• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Luggage Tags from Home Depot Mickey's!

mollygirl13

DIS Veteran
I found another use for those cute Mickey Head Paint Chips from Home Depot-Luggage Tags! I have to say that I saw the idea posted on the Dis so I cannot take full credit for the idea. (But thank-you to whoever is responsible!!!! :thumbsup2 )
They were super easy to do and very inexpensive. I paid a little under $6.00 at Wal-Mart for the self-laminating packets w/ the clear luggage attachment.
Here is a pic of what I made for our upcoming February trip:

luggagetags.jpg

I am so happy at how great these turned out. Can't wait to attach thm to the luggage! :)

Very cute!! I love those Mickey Heads, they have helped me teach my son his colors. Home Depot must run out of these frequently, as I know a lot of people that use these for various crafty ideas.

Okay, these are about the cutest things I have seen in a long time! I have to make them! So, before I go running to Wal-Mart - I am not sure what you mean by "self-laminating packet" . What department do I find them in????

They were located at Wal-Mart in the aisle that has the pens, pencils, highlighters, sharpies, etc. I believe the self laminating luggage tags were made by 3M. They came 2 in a packet and were $1.97 for 2. There were 2 luggage tags included along with the clear "thing" that attaches your tag to your luggage. I actually put 2 paint chips together back to back and made both sides the same with the same information included. I am very pleased at how these turned out! :goodvibes

If anyone has any questions on how I made them, please feel free to PM me. If I can make these, ANYONE can! :thumbsup2

those are so wonderful !!!! I have been looking for some mickey tags i am going to run out and make them THANK YOU SO much.:cool1: :yay:

OK, I swiped the mickeys from Home Depot (I swear I heard the Mission Impossible theme in the background - LOL), now I'm off to Wally World for the tags. I'll post pics when I'm done! These look like a lot of fun!

I'm going to try printing our info on clear mailing labels (thought I had some, but no, so I have to run out this afternoon!) and I found some mickey head stickers to cover the Home Depot info. So I should finish tonight! Woo hoo!

Here's my version! Very similar but I used clear labels and printed our information in the Mickey font. Plus, found stickers to cover the HD info on the cards (plus, that let me personalize them using the individual's faves). Problem with the clear labels (in case anyone tries this) - the ink bleeds really bad before they dry. I have a little heater under my desk and the instant they come out of the printer I hold in front of the heater for about a minute to dry. Then waited like an hour before I could put stick them to the cards. Otherwise, very easy and fun idea. Thanx, Mollygirl!

2008_0115Christmas0151.jpg

2008_0115Christmas0147.jpg

I still have more to do but my heater/dryer kept shutting down on me!

Awesome tags, Karajeboo!Wait until you see how very cute they look on your luggage!! I already put mine on my luggage and WOW! Super adorable!! I like the idea of the clear labels. Great idea! :thumbsup2

I am excited to put them on the luggage - my dd(6) got hot pink luggage for Christmas and I had it monogrammed in lime green, so I got the lime green mickey heads for her tag - cute!!!

Where can I find the Mickey font? I would love to do many things with that but cant find anything online. I did get one site but it wouldent download into my computer.

Thanks for any help.

OK, I swiped the mickeys from Home Depot (I swear I heard the Mission Impossible theme in the background - LOL), now I'm off to Wally World for the tags. I'll post pics when I'm done! These look like a lot of fun!

I went to Home Depot today and I felt like I was shoplifting when I got these. I have been to 2 Wal-marts looking for the tags. They only seem to have 2 packs of the tags. I will have to go to one more tomorrow.

We are driving so I am going to use these for child ID tags to put on their backpacks in the parks.

Thanks for sharing this idea.

This is an absolutley fantastic craft idea!!! My wife teaches Sunday School and it would be a good craft for the kids to make that they can use on their backpacks at school or whatever. Good job to ther person who came up with this idea!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter