• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Lunch last week at Kona Cafe

lagunaseca

Mouseketeer
I have talked about how much I've always wanted to stay at the Poly but it never seems to work out so my friend and her dd wanted to take the ferry there from MK as they had never been to the Poly. It was lunch time and I told them we would likely be eating at Captain Cook's since the Kona Cafe was probably full. Well, almost. It turns out that they had one 4 top left and we were seated right away. Of course only after walking by the desserts which the hostess told us about. I was drooling already. The atmosphere was wonderful. One of us had a Kona salad to begin, she rated it ok. 3 in the party ordered the Asian noodle bowl which got a definite thumbs up, and I got the beef teriyaki salad which I enjoyed. For dessert dd and I split a
Kilauea Torte - an explosion of warm liquid chocolate inside a brownie volcano - it was fabulous! One had the
White Chocolate Cheesecake - cheesecake with a perfect hint of white chocolate topped with fresh strawberries, whipped cream and a brandy snap. Very good also. This was a very pleasant surprise. Service was great. I'd definitely return here.

Thanks for the lunch review!!! We have ADR's for lunch there in September!!!

thanks!!

love Kona and LOVE the Poly!!

I think I will try that brownie dessert in Sept when we eat there!! :thumbsup2

I've never had a bad meal at Kona, whether it was breakfast, lunch or dinner! Yum! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter