Luggage Tags

DonaldnDaisy5

DIS Veteran
Flying SW, using ME. Got luggage tags and didn't really think about it until we started packing that we may need more tags (honestly one more). We leave in 6 days. I called the ME number yesterday and the CM said they would get more out.

Any idea how long that might take? There is no mail on Saturday because of the holiday. Is there anything I can do with the extra bag and still avoid baggage claim in case the tags don't come in time?????

Ok saw sticky and read it, but have not used ME before....can someone clarify baggage claim ticket and welcome center.....

Ok saw sticky and read it, but have not used ME before....can someone clarify baggage claim ticket and welcome center.....
Your baggage claim ticket is the one they give you at the airport.

The welcome center is the DME Welcome Center - the place where you check in for DME.

Took mine exactly 1 week. With no holiday.

Gate checking a bag or FEDEX to your resort a possibility?

You might get it in time...but, if you don't.....you can give your claim receipt (that they stick to the back of your boarding pass) to the CM at the DME checkin counter. They will ask for a description of the bag as well....put something unique on it to identify it (a bright ribbon or such). Then, a CM will go to baggage claim and get it and send it to the resort.
If it doesn't get to you, you can always try to pack a bit lighter...take a carryon bag that will allow you to put a lot in it...I always travel with a carryon bag with a change of clothes, swimsuit, small toiletries and such. I can actually pack up to 5 days worth of clothes in my carryon bag!!

We gave our baggage claim tickets to the desk for the ME and they were delivered to us without any problems.

Thank you! I shuffled some things around and we currently just have our 5 bags to check, and carry ons....question about small personal item (have not flown in a long time so never with our kiddos), will cinch/drawstring backpacks work? They are not full by any means just some snacks, headphones, and books...

Thank you! I shuffled some things around and we currently just have our 5 bags to check, and carry ons....question about small personal item (have not flown in a long time so never with our kiddos), will cinch/drawstring backpacks work? They are not full by any means just some snacks, headphones, and books...
So long as they fit below the seat in front of you, you're fine. Also, your snacks and books don't count towards your allotment if they're carried separately, so if you're worried, put them in their own paper or plastic bag, then throw it out once on the plane. Funny thing: the few airlines that post maximum sizes for personal items all exceed under-seat size.

According to the policies on said same airlines, personal items go under the seat in front of you unless you're in a bulkhead row.
And how many flights have you been on where the FAs are asking to declare what your "personal item" is AND making sure it goes at your feet?

If you're bringing two bags (a carryon and a personal item), then one goes overhead, one goes at your feet. However, if you only have one bag, you get to determine where you put it (either overhead OR at your feet).

And how many flights have you been on where the FAs are asking to declare what your "personal item" is AND making sure it goes at your feet?
Of the last four this past month, three of them. With full overheads, they take the smaller bags out and have passengers put them below the seat in front of them. Whether it's a personal item or full sized carry-on is determined by size, not what you declare it to be, and you do not get to put your only bag, even if it's small, in the overhead if there isn't space.

Besides, my point was that there is an incongruity in airline policies whereby you may have a legal sized personal item, but not be able to put it where you're required to by the same airline's policies, and I brought up the point to show DonaldnDaisy5 that there's really not a need to worry about an excessively sized personal item with the few items she listed in it - and that in fact most of them don't even count towards your carry-on allowance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter