Luggage transfers

aam23110

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone.
We are getting picked up by Towncar on our upcoming cruise. I was wondering if we have to get our luggage and bring it with us or does it go straight to the ship? If we have to bring it with us , do they have a spot on the ship where they can hold it for you or do you have to carry it with you until your room is ready?:confused3

Hi Everyone.
We are getting picked up by Towncar on our upcoming cruise. I was wondering if we have to get our luggage and bring it with us or does it go straight to the ship? If we have to bring it with us , do they have a spot on the ship where they can hold it for you or do you have to carry it with you until your room is ready?:confused3

The only way DCL will take your luggage to the ship is if you purchase DCL transfers...when you do that they send you DCL luggage tags which will indicate to the folks who transport the bags that those need to be taken to the truck for transport from the baggage carousel.

If you are taking your own transportation you do indeed have to claim your luggage and bring it with you in your vehicle. Once at the port you give your bags to porters to bring it to the ship....then your room host will put your bags outside your door for you. Bags are delivered all afternoon with latest about 5:30 or 6:00. This process is random meaning you don't know when you bag will arrive exactly. You would keep with you any bags that you might need....but if you don't think you need anything then you can give all your bags to the porters. The porters do expect a tip...usually $2 per bag thereabouts.

Now, some have reported that DCL will transport your luggage for you for a fee if you bring it to the DCL bus desk at the airport. I forget how much it to do this as I have no first hand experience with it.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter