Lunch at Princess Storybook?

KelliR

<font color=009900>Baton Coach, Seinfeld Addict, S
For our upcoming WDW trip I just booked lunch at Princess Storybook at Akershus. I was wondering if anyone has done the lunch and their opinions? :wave2:

We did the lunch in May and enjoyed it. However, I think you will see mixed opinions on the food. Have you checked out the menu over at allears? We enjoyed the appetizer plate - various smoked fish, seafood salads, chicken salad, good breads/crackers, and cheese. Both of my girls liked the kid's appetizer plate - ham and cheese, snack mix, etc.

My mom had the chicken breast pasta or chicken breast salad - can't remember - but she did like it. I had the lamb, and thought that was not great, but I didn't really care because I was pretty full from the appetizer plate and busy taking pictures by that point. I really liked the fact that the kids' menu had healthy options other than the usual chicken nuggets, mac & cheese etc.. My girls had nice chicken breasts with potatoes and vegetables.

The dessert sampler was fabulous - we loved it!

Princess interaction was very good, we thought. We had almost the first lunch seating - 11:40 or so, and I liked the fact that the princess did not come out until halfway through our main course, so my DD's actually ate their meal before they were complete distracted by the princesses. We saw Belle, Ariel, Aurora, Jasmine, and Cinderella. They did not seem rushed and spent plenty of time at our table.

We really enjoyed it, and would do it again, but a lot depends on whether the food choices sound appealing to you.

LOVE this meal! We went twice in May and it was fabulous both times. My best tips are....

Don't be afraid to try new things!
Eat the chicken salad on the appetizer plate, it's the best and I don't really like chicken salad! Ditto on the potato salad. If there is anything on the appetizer plate you want more of, ask for it, they will bring it to you!

Don't be afraid to order something you're not sure you'll like, they will bring you something different if you don't like it.

They will bring more of anything you ask for, it's all you can eat.

You can ask for small portions of side accompaniments that come with something other than what you ordered, they will bring it.

If you sit near a wall, put your child up against the wall no matter what the waitress says. This will make it so your child has to get out of her seat to see the princesses and it seems to make them take more time with the child than if it's just a kid in an easily accessible chair they can walk up to and then walk away from. Our waitress told us this the first night but the second night our waitress insisted my daughter sit on the outside of the table which she did until the waitress walked away and I moved her.

Interact with your server, they are a lot of fun and very informative, they are very sweet and if you happen to get Hildegunn you are sure to have a fabulous time!

Thanks, I didn't know it was all you can eat. Great tips. I am glad someone started this thread! The Storybook Lunch will be our last event before we hit the road towards home so I was wanting us to be full and for dd to get a last dose of the Princesses.

Thanks for all the tips! I have done the breakfast and loved the Princesses. I ate dinner there once for the Candlelight Processional and did not really care for the food selection ... so I am glad to hear about the lunch. Thanks! :wave2:

HaleyB said:
Thanks, I didn't know it was all you can eat. Great tips. I am glad someone started this thread! The Storybook Lunch will be our last event before we hit the road towards home so I was wanting us to be full and for dd to get a last dose of the Princesses.

I didn't realize this either. Does anyone know if it the same policy at the CRT lunch as well??

:flower: :flower:

I'd love to try some of the sweet potatoe chips (or whatever) they have with the kid's dish, as well as extra appetizers for our hungry group!

We went in May and won't go again, now the service, the restaurant and the Princesses were AWESOME. I'm just a very picky eater and to spend $60, not to eat anything is a waste for me. But I would like to try the Breakfast sometime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter