• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lurkers....time to de-lurk!!!

Pete - you got me too:thumbsup2 I've been lurking a while (more than I care to admit...)

Thanks for the invite

self-proclaimed lurker here saying hi to my brethren!!

sooo......

when's our LURKER MEET??!!! :)

how many would actually show up??
:rotfl2:

Lurker meet? Would anybody come? Or would they all hang around nearby to see who showed up?

If you're going to organize this (and the rule on the boards is that the person that suggests it has to organize it) I'd suggest that it coincide with a significant DIS event such as PCC 2.0.

Ok, so I'm a lurker. You caught me! But I have come out of my shell to make a few posts lately. I guess I just don't feel like a lurker since I spend a couple of hours each week listening to the podcast crew. Wish I could spend more time on the boards, but I can't at work and when I'm not at work I am chasing after 3 busy kids. I'm also semi-technically illiterate and am intimidated by the signatures and countdowns on people's profiles which I never seem to be able to figure out. I've been listening for about 3 years - found the podcast when we were planning our last trip to Disney which was in April 2008. We're planning to go again next spring. I'll try to get on a socialize more!

I'll try to "de-lurk" but Buster Bluth and I live by our alma mater's credo.
"Milford School, where children should be neither seen nor heard."
busterbluth.jpg

I'm a lurker until I'm inspired (or provoked) to speak. I love the boards and the podcasts make my commute bearable and enjoyable. Thank you for making that happen!

Hi everyone I must admit I am a lurker most of the time too. You caught me Pete :scared1:

I will try to be less lurkery lol

popcorn::

I was floored to see how many responses there are from my fellow lurkers. It looks like I'm in excellent company.

I dont know if people are still reading this thread(I know IM not lol) but I too am a lurker. However, I go to the DIS almost every day and usually multiple times a day. The podcast has become a part of my life.

Hello, my name is ..... And i am a lurker. I have been reading the dis since the beginning and faithfully listen to podcast. I added eticket as soon as it was out. I so enjoy the entire dis community and cannot adequately express how much I have enjoyed all through the years. Now my kids are grown and they are dis posters. What fun we have had and passed along! For me it is about celebrating the important things like family and friends so thanks for being there for us lurkers. It is so nice to be accepted as we are!

Yeah, I guess I'm a lurker too. Ben listening to the podcast for a couple of years and read the boards all the time. Only this month got brave enough to join...although I feel as though I don't have too much to add with all the experts!! I wish I could go on the cruises and adventures, but atlas, vacas are few and far between for a fulltime student and fulltime worker. Anywhoo, I'm looking forward to becoming more active on here :hippie:

::MickeyMo

I need to stop lurking, I also need to get my grades back up, but I started using WDWInfo, when I found out I was going to Florida with my high school orchestra 4 years ago, then I fell off the face of the Dis, and got back on in my junior when I decided to go to Disney again, with my High School Orchestra and Jazz band, and I now listen to the podcast faithfully, go to school full time to get a degree in music education (i know, there's going to be no jobs when I graduate:rotfl::rotfl:), and right now, I should e writing a ten page paper for a completely useless class.

Time for me to join the fun.
Hi, I´m from germany and I´m a longtime lurkerette. I travel to WDW once a year, ran the full and the princess half marathon and looove Florida.
Being a disney fan in germany is like being a soccer fan in the US..noone really understands you.....I guess that made me shy. That and the fact that english is not my first language and so I make a lot of funny mistakes..
Love the podcast, love the boards, hope to find the courage to join the lively conversations.

OK, I'm inspired! I lurk......A LOT! Sometimes I post if I feel I can add to the conversation. I've been around for a couple of years and have listened to almost all the podcasts (I'm trying to catch up on the old ones). I usually check in a couple of times a day, whether it is from the computer while I avoid the piles on my desk, or eTicket while I am out and about, I like to know what is going on. So now since Pete called us out, I'll try to do a better job of posting this year. :thumbsup2

OK, I'm inspired! I lurk......A LOT! Sometimes I post if I feel I can add to the conversation. I've been around for a couple of years and have listened to almost all the podcasts (I'm trying to catch up on the old ones). I usually check in a couple of times a day, whether it is from the computer while I avoid the piles on my desk, or eTicket while I am out and about, I like to know what is going on. So now since Pete called us out, I'll try to do a better job of posting this year. :thumbsup2

This is exactly how I am. I've listened to all the podcasts from nearly the beginning. I check in here a few times a day, and I try to contribute when I feel I can. I don't know why I'm so shy on the internet when I'm not in real life. Isn't that silly? :blush: Anyway, I'll try to post more. This is a great group. I don't know what my problem is. :confused:

I have been listening/reading here since late 2006. Not much time to post but I don't know what I would do without the weekly podcast shows. Keep up the great work.:thumbsup2

Also caught!

Habitual lurker...Really busy single mom/gov't attorney/homeschooler/part-time teacher....Really busy!! But I love the podcasts and the topics here! This is the one section of the DIS that my son enjoys with me! (he loves Disney too, but is not quite as obsessed as me).

BTW...you sold us on Animal Crossing and on Ipod touch apps. We became addicts over the last year after reading the posts here!

Wendy

OK, I am a lurker too although I occasionally post on some of the other forums and even posted here once fairly recently.

I am late to this thread because we just got back from our visit to the world last Monday and it took me a week to recover. While we had a blast, I will never do a hotel, cruise, hotel stay again. Too much packing, too much moving. What was I thinking?

I will try to post more, although I admit I think this forum is a bit intimidating.

add me to the list of lurkers and thread killers... hi! :wave2:

Thank you for the DIS and the Podcast, they really do help us get through those tough times between trips!

Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter