Luna Park was freezing

wtg2000

DIS Veteran
We stayed at BWI Feb 29-Mar 3 and while the quiet pools were toasty warm, the water at Luna Park was absolutely frigid. Is this normal? Are any of those pools heated? The quiet pools, especially the one in DVC area felt like they were. Even kids wouldn't go in. I heard one kid yell, "but it's freezing in here." I had hoped to try the Keister Coaster but I chickened out after sticking my toe in the pool!

The Grotto Pool at the Dolphin was freezing from 2/19-2/26 also. But being hearty New Englanders, we swam anyway!

All of the BW pools are supposed to be heated. They did announce that they were doing some maintenence in the BWV (surrounding Luna Park) and that these had something to do with water, so perhaps you got unlucky with the days there.

But hey, I am with Divamoto, anthing in Florida, at any time is warmer than the waters in Maine where I grew up (Maine waters fluctuate between "wicked cold" to "tolerable" to "bathwater"; the latter is the only level most non-Mainers will go in :teeth: )

We were there from 2/21-2/29 and my son, BIL and neice and nephew swam several times, and the water was just fine...and heated.

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter