Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by DisneyTravelers2008, Feb 27, 2010.

1. DisneyTravelers2008

DisneyTravelers2008 Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)

Oct 14, 2009
    This probably seems like and odd question...but...what kind of luggage do you take on a cruise? I usually use the soft, quilted Vera Bradley bags (the large duffle bag) when I travel. Do I need a a "traditional " style suitcase? Do we carry it on or do we check it in like at the air port? Im such a cruise line newbie!!:thumbsup2 :rotfl2: :rotfl:
  2. tvguy

tvguy Question anything the facts don't support.

Dec 15, 2003
    Personal preference really. However, I just would never be comfortable with anything but hardsided luggage (with a luggage strap on it). Seen too many ripped softsided bags on airport baggage conveyor belts with stuff falling out.
    DW and I used to travel a lot and invested in a set of Delsey hardsided luggage back in 1984. They're scuffed and gouged and scraped up, but going strong 26 years later. Best I can recall they've been on 6 cruises and about 100 flights.
    About 2 months ago I was in the travel store I bought my suitcases from and asked the owner which is sold the most of. He said softsided by far. He said a lot of his customers want to make a fashion statement with their luggage so buy new luggage every few years!!!! Well, 26 year old hardsided luggage pretty much sum up my interest in fashion!!:lmao:
  3. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Dec 4, 2003
    It is totally your choice whether to check your luggage and have it delivered to your cabin or to carry it yourself. Most people check their large bags. There's also a huge difference between a 3 night cruise and a 14 night one!