Luggage to ship from Hyatt - NO DCL X-fers

Mickee

Mouseketeer
Can you put your bags out @ the Hyatt for the ship if you are not taking the transfers?? We have set up our own transfers.

:) If you have not purchased the transfers from DCL then NO, you can not..If you did then when you check-in they will direct you as what to do...If you have another way of getting to the port, then you should bring your luggage with you..

Thank You Mommasita
I kinda sorta figured that...but had to ask.
I was hoping for x amount of $$$$ and they would whisk them away...

::MickeyMo

You can always beg and plede with the truck drivers. We had a misforunate thing where we had 8 people in a limo and the lugguge did not fit. It just wasn't possible. Luckily the DCL truck had not left and we asked and they said okay. Not sure if they do it all the time. We did tip as well.

Tina

Thx Ourdogcisco

We'll have plenty of room, I hired a limo for the 4 of us, just thought I could avoid the hassle of taking them downstairs on the morning of.

Who collects it from inside the hotel, is it the drivers?? Or does the hotel staff take out to the truck?

When we checked in, the hotel staff gave us the information about leaving our luggage outside our door for pickup. I wonder how they knew were were on DCL -- we did not book transfers. Maybe I just told them in conversation. I didn't feel comfortable just leaving the luggage outside the doors without booking the transfers. I was afraid they may check the luggage with the passengers or something like that. The LAST thing I wanted was my luggage stuck at the hotel because I didn't want to carry it downstairs.

When we were getting into our car, we did see the BIG truck loading luggage -- it was packed full and the Disney bus was no where to be seen.

You CAN have the Hyatt/DCL transfer your luggage to the ship even if you are traveling separately. We have done this twice, January 04 and 05, and plan on doing it again for our 5th Disney cruise in Feb. 06. Before our last two cruises, I read similar messages on this board stating that the Hyatt/DCL will not transfer your luggage if you did not purchase DCL transfers. Before both cruises, I called the Hyatt in advance and was assured that you could indeed do luggage only transfers. When we got to the hotel both times, I again asked and was assured that we could do this. So, we did it and everything worked out great. I also confirmed this for our upcoming cruise. There really is no secret here (though I believe that Disney and the Hyatt do not want really promote this). When you check in, just tell them you are going on DCL the next day. They will give you a sheet explaining how the luggage transfer works. FYI - in 2004, there was no cost. In 2005, the Hyatt explained that we had to meet the DCL reps in the lobby in the morning and it would cost $25 for up to 6 bags. Both times, we left our bags outside our room as instructed and they showed up at the ship with no problems. I have been reading this board for years and it contains an incredible amount of helpful information. However, the information is not always accurate. It is always best to check (and re-check) with direct source, in this case, the Hyatt. Good luck and have a great trip.

I should add that when we checked in for our 2005 trip, the sheet that we received actually said that luggage transfers were only for DCL passengers who purchased DCL transfers. I explained that I was told differently and, therefore, asked if we could transfer our luggage only. They said it was no problem (and instructed us to put the bags outside the room and check in with the DCL reps in the morning).

Will have my DM, who will be 71 at the time, fly down the evening before our 3 generation cruise in '07 and want her to stay at the Hyatt MCO and take the DCL transfer/bus, so this is all a great explanation, thanks. We'll be driving down from ATL, she'll be flying from CT, so no reason to involve her in our 500 mile drive when she has just a 2 1/2 hour flight to MCO. Will have to get her Doc's to her separately, but that's what having a good relatiosnhip with my TA is for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter