Lunch vouchers @ RFC/ LeCellier

tgr1116

Mouseketeer
I have LV ($30 ones) and would like to know what to order at these rest. to receive the best value (and taste!) Who out there has used them and what goodies did you order? Also... what is the best time to go... the later in the afternoon the better) TIA

:tongue: Sorry, did not answer the rest of your question. We have not eaten there, so this will be our first. It is recommended that you at "off" peak times during the day for meals. TourguideMike recommends 5-6pm if you are doing dinner ressies. :wave2:

I think most people order the "surf and turf" at RFC to get the most for your money. I think it is a steak and a lobster tail or you can get coconut shrimp instead. This doesn't appear on the menu. I have never done it personally, so can't say beyond that.

Maggie

We ate there last month and our PS was for 4pm. We tend to like this time because it is not crowded yet.

Here is what we ordered for 2 adults and 2 children with 1 adult voucher & 1 child voucher:

Appetizers:
Fried Cheese Sticks
Shrimp Cocktail

Entrees:
(2) Steak w/ shrimp scampi AND coconut shrimp, veggies, mashed taters

Desert:
all four of us split the Sparkling Volcano

Drinks:
2 sodas (the second one the waitress split into 2 kids cups for the kids so they each had their own)

Total bill with tax was around $82.00 and the cost of the vouchers were $43.25. Savings $38! :hyper:

Everything was very good and we plan to go back there to eat next month when we go up again. Hope this helped some. Sorry to have gone on and on....:teeth:

I had also posted a question on time to go etc. and decided to call the restaurant directly. According to the manager on duty at that time , he said that they would only take voucher during lunch hours. My husband then had asked him what time would the latest ps be to accept the voucher and the manager recommended no later than 3:45 or so. I guess it really does depend on what day, who's there, etc as to what you can get with the voucher.
I'm curious if Ohanamom could answer, Were you lucky enough to have a server allow you to choose an entree off adult menu with a child's voucher? sweeeeeeet. Thanks for your info. If you have any more secrets with these vouchers please let us in on . This will be the first time our family is using them also. Thanks again

Originally posted by Super_Grover
I'm curious if Ohanamom could answer, Were you lucky enough to have a server allow you to choose an entree off adult menu with a child's voucher?

Yes, the server allowed us to use the kids voucher to order off the adult menu. :smooth: That is what ended up resulting in the big savings. ::yes:: We paid $12.75 for the kids voucher and got $30 worth of food.:hyper: Can't beat it! Hope I helped!:wave:

My husband & I ate at RFC @ Animal Kingdom using the lunch vouchers in late October. Dinner was about 5:30. We had 2 appetizers,(shrimp coctail and the crab), 2 cokes(they put them in souvenior glasses), 1- 1 1/2 # lobster and 1 steak & lobster, and two deserts(Key lime pie and some wonderful bread pudding). I asked for the bill- too nosey me. It would have been $155.00. With no margarita! We will be back in Feb and are going to order more vouchers.

I have made a PS for 5:00 p.m. at RFC at AK and plan on using the VKL vouchers there. Has anyone ever gone during the dinner hours and been told they could not use the vouchers? This is the last thing we do before heading home from our annual Christmas trip and I don't want it to end on any surprise notes! Thanks for your answers in advance.

Elin

jumping on board for this also cause I thought I asked that when I talked to a RFC rep ( for info on safari club ) and she said lunch or dinner so I wonder if this is a change in policy since then or a wrong manager or what...as long as they do not rule out the lobster before I get there I will go at 11 am if I have to :) but I was also planning on a dinnerish one day and a lunch on another day and slightly off topic but my brain can not get this straight...you *can* use the safari club gift certs with the voucher but not with the 10%/chef appe? and you *can* get the chef's appe with the voucher?

Originally posted by Super_Grover
I had also posted a question on time to go etc. and decided to call the restaurant directly. According to the manager on duty at that time , he said that they would only take voucher during lunch hours. My husband then had asked him what time would the latest ps be to accept the voucher and the manager recommended no later than 3:45 or so. I guess it really does depend on what day, who's there, etc as to what you can get with the voucher.

that is really strange and I think wrong cause I called disney dining just now to change ps( she called me by name and asked how the kids are since I have called so much... haha) and asked what the earliest lunch at RFC is she said with a shocked voice 10:30 ( alittle early even for me)and I asked what the latest RFC lunch was, she looked it up and said there is no cut off between "lunch" and "dinner" so I think that manager was just talking unless that is a really new policy that disney does not know about yet...we are going for lunch earlier in the week when we are going to be gone but I am a going to ask again.

Originally posted by jann1033
jumping on board for this also cause I thought I asked that when I talked to a RFC rep ( for info on safari club ) and she said lunch or dinner so I wonder if this is a change in policy since then or a wrong manager or what...as long as they do not rule out the lobster before I get there I will go at 11 am if I have to :) but I was also planning on a dinnerish one day and a lunch on another day and slightly off topic but my brain can not get this straight...you *can* use the safari club gift certs with the voucher but not with the 10%/chef appe? and you *can* get the chef's appe with the voucher?

We did this in Oct. DH used the voucher (he eat A LOT). I got a free appetizer (crab dip) and ordered one of the BIG (and I mean BIG) salads. They let us use both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter