Luggage transfer

wdwdano@yahoo.com

Theme Park Commando
 We are staying at bay lake tower for one day. We are then transferring the Saratoga Springs treehouses. Could we transfer our luggage from Bay Lake Tower to Saratoga Springs so the only check and we can have our luggage delivered to our treehouse? The day we check into treehouses we're going to food and wine festival. Would be great to just show up at the resort and then go right back to Epcot after checking in that afternoon. I've already checked in online but I know you have to show up to get your keys.

How does that all work?

When I've split stays, I've just brought our bags to Bell Services the morning we check out of the first resort and tell them we are checking into the second resort that day. They put tags on the bags with the second resort's name.

We go to the parks, spend the day as usual, then check in to the second resort that afternoon/evening. Usually the bags have already arrived, but sometimes we beat them there, just like when you use ME and arrive before the bags. Then Bell Services brings them to the room.

I hate to repeat what someone else has said, but sometimes it just "feels" more true if you have more than one person telling you the same thing. ;-)

Yes -- give the bags to Bell Services before you leave the first resort and tell them where you're going in terms of the second resort. Enjoy your day and, at some point, your bags will end up at the second resort. Obviously, try to make sure all parties are in agreement as to where your second resort is going to be -- don't just run off and hope Bell Services will look up your name and find the second reservation -- but it won't take very long and you can then relax and go to Epcot with no worries.

Just to also add to the comments above you can also if you don't want to lug your stuff down call bell services and they'll collect your stuff in your room. For BLT you will need to go to the Contemporary if you are dropping off luggage yourself (We just did this a couple weeks ago) to receive your luggage at the Treehouses though you will need to be in your villa, it's not like DME they won't deliver if you aren't there. I've never tested this theory as Bell Services have always told me to ensure to be in the room.

Just to also add to the comments above you can also if you don't want to lug your stuff down call bell services and they'll collect your stuff in your room. For BLT you will need to go to the Contemporary if you are dropping off luggage yourself (We just did this a couple weeks ago) to receive your luggage at the Treehouses though you will need to be in your villa, it's not like DME they won't deliver if you aren't there. I've never tested this theory as Bell Services have always told me to ensure to be in the room.

Yes, you have to be in your room to receive your luggage because a tip is expected. Generally you luggage arrives and once you get your room, you call to have it brought up. We've done this several times. We tip on both ends because we have two different set of CMs taking care of it. Last time was from OKW to BCV.

Glad this was posted, I'm doing a split stay next year and was curious how this would work.

Regarding a split stay, can you do the online checkin for both stays at 10 days prior to checkin like you would for a standard single resort stay?

Glad this was posted, I'm doing a split stay next year and was curious how this would work.

Regarding a split stay, can you do the online checkin for both stays at 10 days prior to checkin like you would for a standard single resort stay?

Online check in can now be done 60 days prior to check in. And yes if you were doing online check for a split stay you would check in twice online, once for each resort.

I am also planning to do a split stay in Feb with just DD. We are staying 2 nights at AKV and then moving to BLT. I was thinking of taking a taxi in the a.m. and taking our luggage to BLT (Contemporary??), checking in at the front desk there and then go to MK.

Is that a good idea? I figure we can go get our luggage when we are notified that our room is ready and bring it up ourselves.

I am also planning to do a split stay in Feb with just DD. We are staying 2 nights at AKV and then moving to BLT. I was thinking of taking a taxi in the a.m. and taking our luggage to BLT (Contemporary??), checking in at the front desk there and then go to MK.

Is that a good idea? I figure we can go get our luggage when we are notified that our room is ready and bring it up ourselves.

That is exactly what we did in June when we did a split stay. Paying the $20 for a taxi was well worth it in my eyes. That way when we got back to our resort when the room was ready we knew our luggage would be there when we needed it. Also no need to retrieve your luggage. Call bell services once you are in your room and they will bring it right up to you. We are planning on doing this again in May. We are doing a split stay between BCV and AKV. Can't wait!

That is exactly what we did in June when we did a split stay. Paying the $20 for a taxi was well worth it in my eyes. That way when we got back to our resort when the room was ready we knew our luggage would be there when we needed it. Also no need to retrieve your luggage. Call bell services once you are in your room and they will bring it right up to you. We are planning on doing this again in May. We are doing a split stay between BCV and AKV. Can't wait!

Thanks! :goodvibes

We did this over the summer when we did a split stay between Kidani and VWL. We had bell services pick up at our villa at kidani and received it later at VWL. We had perishables as well. We put those in separate bags and bell services kept those items refrigerated/frozen for us on "moving day" as well

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter