• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lunch Recommendations???

Prestonwoody

Earning My Ears
Help! We will be taking a day off from the parks mid-week and need a fun lunch recommendation for 5. We will be touring hotels during the day and dining at Pucks in the evening so we would enjoy something offbeat.

Any Suggestions?

I hear raves about the Pepper Market as the best value for counter service (on the DDp) I have a feeling OOP this would be expensive. It is in one of the mod resorts (either CSR or SSR?~ I get confused) :confused3

Kona Cafe at the poly is fantastic good spot to stop when on a tour of the monorail resorts!! have a great trip :sunny:

The Kona Cafe is good and maybe our choice by default depending on the time we hit the road. The Pepper Market sounds interesting and different. How difficult do you all think it will be to get to/from CSR?

Another choice would be Whispering Canyon Cafe. Or Trail's End at Fort Wilderness.

Well the Pepper Market is at the Coronado Springs Resort so it should not be too hard to get to from the CSR which I think is the acronym for Coronado Springs. :)

I think the Pepper Market has one of the better and more diverse menus of any of the Counter service places at any of the hotels.

sorry gatour,meant that we would be coming from WL, so how difficult is it to get in and out of CSR? Thanks for the recomendations

Have you tried Rainforest Cafe? Definitely different and my kids enjoy it even though they are 9, 14, and 17 now. Food is a little hit and miss some times it is really good and then some times it's average.

Don't know if you wanted to be in DTD at this time but it is a unique experience for us.

Happy Planning!

We did Concourse Steakhouse in Oct (on DDP) for lunch...It was not at all crowded so w/a DD4&DD1 it was a good experience. Kids watched the monorail & there was a wide variety, not just steak. Great service . Since it's in the Contemporary, it might be worth a try if you're touring hotels & it would be easy to get to.

We had an excellent brunch at Boatwright's during our last trip.

If you are planning on visiting AKL, I've heard good things about the salads at Mara (I think that's the name of the counter service there...).

If you guys are into sports, it would be fun to check out ESPN club at the Boardwalk. We had a blast there, and you can check out BWI, Yacht & Beach Clubs and Swan & Dolphin all in one stop! Also for lunch there is Big River Grille. :thumbsup2

Kona Cafe! Not on the menu, but worth asking for - Tonga Toast (fab french toast stuffed w/bananas and covered in cinnamon sugar). Great desserts for kids of all ages.

well when my family went the too past years on ddp we didnt have lunch. We saved up for breakfast and dinner. We brought some snacks in a backpack with us incase we got hungry. WE brought drinks as well in that bag and sun glasses, poncho's etc. GOOD LUCK :cool1:

We've always had a nice lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe. If you're there during the holdiay season, the Grand Floridian Resort has some beautiful decorations.

:surfweb:

Beaches and Cream at the Y&BC is a good choice if you're in the Epcot Resorts area also. They don't take reservations, so you'd want to get there kind of early (which, if you're eating dinner at Puck's might not be a bad idea anyway).

Whispering Canyon is definitely fun and offbeat and right in the lobby at the WL (where you will be touring at the time). However, it is definitely not great food. It is okay food, lots of it, tends to be decent, but you have to be into meat/bbq and some of it was cooked a little dry for our taste. That being said, we ate there at least 3 times when we stayed at WL because it was just so much fun. We way preferred it to Ohana's which is a similar fun restaurant at Poly.

Kona always gets great reviews. But, you'll be at Pucks that night. I'd go for the fun atmosphere at WCC over the food. Just don't eat at WCC if you hate meat/bbq.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter