• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Luggage?

DisneyTravelers2008

Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)
This probably seems like and odd question...but...what kind of luggage do you take on a cruise? I usually use the soft, quilted Vera Bradley bags (the large duffle bag) when I travel. Do I need a a "traditional " style suitcase? Do we carry it on or do we check it in like at the air port? Im such a cruise line newbie!!:thumbsup2 :rotfl2: :rotfl:

Personal preference really. However, I just would never be comfortable with anything but hardsided luggage (with a luggage strap on it). Seen too many ripped softsided bags on airport baggage conveyor belts with stuff falling out.
DW and I used to travel a lot and invested in a set of Delsey hardsided luggage back in 1984. They're scuffed and gouged and scraped up, but going strong 26 years later. Best I can recall they've been on 6 cruises and about 100 flights.
About 2 months ago I was in the travel store I bought my suitcases from and asked the owner which is sold the most of. He said softsided by far. He said a lot of his customers want to make a fashion statement with their luggage so buy new luggage every few years!!!! Well, 26 year old hardsided luggage pretty much sum up my interest in fashion!!:lmao:

It is totally your choice whether to check your luggage and have it delivered to your cabin or to carry it yourself. Most people check their large bags. There's also a huge difference between a 3 night cruise and a 14 night one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter