• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lurkyloo's PJ: Morocco/Attic/UK Lower - Greetings from WDW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fourth one is my favourite.. and I don't think that that particular one will ever look dated. Fascinators are really big over here in England at the moment, and are much more popular now than wearing a traditional type of hat at a wedding! I love them... You can get such unusual and flamboyant designs but I think the fourth one you chose looks really quite classic! Have a look on good old ebay... there are always loads of them on the UK ebay site

Christina

xx

OK Lurky you have just made me laugh so hard because, yes I now have one of those snarky teen daughters who has made fun of my 80's dress with the shoulder pads!!!!! I paid a small fotune to have it preserved so someday my daughter would love it too and want to wear it!!!!! But no she has asked me to CUT a piece of it off to put inside her gown with a pin. Yep just wants me to take the scissors to my beatiful Eve of Milady Dynasty era gown!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

No I really want her to have her own gown to wear on her day (because what goes around comes around) HAHAHHA!

Any yes sadly my dress still turned yellow in spite of "The whole being Preserved thing":scared1:

i LOVE the fascinator idea. i did get one with my birdcage, but it's a separate peice with its own comb so i can wear it when i take the birdcage off for my reception! any of the ones you've chosen would be great!

here are huge necklaces found on swarovski...they are slightly pricey, ranging from $300ish-520...

910886W240.jpg

910673W240.jpg

913617W240.jpg

there are some other ones, but they were $1000.

a quick look on ebay found this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Swarovski-Cryst...oryZ2748QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

The fourth one is fabulous. Go for it! It actually reminds me a bit of the 20s. It seems like the 20s look is always coming back into modern fashion. But what do I know?

Maybe you can post a photo of your necklace.

I really like this "fascinator" option that you have found. I am wearing a flower in my hair. But I am wearing a veil during the ceremony and then taking it off. As much as I don't like what a veil stands for, for some reason I didn't feel like a bride without it. Anyway, maybe having a flower would look less trendy or dated? Just an idea.

OK Lurky you have just made me laugh so hard because, yes I now have one of those snarky teen daughters who has made fun of my 80's dress with the shoulder pads!!!!! I paid a small fotune to have it preserved so someday my daughter would love it too and want to wear it!!!!! But no she has asked me to CUT a piece of it off to put inside her gown with a pin. Yep just wants me to take the scissors to my beatiful Eve of Milady Dynasty era gown!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

No I really want her to have her own gown to wear on her day (because what goes around comes around) HAHAHHA!

Any yes sadly my dress still turned yellow in spite of "The whole being Preserved thing":scared1:

HAHA mom I thought of your stupid shoulder pads when I read that line too. :)
And if you don't want to cut the dress, I certainly will :goodvibes

Love #4. May steal it. I don't think you'll look dated. It's "classic", not trendy!

Wowee - thanks for all the ideas and votes guys!

Is it really so bad to look dated in your pictures? I was looking at a picture from my grandparents 1943 wedding today, and everything about it - from her gown to their hairstyles to her flowers and the car they were in date them, but it is an AMAZING classic 1940's picture. I also LOVE my parents' early 70's wedding photos. So as long as you look and feel amazing, who cares about being dated. Although, I don't think I would be saying this if we were in the mid 80's.

What color would you wear?

:rotfl: HIGH-larious!! OK, you make a good point - as long as the outfit looks... not ridiculous... it doesn't matter if it echoes the era. I would *love* to look as glamorous as your grandmother must've looked!

Colorwise, it's a toss-up between white and turquoise. I look better in turquoise, but white, of course, looks more bridal and maybe less Moulin Rouge...

Maybe you can post a photo of your necklace.

I really like this "fascinator" option that you have found. I am wearing a flower in my hair. But I am wearing a veil during the ceremony and then taking it off. As much as I don't like what a veil stands for, for some reason I didn't feel like a bride without it. Anyway, maybe having a flower would look less trendy or dated? Just an idea.

I do have a "real-touch" gardenia that was the first hair accessory I bought. It is really neat, but I think it needs something more - another flower or feathers or rhinestones or something. I can't wait to see pics from your wedding! :goodvibes

Here's the necklace I want - my friend is pretty sure it's made of chandelier crystals, so we're going to try to make one:

CarvalliNecklace.jpg

The fourth one is my favourite.. and I don't think that that particular one will ever look dated. Fascinators are really big over here in England at the moment, and are much more popular now than wearing a traditional type of hat at a wedding! I love them... You can get such unusual and flamboyant designs but I think the fourth one you chose looks really quite classic! Have a look on good old ebay... there are always loads of them on the UK ebay site

Thanks for the UK eBay tip - I'm surfing it right now! I actually had this epiphany while looking at a British wedding magazine. It's one that's all about flowers, but it had some weddings in it, and this one bride wore a gorgeous gray Edwardian suit with a giant fascinator. I thought "I wanna look that good!"

OMG - you totally have to post a picture of your dress! :thumbsup2 And thanks for the heads up on the gown preservation - I'd heard it was a ripoff....

here are huge necklaces found on swarovski...they are slightly pricey, ranging from $300ish-520...

a quick look on ebay found this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/Swarovski-Cryst...oryZ2748QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Those are gorgeous, Caryn - thanks! I never even thought about Swarovski. I think I'll look on eBay some more....

i forgot to vote...i like #3, doesn't it match your colors? it's very different, which is what i like...

Yes! Turquoise! Unfortunately they say it's out of stock right now, but I've emailed to see when they'll have it again. I love "different" too! ;)

Okay, I'm a little late to this newest development, but I wanted to say that I like #3 and #4. Before I decided to go with the birdcage veil, I was going to just have a huge (4") silk red rose. I still have it and might use it in conjunction with the veil. So, I totally support the fascinator idea!

Thanks Carrie! I appreciate the info ;). By the way, I love #4... I think it would look so great on you!

Colorwise, it's a toss-up between white and turquoise. I look better in turquoise, but white, of course, looks more bridal and maybe less Moulin Rouge...

Could you get two and wear the white (#4) one for the ceremony and a turquoise one (#3) at your dessert party? Are you wearing your wedding dress to your dessert party? I think you have to get both, especially since so many of us voted for numbers 3 AND 4!!

My DF loves the tiara I have, but I LOVE circlets... so I plan on wearing my circlet at the ceremony and then changing into the tiara afterwards.

Wow - #4 looks like the big winner! :cutie: I also like the idea of wearing two different ones for the ceremony and reception. I can't afford to be a two-dress bride like in all the magazines, but maybe I can be a two-fascinator bride! :thumbsup2

Tomorrow I'm going to this ginormous craft store in Downtown LA that's said to be like the mother of all Michael's to look for fascinator supplies. Then if I screw up, I'll just order one of the ones I found online.

But the big news is....

:banana: :banana: :banana: Our BEO is only $69.80 over the minimum expenditure for our date! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I became very competetive about sticking to the minimum expenditure when we were repeatedly told not to worry about whether or not something counted toward it, since we were *of course* going to be well over it.

:mad: Grrrr....

But now we're living proof that it actually is possible to have a Wishes wedding for the minimum expenditure! True, our guests will be bringing sack lunches... just kidding! :rotfl:

Congratulations on you BEO :yay: You will be my inspiration, I hope I can do the same!!:goodvibes

Two fascinators sounds like a great idea!

wow carrie! congratulations on your beo, that is GREAT. i tried and tried and tried so hard, but i tried to keep it to not double the minimum. you did really really well!!!

i'm excited to see how your make a fascinator project will work out! have you started on your necklace? everytime i see a chandelier i think of you...

:santa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter