Lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table

lovemejc

Earning My Ears
Anyone eaten at the Royal Table for lunch? Just wondering how the lunch food was. Didn't appear to be a great menu. Any input appreciated!

Love it!! It's by far our favorite meal on property.

DH and DS13 get the Major Domo's Favorite Pie, DS9 and I get the pan seared Salmon with Risotto. The appetizer samplings are delish! The dessert is now a cheesecake or a sorbet, both very good.

We really enjoyed our lunch there. The Major Domo's pie was very good! I really prefer the lunch menu at CRT to the breakfast.:)

We've done both Breakfast and Lunch at CRT, several times, and much prefer the lunch. Of course I just LOVE the Major Domo's pie so that might influence our decision. It's a nice lunch, cute little ceremony, we keep going back so it must be good.

I wanted to do lunch here but the only thing even remotely appetizing to me is the major domo's pie, and someone posted the recipe awhile back and it listed mushrooms as an ingrediant :sick: SO now I don't know what to do. I can't just pick them out. There too gross and slimy.

I totally forgot I have pictures of our food!!! Yes, yes I'm weird but I'm willing to share if you'd like to see them.

I totally forgot I have pictures of our food!!! Yes, yes I'm weird but I'm willing to share if you'd like to see them.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who takes food pictures! DH thinks I am crazy when I pull out the camera and make him let me take a picture before he dives in! :rotfl:

DS13 was really impressed with the pics because he said they looked like the cover of a magazine. Let me dig them up and post.

Salmon with Jasmine rice (I forgot they changed that)
DSC_0462.jpg

Major Domo's Favorite Pie
DSC_0463.jpg

Kid's Sundae
DSC_0485.jpg

Chocolate cheesecake dessert
DSC_0486.jpg

rice cream with dried fruit
DSC_0489.jpg

I also wanted to have a meal here but nothing on the menu really seemed like something we would like and I think it was dinner that they has chicken strips for DD and I just had a hard time spending $35 on chicken strips. :eek:

here is the recipe. It's shaved beef on top of mashed potatoes, op top of a puffed pastry. The only real down side to this meal is DS13 says it's very rich so you can easily get very full

Major Domo's Favorite Pie
from Cinderella's Royal Table, Magic Kingdom
Servings: 4
4 each Puff pastry shells, baked
1/2 batch Cabernet Sauce (below)
1/2 batch Red skinned mashed potatoes
1 1/2 pounds cooked shaved beef (we use prime rib, below)
1/2 batch Aioli (below)
1 1/2 pints Sautéed vegetables (we use red pepper, spinach, mushrooms and yellow squash)

Re-heat the shaved beef in the cabernet sauce.
Hollow out the middle of the puff pastry shells.
Fill shells with red skinned mashed, top with hot shaved beef.
Spoon the mixed vegetables on top of the beef.
Using a ketchup bottle filled with aioli, squirt a zig-zag pattern of aioli over the top of your creation.

Aioli - (serves 8)
4 each Garlic cloves, mashed
2 each Egg yolks
1/8 tsp Salt
1 cup Olive oil
1 tsp Vinegar
1 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice

Beat eggs until very thick and lemon colored. Beat in mashed garlic and salt. Beating constantly, add olive oil, VERY SLOWLY. After about half the oil has been added and the mixture is thickening, add vinegar, and lemon juice. The continue adding olive oil slowly, beating until the thick emulsion is formed.

Cabernet Sauce - Servings: 12
1 pint Cabernet Sauvignon
3 each Shallot, minced
1 quart Demi glace
2 tablespoons Sugar
2 tablespoons Cracked Black Pepper
2 tablespoons Heavy cream
1 tablespoon Butter
Saute shallots in butter, add cabernet and reduce by half.
Add demi-glace and reduce by a third.
Add sugar, black pepper, and heavy cream; strain and serve.

Red Skinned Mashed Potato - Servings: 12
4 1/8 pounds Red potatoes, washed
3 tablespoons Chives, cut into 2" pieces
1 cup Milk
1 cup Heavy cream
3 tablespoons Butter, cut in large chunks
1/2 teaspoon Granulated garlic
Salt and pepper
Place potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water. Boil potatoes until they are cooked thoroughly and mash. Add heavy cream, butter and milk and incorporate. Season, garnish with chives and serve.

Roasted Prime Rib
Servings: 8
Preparation time: 15 minutes
7 pounds Beef rib eye roast
3/4 cup Kosher salt
3/4 cup Black pepper, cracked
Combine salt and pepper; rub evenly over surface of beef rib roast. Place roast, fat side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer into thickest part of roast, not touching fat.
Do not add water. Do not cover.
Roast in 350 degrees F (moderate) oven to desired degree of doneness.
Allow 18 to 20 minutes per pound for rare; 20 to 22 minutes per pound for medium. Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 125 degrees F for rare; 135 degrees F for medium.
Cover roast with aluminum foil tent and allow to stand 15 to 20 minutes.

Here is the recipe. This was posted on my thread by "Seahunt" (thanks!!)
Here's the actual recipe to help you decide if you would like it or not

Recipe
Major Domo’s Favorite Pie

Cinderella’s Royal Table
Yield: Serves 4

4 each Puff pastry shells, baked

½ batch Cabernet sauce (recipe below)

½ batch Red Skinned Mashed Potatoes (recipe below)

1 ½ pounds Beef, cooked and shaved (use prime rib)

½ batch Aioli (recipe below)

1 ½ pints Vegetables, sautéed (red pepper, spinach, mushrooms, and yellow squash)

Method:

1. Reheat the shaved beef in the cabernet sauce.

2. Hollow out the middle of the puff pastry shells.

3. Fill shells with red-skinned mashed potatoes, top with hot shaved beef.

4. Spoon the mixed vegetables on top of the beef.

5. Using a ketchup bottle filled with Aioli, squirt a zigzag pattern of Aioli over the top of your creation.

Cabernet Sauce (serves 12)

1 pint Cabernet sauvignon

3 each Shallot, minced

1 quart Demi Glace

2 tbsp Sugar

2 tbsp Cracked Black Pepper

2 tbsp Heavy Cream

1 tbsp Butter

Method:

1. Sauté shallots in butter, add cabernet, and reduce by half.

2. Add Demi-Glace and reduce by a third.

3. Add sugar, black pepper, and heavy cream – strain and serve.

Aioli (serves 8)

4 each Garlic cloves, mashed

2 each Egg yolks

1/8 tsp Salt

1 cup Olive oil

1 tsp Vinegar

1 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice

Method:

Beat eggs until very thick and lemon colored. Beat in mashed garlic and salt. Beating constantly, add olive oil, VERY SLOWLY. After about half the oil has been added and the mixture is thickening, add vinegar, and lemon juice. The continue adding olive oil slowly, beating until the thick emulsion is formed.

Red Skinned Mashed Potatoes (serves 12)

4 1/8 pounds Red Potatoes (washed)

3 tbsp Chives (cut into 2” pieces)

1 cup Milk

1 cup Heavy Cream

3 tbsp Butter (cut into large chunks)

½ tbsp Granuated Garlic

Salt and Pepper to taste

Method:

1. Place potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water.

2. Boil potatoes until they are cooked thoroughly and mash.

3. Add heavy cream, butter, and milk, and incorporate together.

4. Fold in roasted root vegetables.

5. Season, garnish with chives and serve.

If you ever wonder what's in a meal at Disney, either for dietary reasons or for foods you don't like check out our recipe catalog. I believe they are all "official" disney recipes, not copies.

Index:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1777635

recipes:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1575103

Thanks for that link! That is going to come in so handy to me because I am SO SO picky and I need to see if there are going to be-gag-mushrooms in something before I'll try it!

Sheesh! There goes my secret. Now everyone will stop wanting to waste their money on a mediocre breakfast to eat great food at lunch with the princesses! The dinner menu, in fact, is even better, but no princesses. My dw is very picky yet loved the pie. I had the salmon, equally good. The domo pie is like a fancy pot roast. Plus, the lunch time is great because you can plow through the park in the morning, have a great meal, then pack out to relax at the resort while everyone else has cs and then drudges around the park all afternoon! Summary-skip the breakfast, get the lunch adr. I would be very surprised if you regret it.

Thanks for that link! That is going to come in so handy to me because I am SO SO picky and I need to see if there are going to be-gag-mushrooms in something before I'll try it!

not every meal is on there but close to it.
And I don't think you even notice the mushrooms in the pie, I'll ask DS when he comes home from school.

I agree that the lunch food is fabulous. I had the pie last year and it was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter