• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lumberjack show in EPCOT to be "axed" after the holidays?!

I hope this is true. We didn't care for it. I was really peeved they did away with MoRockin. That was my favorite!

So is there a holiday version of the lumberjack show? :santa:

Seriously, it needs to go.

So is there a holiday version of the lumberjack show? :santa:

Seriously, it needs to go.

Last year they took the Lumberjacks away over Christmas and then brought them back again. Which is why I'm a little cautious on any rumors about them being gone until we get to January.

We watched parts of the show in August as we passed by. It seemed better then I remembered. Did they get rid of the chainsaws? I didn't hear any noise.

Last year they took the Lumberjacks away over Christmas and then brought them back again. Which is why I'm a little cautious on any rumors about them being gone until we get to January.

1) Alas, you have a valid point.
2) Kind of like watching a Cleveland Browns football game.
3) We get all excited and start to celebrate.
4) Then, the other shoe drops.

Last edited:
We watched parts of the show in August as we passed by. It seemed better then I remembered. Did they get rid of the chainsaws? I didn't hear any noise.
What did they do if they didn't have chainsaws? Did they just use axes?

The musical act was fine but it was there for too many years. It's nice that the WS changes the entertainment and replaces the stale acts.

Hopefully they relace it with something interesting. We saw a lumberjack show at the fair and it was just as interesting or more than the show at Epcot.

If they are going to replace the lumberjack show it would be neat if they replaced with a show based around the First People of Canada. Could be a storyteller, dancers or musicians.

The show is bad. Like really bad! But its not totally their fault. The concept is good, just that space is to small for it. I think it would do better in a space maybe 5 times the size. Somewhere they could make the show more on a grand scale

This past year I have had two reasons to just walk on past the Canadian Pavilion; LeCellier and the lumberjack show. :rotfl: I hope this is true about the lumberjack show going away. I watched 5 minutes of that show this past summer and unfortunately it's 300 seconds of my life I'll never get back again. :lmao:

The music acts in EPCOT are simply special. I hope they only replace music shows with music shows from here on!

Thank God. Lumberjacks just doesn't fit in Epcot, but really does anything these days? Bring back all original future world too:thanks:.

Problem also lies with Disney, they could care less about real artists they want cheap cheap cheap labour. People aren't going to stop coming to WDW because some show or artist. Unfortunate for us who enjoy other things then just rides. Good talent is part of the overall experience.

Last edited:
Lumberjacks just doesn't fit in Epcot. Problem also lies with Disney, they could care less about real artists they want cheap cheap cheap labour. People aren't going to stop coming to WDW because some show or artist. Unfortunate for us who enjoy other things then just rides. Good talent is part of the overall experience.

These lumberjacks could be considered professional athletes, if they compete. Regardless of if they do or not, to insinuate that they aren't talented is disrespectful to them. Disney could of just let Off-Kilter go and got another equally talented band for cheaper; instead they tried to diversify the World Showcase. The timber trade and fur trade were a part of Canada's development and it does have a place in Epcot. I would of preferred something representing the First People of Canada, but lumberjacks seem to get people to stop. Similarly with B’net Al Houwariyate they went for a more traditional sound over a globalized one. The Sbandieratori seem to be an unpopular act despite being a part of Italian history. Though I think with limited space, numbers, and lack of explanation it diminishes their talent.

Did the lumberjack competitors (or entertainers) get paid actor's equity rates, or whatever unionized rate that skilled singers and acrobats get paid in a show such as Festival of the Lion King?

Most likely, Off Kilter were paid according to musician's union rates as I assume all live musicians are paid in WDW ... whose hourly rate is quite high, many times higher than minimum wage.

If the lumberjacks aren't paid the higher, unionized performers rates then I would say that, in spite of their talent and dedication, the change from Off Kilter was probably a cost-saving move on the part of Disney.

There are other factors ... like insurance for people who are rolling logs and working with chain saws, and the costs of the stage, props, etc. So this is only a guess.

Kind of an off-the-wall choice overall, but I'll cut them some slack for trying to introduce something that's at least a genuine (stereotypical) Canadian entertainment. Probably a first nations show wouldn't work because aboriginal people would be sensitive to being stereotyped or disrespected by being part of a commoditized entertainment act where the bottom line is the only line. The rest of Canadian culture is hardly distinguishable from American culture EXCEPT for the Celtic-rock type of shows such as Off Kilter or similar bands from Quebec so ... there are not too many original choices available to Disney.

I'm sure cost was a major part of the calculation, but really these sorts of shows should be changed every one or two years. They're not a primary draw (for the vast majority of guests) but are an easy way to keep the world showcase feeling fresh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter