Lumber Liquidators 99 cent oak flooring

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by DawnM, Jul 11, 2007.

1. DawnM

DawnM Dawn

Has anyone done this?

DH is worried that it won't look nice enough, but I think any decent wood flooring is nicer than 19 year old used to be white carpet! :lmao:

Thoughts?

Dawn

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Imzadi

Imzadi Saved by an angel in a trenchcoat

I'm with you on that! What if you only buy a small amount to look at? This way, even with the shipping, it's less money you're tossing away than if you buy a huge shipment you can't stand. :p

4. DawnM

DawnM Dawn

Yeah, definitely an idea. I even thought of just getting enough for the closet so at least we wouldn't be wasting it if we don't like it.

Dawn

5. mrsklamc

mrsklamc <font color=blue>I apologize in advance, but what

I have only heard good things about their quality, and perhaps they would send you a sample for cheap? Is there a brick and mortar store anywhere near you?

6. pjlla

pjlla DIS Veteran

Keep in mind that this is UTILITY grade flooring... and it is unfinished. We have seen the sample in person and even the cheapo-budgetminded person that I am wouldn't really be happy with it. (And by the time you finish it, it may cost as much as a lower end finished flooring or laminate.) And we are in the same boat as you..... wanting to replace 13 y/o "used to be beige" carpet. But for the amount of work involved in putting it in, I will wait and spend a bit more. I would consider it for a "rec" room or something like that maybe, but not all over in my home. I think you should reconsider your options.........................P (To give you an idea, it is very rough and knotty.)

7. DawnM

DawnM Dawn

What does utility grade mean?

DH won't even consider laminate and it wouldn't sell well in our area.

I don't mind pre-finished but I want actual wood, not 1/4 inch top on pressboard pasted together.

Maybe I will need to go in and take a look. I don't want knotty and uneven, but I do want 2" real wood that can be refinished several times if necessary. We don't mind unfinished.

Dawn