Luggage transfer question/between resorts.

Disneymommie

<font color=teal>Shares the magic with others<br><
We are staying one night in POP before checking into SSR for a week. I know they will transfer our luggage but here is my main question...

How reliable and trustworthy is it? I was planning on taking my laptop to download pics at the end of each day. Will it be safe during the resort switch? I do not want to carry it in the parks all day but am not sure I trust it to be left with the bell hops?

Could I bring it to SSR in the morning and have them put in it in the safe untill our room was ready? What should I do? I need it to dump pics onto because my memory card only hold 200 pics and a 10 day vaction means a lot more pics then that!!!!

I would not leave a laptop to be transferred between resorts. I would take that to SSR and have the Bell Staff store it until your room is ready.

Transferred luggage will often not be available until after 4:00pm, so be sure to have any essentials with you after to check out, but I have always transferred things like laptops personally. In all likelyhood it would be fine, but I'd rather handle that transfer myself.

Enjoy yor stay! :)

we are doing the same thing in two weeks but staying at BCV. just wondering since you are from nj too - are you flying in the night before (sat) because airfare was outrageous on sunday? i was told by a DVC rep that anything you want held at the POP will be taken care of until sent over to BCV the next morning since we have a late flight. just depends on how you feel about the desk service at Disney. i never have a problem leaving them with even my purse when i first arrive and going about the parks.

We are coming in by train. We always travel in a day early as not to lose any park time. We normally drive in though so this is the first time we have to transfer luggage without a car!

I will carry my laptop to SSR and have them store it for me! Thanks

Last year we transferred any/all electronic equipment (including laptop) personally. We were lucky enough to get into our room when we transferred, however we would have left it with bell services at that time.

In April I took a solo trip and stayed at Pop Century the first night and transferred to BWV for the rest of my trip. I too was concerned because I had my laptop with me. What I did which worked for me, was I put my laptop in my suitcase and then utilized the lock that came with the suitcase. This way my suitcase couldn't be opened while it was being transferred and stored at BWV until I returned. The day of the transfer I spent the entire day and night at Magic Kingdom and didn't return to BWV until 11pm/12am. I picked up my suitcase from Bell Services and went to my room and everything was intact including my laptop.

Good luck with whatever you decide and enjoy your trip!!!

~Marc

I thought about putting it in my luggage but was concerned about the handling, if the luggage was tossed around or knocked overring in transport.

I guess I will just carry it over to SSR and then goto the parks! Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter