Lurkers....time to de-lurk!!!

I wanted to say hello to all the new friends. :wave2: I've been able to make so many friends from this board (and the WISH board too). It's great to meet you all.

To all the lurkers

dog20.jpg

I lurk all the time here but I only post once in a while. I actually "went" to the TSM party this past December, but my 7-year old was too tired to stay so we never made it back and missed out on everything. I was hoping to meet some of you!

Ok, I am a lurker (daily) but rarely post. Pete - thanks for the invite. I love the boards. :woohoo: I can't listen at work so I listen in the car. I have put way tooo many miles on my car taking the long way to work and errands so I can listen! I feel like I know all the "regulars". It's nice to read their posts and know that they aren't rolling their eyes when people talk about disney (which is what my family does to me).

Alright. I admit that I am a lurker. I usually only end up having the time to quickly cruise the threads to "get my fill" but I do try to post when I can. I've been trying to find more time to post lately so we will see how I goes. Love the show and love the community. It truly gives me an escape from everything else going on in my crazy day to day life. So hopefully you will see me being a little less "lurky". :)

My name is Tinkershelly and I am a lurker. I read this board and the Canadian board daily but seldom post. I usually post in the Canadian board in threads having to do with Magical Express and clearing Customs and Immigration. That can confuse people who aren't used to cross-border travel. There are also multiple threads there about the strategies to get the best airfares and when to exchange some Canadian dollars.:surfweb:

Love the podcast and listen to that at work, mostly alone in a dark room with a microscope, however since I carry on conversations with the ipod I'm sure that people passing by in the hallway think that I am conducting meetings in that room:rotfl:

Thanks for the invite to post, Pete. I've never felt too intimidated to post as these boards have always been welcoming, it's just that I'm not sure that I actually have anything interesting to add to the threads most of the time.

Okay, here's another one. Just look at the tagline I gave myself! "I'm a lurker, not a poster!"

I first came on here after a trip to WDW in 2002 wanting to get some info and ask questions about DVC. I tried to do a pre-trip report, try to post, etc. But, I have the same problem as a previous poster, I just end up re-reading my post and thinking I sound dumb or un-funny/quirky/silly/smart, so I just scrap the whole thing. For a while, I would only come on the board when I had a trip to plan. I don't know what's happened lately, but I've been coming almost everyday, check the threads. I only started listening to the podcast since a couple of weeks ago - and I LOVE IT!! Now, I find that I need my daily fix and I don't need a trip in the works in order to come on the DIS. I spend most of my time on the boards when I'm at work, which is from 9pm-1am PST. Most everyone has gone to bed when I'm here!

Alright, here's a little inside info about me. My brother is an Imagineer. He has been on projects in WDW, DL, and Tokyo Disney/Disney Sea (and hopefully Shanghai!). Chances are, if you went to D23, you may have seen or met him at the CarsLand display! I get to have lunch/dinner with (and usually made by) an Imagineer all of the time! :rotfl: And yes, I do get some inside scoops on future stuff, but I won't ever spill! :rolleyes:

Now, just maybe I'll be able to come out of lurkdom.....we'll see!

(Yeah, see, I just re-read it and don't see anything that would really grab someone's attention! Oh well!)

You have my attention. Having an Imagineer in house would be enough to make me crazy.....well, truth be told, I'd drive him crazy.

It must be great getting insider information.

I'll trade you a Dis Unplugged pin......

Okay...I just went from lurker to stalker in two seconds.:rotfl2:

Okay, here's another one. Just look at the tagline I gave myself! "I'm a lurker, not a poster!"

I first came on here after a trip to WDW in 2002 wanting to get some info and ask questions about DVC. I tried to do a pre-trip report, try to post, etc. But, I have the same problem as a previous poster, I just end up re-reading my post and thinking I sound dumb or un-funny/quirky/silly/smart, so I just scrap the whole thing. For a while, I would only come on the board when I had a trip to plan. I don't know what's happened lately, but I've been coming almost everyday, check the threads. I only started listening to the podcast since a couple of weeks ago - and I LOVE IT!! Now, I find that I need my daily fix and I don't need a trip in the works in order to come on the DIS. I spend most of my time on the boards when I'm at work, which is from 9pm-1am PST. Most everyone has gone to bed when I'm here!

Alright, here's a little inside info about me. My brother is an Imagineer. He has been on projects in WDW, DL, and Tokyo Disney/Disney Sea (and hopefully Shanghai!). Chances are, if you went to D23, you may have seen or met him at the CarsLand display! I get to have lunch/dinner with (and usually made by) an Imagineer all of the time! :rotfl: And yes, I do get some inside scoops on future stuff, but I won't ever spill! :rolleyes:

Now, just maybe I'll be able to come out of lurkdom.....we'll see!

(Yeah, see, I just re-read it and don't see anything that would really grab someone's attention! Oh well!)

Kevin, I do not know about you, but I am loving all of the stories! It is like 'backstage" magic! :rotfl2:

This is the kind of stuff that pulled Christy and I into the DIS and all the really cool friendships we have now. I talk to folks on the DIS more than I talk to some folks I see all day (That does not mean Christy, MinnieGarden).

Kevin, I do not know about you, but I am loving all of the stories! It is like 'backstage" magic! :rotfl2:

This is the kind of stuff that pulled Christy and I into the DIS and all the really cool friendships we have now. I talk to folks on the DIS more than I talk to some folks I see all day (That does not mean Christy, MinnieGarden).

I agree Mike. You get to meet some amazing people.

I'm thrilled to get to meet some new folks.

Okay I'm guilty! I'm a long time lurker, rare poster. Love the boards, but I usually don't post if I feel I don't have anything interesting to contribute to the conversation. Anyway, thanks for the invite Pete :thumbsup2

Howdy ya'll!

I started listening to The Dis Podcast on my iphone and was hooked. Now, I'm checking out the boards as we prepare for our first family vacation to WDW in November. I've been to Disney as a child, but never as an adult. And now it is time to take our children and share this "First Visit" with their grandparents! My DH doesn't understand my Disney obsession, so it is nice to have a place that does! (Maybe I can convert him this trip!)

I have learned SO MUCH from the disboards! Thanks for the advice!

And, of course, I'm a HUGE fan of The Dis. Your chemistry together strikes the perfect balance, and it is a highlight of the week to listen to one of your conversations.

Thanks for the welcome!

Julie

me (34):laundy:, DH (34):), DS (7):earsboy:, DS (6):earsboy:, DD (4)princess:

Ok, I have been reading the boards for months, so last night I finally created my account & have ended my lurking status...

Oh...Pete, congratulations, you got me to make my first post (see above!). I was just too shy to jump in before, but hard to miss a personal invite from you!

Thanks,
Julie

me (34):laundy:, DH (34):), DS (7):earsboy:, DS (6) :earsboy:, DD (4)princess:

I do post here - probably less than once a month though :) So I classify as a lurker for the most part. I have been around these boards for several years and have been a podcast listener for well over 2 years.

I'm the Disney geek and heavy-planner in our family. DH likes Disney, but not to the extent I do. I could go annually where he is happy every 3-5 years. We are currently expecting our first child in August though, so it will be quite some time before we make it back to Orlando. Doesn't stop me from lurking on the boards and listening to the podcast every week!

We're actually starting on our Mickey Mouse themed nursery this morning.....

Anyways, hi :)

Welcome to all of the lurkers.:banana::dance3::yay:I am a regular poster on the Creative DISign forum and a part time poster on this thread. It's nice to see so many new faces. :goodvibes Penny:hippie:

Okay,you found me. I am a lurker as you can tell. I love the boards and the podcast!!!!! I guess I am a little intimidated since it seems like a close knit group but I also know you are very open and welcoming. so thanks for the invite Pete. MY first visit to Disney was in '71 then not again until '82 when I had my own family.since then about 15 or more visits, the last being in Dec.'08. Your podcast keeps me connected. I'll try to do better posting, promise. Thanks for all you guys do!:yay::yay:

I guess I am a little intimidated since it seems like a close knit group but I also know you are very open and welcoming. so thanks for the invite Pete.

We ARE a very close knit group, but we all have the same passion and we welcome anyone! Posting is just like riding a bike, it takes a few times to get into your stride. But what is fantastic is the broad range of knowledge that is here that is waiting to be tapped. (And Puckett, you know what I mean when I say tapped. It is not the other thing!)
. The Podcast Board is also what I think of the "highlights" board. I go here for the highlights before I go exploring elsewhere on the boards.

Hi everyone...I am a lurker too, but love to listen to the podcast and read the boards. Once in a while if something really strikes my interest, then I will post...but other than that, I am simply a lurker for now.

Another lurker signing in...I have only posted to the Podcast and Disneyland forums. The boards are so helpful, and I love the podcast. I just did my "give a day, get a Disney day" volunteer activity this morning and can't wait to use my voucher at Disneyland!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter