by sometimes, I mean a lot more than sometimes...)

Looking forward to seeing how all of this turns out!

I have a call tomorrow on my lunch already set up :) Anxious to hear what they say!!

Yes! Glad to see you are weighing more options and going to make it work for you! :thumbsup2

Also, just something I think is rather neat: both of our fiance's share the same birthday and you are the first day in May and I am the last day! I like the cool pattern :)

That's funny!! I was looking at your schedule and we may be at the Hoop together on that Friday night!! I haven't booked it yet, but I'm going to get the 9:30 on Wednesday or Friday... just waiting to pay for my dining plan and will see what's available. He's nervous they'll pick on him for his birthday :laughing: We've never been, but he said he wanted to go... and we added 2 extra days to the trip, moved things around and those are the 2 days we could go :) I'm excited!!

Not much wedding-ness going on today. I've been fighting a migrane since last night, and have no plans of staying at work all day. I need a dark/quiet room, more advil, a cherry coke and my bed. My ticker says one month to go!! I haven't even unpacked from March yet, lol!! Well have a great day everyone!!

Hope you are feeling better today :goodvibes

I am feeling much better today. It kind of feels like an odd hangover though :confused3 I stayed at work thru the day and last night had a pretty bad round of vertigo--a little scary. I told Dave it felt like he just spun me like crazy on the Tea Cups, but I was sitting still on the couch. Today feels like I drank a whole bottle of wine last night... but all I had was peach iced tea, lol!!

The only things accomplished last night were... i asked him if he wanted to go with bright silver or gunmetal silver. he asked the difference and I brought out 2 different silver shoes, lol. He liked the darker one. I liked this too because now my shoes will be the color of our wedding and I'm at peace to not buy another pair :laughing: I think it'll look great outside. I'm excited! I also got us Ohana for our arrival day because I'm an ADR ninja! It's a 9:55pm.... but hey... I'll take it!! He's happy and I'm happy that I got to cancel Raglan :laughing: It was good when we ate it, but I got motion sickness on it and a year later... I'm still not ready for it :rotfl: I vividly remember the scene in DisneyQuest.

My call is in an hour. My building doesn't get great service, so I'm wondering if I should drive somewhere and park? (at $3.79 per gallon -- $74.79 this morning :sad2:) Or sit in the lobby during semi loud lunch traffic and hope for the best. I think I have it all written down, but all my notes look like this :eek:. Even if I walk somewhere downtown, it'll be crowded and loud--plus it's cold and I didn't wear a coat :laughing: I'll have an update this afternoon.

As promised... I'm back. I ended up driving home (20 minutes) for a 10 minute phone call :laughing: I felt more relaxed there, and Baxter was happy to see me for a minute, lol. So I explained my reasoning for concern with the Napa Room. I told him that I wasn't sure it "fit" our families, that I had fallen in love with some menu items at the Showcase, and that we may just be more comfortable in an outside setting. I thanked him for he recommendation of the Summerhouse and told him we decided on it. Without his recommendation of this, I would have never even considered an outside reception. We moved my penciled in venues to WP at 2:30 instead of 5:00 because it would be too cold at night and Summerhouse from 3:30 to 8:30. I'm not sure if it'll be 7:30 or 8:30... but I just went with what he said. I think 2:30 might be better anyway because at 5pm in November the beginning of sunset may be really pretty, but it wouldn't show the castle as bright.

:banana: :banana: We can have Mickey and Minnie!! :banana: :banana:

That was my major concern because I swear I read that you can't, but he said I can and I'm like :cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :cheer2: 25 pounds of stress were lifted off my shoulders and I was feeling amazing. I got it all figured out. I'm going to leave the stress of doing or not doing fireworks stuff for another point in time. Really I can't make that call until the schedule comes out... so I would call it something extra when the time comes.

I asked about our APs if I got the form right back to them on November 5, since we're heading down there on the 10th or 11th. He said we would work it out and not to worry and just remind him. Plus my JC Penney companion flight.... November will super cheap if I can get a good deal on DVC points--or stay moderate/value!! Or whatever other deals are around that time.

I feel like today has been a success. I should probably catch up on the work I haven't done in the past week because I've been wedding obsessed. :laughing: Happy Wednesday Everyone!!

Oh Deena, Im so glad everything worked out! Mickey, Minnie, Gunmetal, and pretty chic couches will be fantastic!! Happy for you! :cool1::cool1:

Ooh la-la!
I'm so happy that everything is working out for you! I think the couches are going to look awesome, especially with your colors. & you get to have Mickey & Minnie!!! You get the best of all of the worlds lol

I am so, so, so, so, SO happy for you! And Mickey and Minnie! I mean how much better can you get!! Yay Wednesday! ;D

Yayyy!!!! I am so glad it all worked out and SO happy about mickey and minnie!

Oh Deena, Im so glad everything worked out! Mickey, Minnie, Gunmetal, and pretty chic couches will be fantastic!! Happy for you! :cool1::cool1:

Yay Yay Yay I'm so glad it all worked out!!!! :yay:

Yaayyyyy! See it all worked out for you! You must be sooooooooooo excited! :woohoo: :woohoo:

I am so glad everything worked out for you!!:yay:

Ooh la-la!
I'm so happy that everything is working out for you! I think the couches are going to look awesome, especially with your colors. & you get to have Mickey & Minnie!!! You get the best of all of the worlds lol

I am so, so, so, so, SO happy for you! And Mickey and Minnie! I mean how much better can you get!! Yay Wednesday! ;D

Yay!! Thanks everyone!! It was all very exciting and I was feeling very peaceful. I was pumped to tell Dave when he got home from softball last night and he was excited. I showed him a map on how close it is to the WP and that we wouldn't need transportation, etc. He was playing on his computer and said, "I don't mean to rain on your parade... but where's that new DVC building going? You may not even have a walkway." :headache: We looked at the proposed maps and it almost looks like the new building is right on top of it. I started to get anxious, but I told him that we would just move to the Marina and all would be good. I'm hoping for the best on this one. Note to self, look over the LOA very carefully and be sure we can move sites if it's too bad. I'm staying positive because I really like this site and there's no telling when they'll break ground. It may not be for a while. We also talked about where we were staying for the wedding. That went south. I told him I wasn't keen on the idea of him staying with me the night before because I don't want him stressing me when I'm trying to get ready. He won't get out of bed, then he'll be in the way while I'm running around, and I'm not having it. I told him I'd get him a studio for the night--and he didn't like that. I also kicked around the idea of using a free night the night of the wedding at the GF so I could have a place to keep "stuff." I like to have "stuff" just in case and I feel like I'll need rolling luggage for extra makeup, kleenex, shoes, sunglasses, medications, etc. Plus... if we could get a room very very close to the Summerhouse... I could use that potty and area to adjust, etc. :cutie: I think I would just feel better in a "cleaner" setting then a public restroom which I'm not sure which one will be used... but may be shared with the pool?? No bueno. Then instead of having to carry him onto the monorail, then thru the resort afterwards... I could just push him to the room :laughing: I would still keep our main stuff at BLT... and just use that for convenience. Maybe if we could get an early check-in he could just go there in the morning and go back to bed, and get ready there. Ugh, I can figure this out another day.

Well thanks again for all the warm wishes :) It's almost the weekend :)

Sounds like you are really excited for summerhouse. We are having our welcome dinner there next month. I think it is so pretty with the water right there. Good luck with your planning. It seems like you have some much done already. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter