luggage with canned or bottled pop

germ539

Goofy is my favorite
Didn't know if this was covered anywhere or not, but can you put canned or bottled pop (in a big ziploc so if it was to explode):scared1: in your luggage to go down with you. We prefer pepsi and was going to take some with us if it would work when we fly SW.

You could, I personally wouldnt. It will get pretty shook up and if it didn't explode in the suitcase it would likely explode when you opened it later.
Why not order some to be delivered? Garden grocer if you want other things or amazon if you just want the soda.

I would not try it. I'd be worried about pressure/temperature changes.

I prefer Pepsi myself, but when we can't get a grocery run in, I'll suffer through Coke.

I wouldn't. I would just get it delivered or find a coke product that you can tolerate for a while.

It won't explode because of pressure or temperature changes, but luggage is handled very roughly.

If you issist on packing it, please double bag it and make sure that it is completely surrounded by clothing that will absorb anything that still gets through. That way, you'll (hopefully) only ruin your own things if something goes wrong.

I never recommend packing any carbonated drinks in checked luggage...just too much room for error!!! Do you really want to deal with the subsequent mess if they do explode?? Sure, wrapping in towels and ziploc baggies help, but if they do explode, there can still be a nasty mess.
I would rather just use an online grocery delivery service. Yes, it's a bit more expensive, but if you really just have to have the Pepsi products, that's the way to go. Or, just make do with Coke products for the brief time you're there. My travel buddy much prefers Pepsi, but has to make do when in WDW.

it is not a problem to put canned pop in your checked luggage the whole plane is presurized even where the cargo goes have to remember they put dogs and cats down there and if they make it ok than the pop will be fine

it is not a problem to put canned pop in your checked luggage the whole plane is presurized even where the cargo goes have to remember they put dogs and cats down there and if they make it ok than the pop will be fine

Right - pressure isn't a problem, but have you seen how luggage is handled? There are thousands of videos on YouTube.

Right - pressure isn't a problem, but have you seen how luggage is handled? There are thousands of videos on YouTube.

This. Luggage is tossed around quite a bit. If you have a rental car, I would just pick some up when you got down there or purchase some from the hotel gift shop or use a grocery delivery service such as wegoshop.

We did it once & all bottles arrived safely.

We bought a really inexpensive small suitcase and only packed the soda bottles in it. We packed them in ziplocs & added a few scrunched up plastic shopping bags as cushion.

I wouldn't worry about the pressurization but I would about two things: 1) luggage handling and 2) weight. There are hefty charges for overweight luggage.

I wouldn't worry about the pressurization but I would about two things: 1) luggage handling and 2) weight. There are hefty charges for overweight luggage.

I agree, especially with the weight thing. Bottles of pop can put you over very quickly.

Duds

I've put bottles of soda in my checked luggage bags before, traveling on 2 flights 10 hours time coast-to-coast. I put them in multiple bags and then used packing tape around the entire thing (I was pretty paranoid about it busting). But it made it! I don't know if I would risk bringing cans though..

What is pop? :confused: I thought on this board, pop is a Disney value resort.

Oh.... do you mean soda??

No they mean pop

According to this page here where people call it the right term.

http://popvssoda.com/

smalldrawnpop.gif

If it were some odd brand that were your favorite, it MIGHT be worth packing a couple bottles. But, even in "Coke country" you should have no trouble finding all the Pepsi you can drink.

Since the term "pop" has brought some interesting conversation, I've posted a poll on the term used and another poll on what kind of "pop" you like. Hope you can visit these polls and voice your thoughts.

Both are on the "community board".

:surfweb:

Just came back yesterday with two diet coke cans in my luggage. They were fine.

Here it is not pop or soda, it is Coke. What kind of Coke do you want? A Sprite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter