• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Luke's Wish Trip May 16-22

I forgot to say that our return flight is at 8 am, so we will have to up at like 4 or 5am to get to the airport, return the rental car and get through security. I am really hoping to get this changed.

There was also no info in the packet regarding our character meal at Chef Mickeys. If she forgot to make the reservation, what are my chances of getting one at this point?

Do we need a car seat for my son in the limo? Will they provide it? We are taking one for my daughter because she will sit in it on the plane, but weren't planning on taking one for him. Will we need it in the rental car or will they have them? Do wish families typically get a mini van as their rental? We only have 2 children, but will have way too much stuff to fit in a car.

Sorry so many questions.

I forgot to say that our return flight is at 8 am, so we will have to up at like 4 or 5am to get to the airport, return the rental car and get through security. I am really hoping to get this changed.

There was also no info in the packet regarding our character meal at Chef Mickeys. If she forgot to make the reservation, what are my chances of getting one at this point?

Do we need a car seat for my son in the limo? Will they provide it? We are taking one for my daughter because she will sit in it on the plane, but weren't planning on taking one for him. Will we need it in the rental car or will they have them? Do wish families typically get a mini van as their rental? We only have 2 children, but will have way too much stuff to fit in a car.

Sorry so many questions.

I think you still should be able to get into Chef Mickey's if you explain you are on a Wish trip. I have read that others on this board have been able to do so. As for the limo, I have never ridden in one, but my 8 year old was just in one for her Aunt's wedding and the first thing that she said when she got out was that there were no seat belts. She is very into safety.

I think you will have a fabulous trip! :wizard:

Sorry so many questions.

Oh, I hope you can get your flight back changed! :goodvibes

I would call your wish granters about Chef Mickeys...in case they just forgot. And I agree with kdzbear that you should be able to get in (we were able to) by telling them you are on a wish trip. You should also try to shoot for an "off" time, if you try to get squeezed in!

And I would call wish granters about the car seat, too. Sometimes they provide one, but I think it is worked out in advance...

I do think you will probably get a van...but you may want to ask about that, too...

Gosh. I think I was able to answer NONE of your questions!

But hopefully your wish granters can answer some for ya! :) Let us know how that all turns out. :)

I talked to our wish coordinator. She says she has been working on booking the Chef Mickey meal and hasn't been able to get in. She said they told her Make-A-Wish has no priority over anyone else. She said she will continue to try. I am going to start calling also. I actually called today and got a reservation for breakfast at Crystal Palace. This will be exciting because it looks like the only place you can see the Pooh characters, and it is another one I was kind of hoping to go to. What are the chances of getting into a character meal if we just walk in and say we are with Make-A-Wish, has anyone ever tried this? I thought I read where someone else had walked into CRT and were able to get seated. I may try this.
She also said she will check on the flight, but I don't feel too optimistic about it. She actually had just called me 2-3 weeks ago to ask if we needed a seat for my 18 month old, so that is probably why we got such an early flight, she waited so long to book it.
Besides Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace, what other character meals are great for a 4 year old and an 18 month old?

Michelle

Ok, I have my "must do" list for Magic Kingdom (I think we will have to spend more than one day here). This is the park that is more age-appropriate for my kids I think. While there are a few things at the other parks that are geared toward children of pre-k age, this one by far has the most.

Magic Kingdom Must Do List

-Main Street USA
· WDW Railroad – 20 minute ride
· Horse-drawn trolleys
· Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Parade

-Adventureland (like a tropical island)
· Jungle Cruise
· Magic Carpets of Aladdin
· Swiss Family Treehouse – play area
· Character Greeting - Character CongOasis (across from the
Enchanted Tiki Room)

-Frontierland
· Big Thunder Mtn.- train roller coaster
· Splash Mtn.- water ride (similar to log flume)
· Tom Sawyer Island- maybe not, only accessible by raft. Lines to
return may be long.
· Woody’s Cowboy Camp – street show, check schedule for times.
· Character Greeting – Splash Mtn. Courtyard

-Mickey’s Toontown Fair
· The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm- 35”, less than a minute,
tame roller coaster.
· Donald’s Boat- will get wet, play area
· Mickey’s Country House
· Minnie’s Country House
· Judge’s Tent- Mickey always there for pics
· Toontown Hall of Fame- Disney characters to meet, stand in separate
line for each.
· Character watch: A great place to locate those "hard to find"
characters is next to the train station stop in Mickey's Toontown Fair.

-Fantasy Land
· Ariel’s Grotto- Little Mermaid there to sign autographs. Water area for
kids to play in.
· Cinderella’s Golden Carrousel
· Dumbo Ride
· It’s A Small World- slow boat ride.
· The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
· Pooh’s Playful Spot- play area
· Mickey’s Philharmagic- Mickey and lots of Disney characters- great
show
· Peter Pan’s Flight

-Tomorrowland
· Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
· Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor- funny show
· Tomorrowland Speedway- rides in little cars

-Fireworks/Shows
· Wishes- fireworks, nightly at 9 or 10 (depending on whether
Spectromagic is going on). Cinderella castle
· Spectromagic- 20 minute light show, fiber optics, etc.
· Dreams Come True Parade- daily at 3:00pm

I talked to our wish coordinator. She says she has been working on booking the Chef Mickey meal and hasn't been able to get in. She said they told her Make-A-Wish has no priority over anyone else. She said she will continue to try. I am going to start calling also. I actually called today and got a reservation for breakfast at Crystal Palace. This will be exciting because it looks like the only place you can see the Pooh characters, and it is another one I was kind of hoping to go to. What are the chances of getting into a character meal if we just walk in and say we are with Make-A-Wish, has anyone ever tried this? I thought I read where someone else had walked into CRT and were able to get seated. I may try this.
She also said she will check on the flight, but I don't feel too optimistic about it. She actually had just called me 2-3 weeks ago to ask if we needed a seat for my 18 month old, so that is probably why we got such an early flight, she waited so long to book it.
Besides Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace, what other character meals are great for a 4 year old and an 18 month old?

Michelle

I would call every day to try to get Chef Mickeys...and then if you decide you want to just hop on the monorail and try to get in, I would go on an "off" time...either early or later for a meal and you are more likely to get in.

We called the ADR line the day of and were able to get in to Chef Mickey's...so that is always a possibility, too.

Nice people cancel their ADR's when they figure out that they won't be able to make it - so hopefully that will happen in your case.

Remember that you will be able to meet Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and lots of other characters at GKTW, too!

1900 Park Fare is a good choice, too. It is at the Grand Floridian.

One TR that you could read...is "that's nice" - this is his user name...he did a great TR and they have a little girl (who happens to be a cancer survivor) and they did EVERY character meal when they were there on a family vacation (regular vacation, not a wish trip - yet).

Here is a link to it...since it is not a wish trip, I don't have it on the Wish Trippers thread...but it is a great TR...lots of pics and even some great video!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2115466

Since you are leaving pretty soon, you may not have time to read that whole TR...so here is a link to another website and this is their Character Meals list...it is pretty comprehensive and includes prices and menus. :)

Link to Character Meal Info

I hope this helps some! :)

Your must do list for MK looks GREAT! :thumbsup2 Very comprehensive!

You guys are going to have a wonderful time! :goodvibes

I think this may be a half day park for us.

Islands of Adventure Must Do List

- Jurassic Park- Yes
· Pteranodon Flyers
· Camp Jurassic- play area
· Discovery Center- looks boring
· River Adventure- big maybe

- Seuss Landing- yes
· High in the Sky Trolley Train Ride- slow train
· 1 Fish, 2 Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish- similar to Dumbo
· Caro-Seuss-el
· If I ran the zoo- playground
· Cat in the Hat- spinning ride- maybe

- Port of Entry- good area for pics

- Toon Lagoon- maybe

- Marvel Super Hero Island - NO

Thank you Maroo. I will have to check out that TR (in my free time right:)).

I would call every day to try to get Chef Mickeys...and then if you decide you want to just hop on the monorail and try to get in, I would go on an "off" time...either early or later for a meal and you are more likely to get in.

We called the ADR line the day of and were able to get in to Chef Mickey's...so that is always a possibility, too.

Nice people cancel their ADR's when they figure out that they won't be able to make it - so hopefully that will happen in your case.

Remember that you will be able to meet Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and lots of other characters at GKTW, too!

1900 Park Fare is a good choice, too. It is at the Grand Floridian.

One TR that you could read...is "that's nice" - this is his user name...he did a great TR and they have a little girl (who happens to be a cancer survivor) and they did EVERY character meal when they were there on a family vacation (regular vacation, not a wish trip - yet).

Here is a link to it...since it is not a wish trip, I don't have it on the Wish Trippers thread...but it is a great TR...lots of pics and even some great video!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2115466

Since you are leaving pretty soon, you may not have time to read that whole TR...so here is a link to another website and this is their Character Meals list...it is pretty comprehensive and includes prices and menus. :)

Link to Character Meal Info

I hope this helps some! :)

Your must do list for MK looks GREAT! :thumbsup2 Very comprehensive!

You guys are going to have a wonderful time! :goodvibes

mlbarbian.....
I am here following along so if you have any specific questions let me know, I'll try to answer them!

1900 Park Fair breakfast is good too. You get to see Pooh and Tigger there. But if you have a ressie at CP, I'd just stick with that.

Don't know if you are planning on going to DHS, but Hollywood & Vine has the Playhouse Disney breakfast and lunch. If your kids watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins, or any other morning cartoons on Disney, your kids should like it. They play music from all the shows and they have Jojo, Goliath, Leo and June. They have a parade with the kids and they do some dancing with them as well.

Thank you, I'm sure I will have questions. I am starting to feel much better now that I have a better idea of what each park has to offer, and which things will be relevant for our group. It looks like many of the parks could be half days for us, just not a whole lot for the little ones.

I am going to have to check out your TR, sounds like it was a good one :).

mlbarbian.....
I am here following along so if you have any specific questions let me know, I'll try to answer them!

1900 Park Fair breakfast is good too. You get to see Pooh and Tigger there. But if you have a ressie at CP, I'd just stick with that.

Don't know if you are planning on going to DHS, but Hollywood & Vine has the Playhouse Disney breakfast and lunch. If your kids watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins, or any other morning cartoons on Disney, your kids should like it. They play music from all the shows and they have Jojo, Goliath, Leo and June. They have a parade with the kids and they do some dancing with them as well.

Here are the rest of them, am I missing anything at the parks that you would suggest we do. At this point, I am thinking we will skip AK. Luke has never really cared much about animals. We had a zoo membership when he was younger (I know he's only 4 :)), and he could take it or leave it. I used it more for the exercise walking up and down the hills. If we have any spare time, we may do it.

Disney Hollywood Studios Must Do List

· Luigi’s Garage- Lightning McQueen and Towmater- picture
· Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure- play area
· Playhouse Disney Live On Stage!- 20 min.
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Little Einsteins
· Toy Story Mania
· Voyage of the Little Mermaid- 15 min. musical stage production
· Block Party Bash- 3:00pm daily, interactive
· Beauty and the Beast- Live on Stage- 30 minute show
· Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
· Muppet Vision 3D- maybe
· Star Wars- seat moves, virtual
· Fantasmic- lightshow, maybe too scary for little kids? 9pm on Sun, Wed, Thurs.

Epcot Must Do List

- Future World
· The Sea w/ Nemo- Turtle Talk w/ Crush
Bruce’s Shark World- take pic in shark’s mouth
· Test Track- drive over diff. surfaces, test brakes, etc.
· Soarin- sit in seats that lift up and see a movie screen, scenery- maybe
· Honey, I Shrunk the Audience- maybe
· Spaceship Earth- maybe?

- World Showcase- skip it unless both kids fall asleep in the strollers.

Animal Kingdom Must Do List

· Kilimanjaro Safaris- 18 minute safari, bumpy ride
· Festival of the Lion King- 30 minute show
· The Boneyard- discovery oriented playground
· Triceratop Spin

Here are the rest of them, am I missing anything at the parks that you would suggest we do. At this point, I am thinking we will skip AK. Luke has never really cared much about animals. We had a zoo membership when he was younger (I know he's only 4 :)), and he could take it or leave it. I used it more for the exercise walking up and down the hills. If we have any spare time, we may do it.

Disney Hollywood Studios Must Do List

· Luigi’s Garage- Lightning McQueen and Towmater- picture
· Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure- play area Really fun play area. First thing my DD asks to do once we walk into DHS is to play here. She remembers it all the time.
· Playhouse Disney Live On Stage!- 20 min. Cute show. DD loves it
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, Little Einsteins
· Toy Story Mania Do this at ropedrop or get FP's once you walk into DHS
· Voyage of the Little Mermaid- 15 min. musical stage production We haven't done the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. We have heard that it could be scary. Most of the show is in virtual darkness.
· Block Party Bash- 3:00pm daily, interactive
· Beauty and the Beast- Live on Stage- 30 minute show Great show. Basically the whole story in 20 minutes
· Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show Yet to see it
· Muppet Vision 3D- maybe Muppet Vision- If you are pressed for time. I'd skip it (and I am a Big Muppets fan)
· Star Wars- seat moves, virtual Cool ride.
· Fantasmic- lightshow, maybe too scary for little kids? 9pm on Sun, Wed, Thurs. Your son should be fine. Your DD might be startled.

In the Streets of America section, next to Studio Catering you can see Mike & Sully from Monsters Inc.

Epcot Must Do List

- Future World
· The Sea w/ Nemo- Turtle Talk w/ Crush Must Do!!
Bruce’s Shark World- take pic in shark’s mouth
· Test Track- drive over diff. surfaces, test brakes, etc.
· Soarin- sit in seats that lift up and see a movie screen, scenery- maybe Great ride. Don't know if your DS is tall enough. Mom and Dad have to do it though!!
· Honey, I Shrunk the Audience- maybe Never done it
· Spaceship Earth- maybe? I would do it. Don't do it first though. It will probably be busy in the morning. Should clear out later in the day
Figment- Is an OK ride but there are cool interactive games the kids might like after the ride. You can skip the ride and walk in the back and still do the games.
Living with the land- Is a short boat ride that shows different growing techniques. It is pretty cool my DD2 even liked it.
If you are going to do the world showcase and your kids are awake- they can do the KidCot stops. They might actually enjoy the world showcase!

- World Showcase- skip it unless both kids fall asleep in the strollers.

Animal Kingdom Must Do List

· Kilimanjaro Safaris- 18 minute safari, bumpy ride Go first thing in the morning
· Festival of the Lion King- 30 minute show Haven't seen this show at AK. Saw the Lion King on Broadway and loved it!
· The Boneyard- discovery oriented playground Cool playground to let the little one's blow off some steam
· Triceratop Spin The kids will like this

Camp Minnie-Mickey (it's right near Lion King)- You can see and get autographs from Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Donald. Plus there are usually a few others hanging around.
Nemo (the musical)- It is a little long (about 45 minutes) but it is a great show. We saw it this March and if your kids have ever seen the movie, I would think they would love it.

Thats what I can think of for now.
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/kidcot/ Here is a link that explains Kidcot and shows you where to find the stops.:goodvibes

I only have one thing to add to that's nice... :)

Great tips, by the way!! :)

You won't have to worry about making it to rope drop or going to the rides in any special order. You will have your button, which will get you in the fastpass entrance of any ride (sometimes even faster than fast pass).

Just make sure the CM sees it...and if they don't see it, show it to them.

This definitely goes for character lines, too. The CM's get really upset if they don't see your button and you wait in line. They really want you to be able to go fast through the parks so that you guys can rest as you need to and not miss any of the GKTW activities in the morning or evening. :thumbsup2

It is getting closer to the summer season and some of the CM's may be new (or summer program/short term staff) and not recognize the button right away...so you may need to find another CM if you end up wanting to ride something and there is a long standby wait.

Oh! WAIT!!! :scared1:

I don't see Finding Nemo on the AK list!?!

It may not be a "must do"...especially if you just don't have time (Lion King is definitely better)...but I LOVED Finding Nemo and I think your kids would love it, too!!

I would sit in the middle section and not too close to the front. The best seats are right behind the middle walkway (some of the show is on the walkway - the walkway parallel to the stage) in that front row.

Gosh...I wish I had a picture here...wait...I DO! Here is a visual aid...:lmao:

SarahDWTrip147-1.jpg

See...there is a whole section in front of me in this picture...most of the show is on the stage...

SarahDWTrip202-1.jpg

But some of the show would happen BEHIND you if you were in the front section...but if you are on the front row of the middle section, you get to see it quite close up! :eek: And see the whole show! :)

Lights, Motor Action show tip - This show is in direct sun. There is little shade. I saw it in August and even with a fan and a bottle of water I got sick from overheating. It is a long show and they have you sit in the stadium for about 15 minutes before the show starts as they pack you into the stadium like sardines. It is a cute show that is filled with action, but I would try to go at the earliest time possible to avoid the heat.

You won't have to worry about making it to rope drop or going to the rides in any special order. You will have your button, which will get you in the fastpass entrance of any ride (sometimes even faster than fast pass).

This definitely goes for character lines, too. The CM's get really upset if they don't see your button and you wait in line. They really want you to be able to go fast through the parks so that you guys can rest as you need to and not miss any of the GKTW activities in the morning or evening. :thumbsup2

It is getting closer to the summer season and some of the CM's may be new (or summer program/short term staff) and not recognize the button right away...so you may need to find another CM if you end up wanting to ride something and there is a long standby wait.

I thought this was the case based on what I have read, thank you Maroo.

Lights, Motor Action show tip - This show is in direct sun. There is little shade. I saw it in August and even with a fan and a bottle of water I got sick from overheating. It is a long show and they have you sit in the stadium for about 15 minutes before the show starts as they pack you into the stadium like sardines. It is a cute show that is filled with action, but I would try to go at the earliest time possible to avoid the heat.

Thank you for this tip. My son loves cars (all cars), and I think he will really like this show. We will have to plan to see this one first thing.

Thanks Maroo!

I always forget about the MAW button. I'm just a 'regular' planner... another year or two till we get Juliana's wish.:)

Thanks Maroo!

I always forget about the MAW button. I'm just a 'regular' planner... another year or two till we get Juliana's wish.:)

I do the same thing!! Especially now that I am planning "regular" trips!

It will be much harder to forget after you guys experience it! (Assuming that is her wish :goodvibes) :)

Michelle,

I have enjoyed your trip report and love the pix, your kids are sooo cute!

I just checked, before I head out to work, and the gift for your family is on the fedex truck for delivery.

I hope you have a wonderful trip and can't wait to read all about it when you get back.

Tracie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter