Lunch at Enchanted Garden on sail away day

Skatetigger

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone, I am sure there are posts on it somewhere but I was wondering if anyone has done Enchanted Garden for lunch on sail away day. We did Cabanas last time but I would like to try something different. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Yes. We did on the Fantasy. It was easier for us because it's tough to find a table for 5 in Cabanas during busy times.

We do this as a regular thing on boarding day. We prefer not having to wander around trying to find a vacant table. Its also nice to have somebody bring you your beverages.

We did on our last cruise - mainly because we are a family of 6 and I hate trying to locate a table with kids and day bags in tow. The Enchanted Garden does not have as many options as the food goes, but we enjoyed it.

The Enchanted Garden does not have as many options as the food goes, but we enjoyed it.
Really? I can't say I've ever missed anything at EG. What don't they have?

Unless we board unusually early, we always go for the "full service" lunch on embarkation day. It's usually quieter, and as previous posters have said, it's nice to have a server attend to your drinks. :)

I guess I am glad people choose to do Enchanted Gardens and other place besides Cabanas. It's just a great way to get off on another cruise. If we have a big party, we generally obtain a table first, then get our food. love the views and then go out on deck afterward and sit by the ice-cream until 1:30.

So how busy is EG on embarkation day? I would think that many people would prefer this route, but maybe not.

So how busy is EG on embarkation day? I would think that many people would prefer this route, but maybe not.
We've encountered a 10 minute or so wait but we've also been able to just walk in at other times.

Yes, will the same things as you'll find at Cabana. You just don't need to get your own drinks.

Does it have shrimp and crab? Since seeing pictures, this has been what I've been craving.

On a related note, are shrimp and crab only available on that first lunch or every day?

We do this as a regular thing on boarding day. We prefer not having to wander around trying to find a vacant table. Its also nice to have somebody bring you your beverages.

Same here. I hate going to Cabanas on Embarkation Day. We've never had to wait to be seated.

Last edited:
I had read a recommendation to do lunch at EG on the boards, so we went there last time instead of Cabanas and greatly enjoyed it. It wasn't crowded, there was plenty of room for our carry-ons, and the food was decent. I have never done Cabanas on embarkation day (that was our first Disney cruise), so I can't really compare it to that.

Does it have shrimp and crab? Since seeing pictures, this has been what I've been craving.

On a related note, are shrimp and crab only available on that first lunch or every day?

Shrimp and crab are available everyday in Cabanas, I set a goal to eat 100 shrimp on every cruise but still haven't reached it yet. I'll just keep cruising until I do. Hopefully I'll never reach it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter