Lunch

MiaSRN62

DIS Veteran
Question for those who might know. If we're going with a lunch menu can we still have a 10 am ceremony and a noon reception. We originally were going to do a brunch menu but preferred the lunch options more. Or do you think we should do a noon ceremony and lunch at 2 ? Thanks

Added question***Does anyone know what time reception actually begins if you have either a 10 am or noon ceremony ? Thank you !***
Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Personally I would do the noon because I woudln't want to get up at 5am for hair and makeup!

You'll save a ton of money by holding an earlier ceremony and reception because the per-person food and beverage minimums will be lower by $25/person. You can serve whatever kind of food you want at the reception—it doesn't matter what time it is. Most people will be ready for lunch-y food by noon anyway. :thumbsup2

Thanks to both ! I had no idea it was the time not the menu that made difference.
I should clarify i am the mom of bride. She wanted lunch menu (liked the Tony's menu) but wanted 10 am ceremony and noon lunch. We have that time pencil'd in now with a Briar Rose menu. She liked times---not menu.
Oh wow---5 am for hair ! I don't think she was thinking that early ! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Didn't want to start a new thread....but does anyone know what time guests are actually sitting down to eat if you have a 10 am or noon ceremony ? Is rule-of-thumb like 90 min after ceremony time ? Thanks

i think generally the timetable will go something like this

10am-11am - ceremony
11am-12pm - pre reception/cocktail hours [bride and groom photos]
12pm - 4pm - reception

you would probably have bride and groom enter at 12pm, then have first dance and toasts then food!

the ceremony won't last an hour, i think disney just gives this timeline to alow for staged exit photos etc etc

our ceremony was at 10am, the reception was 12-4. what with pictures and getting everyone to the whitehall room from the WP, it was like 1130ish that our “pre-reception”/coffee and danish were out. it was really a nice fit, we had mostly brunch-y food, some chicken entree... yum!

Hmmm... we are having a 10AM ceremony and were told that our reception would be 11AM-3PM (and that this includes cocktail hour). I wonder why we're not getting the venue until 4PM?

Anyway, we're having a brunch reception but I'm hoping to get some lunch-y food in there too.

Ashley Marie said:
Hmmm... we are having a 10AM ceremony and were told that our reception would be 11AM-3PM (and that this includes cocktail hour). I wonder why we're not getting the venue until 4PM?

Anyway, we're having a brunch reception but I'm hoping to get some lunch-y food in there too.

That's how ours was too. If someone has been booked in the room after you they will shorten you, but they told us at time of booking.

I will admit, we weren't told specifically if we're getting the reception until 3 or 4 pm honestly. My daughter and her fiance along with my husband and I met with the initial wedding consultant on March 5. He has my dd pencil'd in for the 10 am ceremony and brunch reception---but my daughter is now leaning more towards the lunch menu (still keeping the 10 am ceremony). So I was just trying to estimate when the reception would start. We are having a cocktail hour as well). We can't even sign an agreement for another 3+ weeks based on her desired wedding date next year. So we're just trying to figure out if the 10 am or noon ceremony would work better. We plan on an open bar with beer and wine only. Just don't think many will want to drink with the early reception. I am reading as much on the DIS as I can so we can try and figure out what we really want.
I appreciate everyone's input.

Once you're penciled in, you should get a confirmation from your sales consultant detailing which venues you're penciled in for and what times. These will also be listed in your contract, so if its not right, make sure you follow up with them.

Once you're penciled in, you should get a confirmation from your sales consultant detailing which venues you're penciled in for and what times. These will also be listed in your contract, so if its not right, make sure you follow up with them.

Thank you for that info :thumbsup2

my apologies - this is correct. i think this was what ours was to be but i can tell you we had the space until the party broke up which was after 3. i’m sure if there was an event following it would probably be enforced to be out, but ours was very comfortable and natural in how things wrapped up. the flow was handled well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter