luggage tag question

asukeith

Earning My Ears
We have a land/sea package and we are arriving one day early for a pre-night. My TA says not to use the luggage tags when we leave home, pick up our own luggage at the Orlando airport and show our transfer voucher at the Mears shuttle desk for transportation to the Beach CLub. Is this correct?

Also, are there several stops before the BEach Club using Mears? How long will we have to wait at the airport for a shuttle to leave?

Thanks.

You will only use the luggage tags the day you transfer to the port.

As for drop offs prior to the Beach Club....it just depends on how many people are on the bus with you and where they are staying. It has been over 3 years since we did our first land/sea. There was nobody waiting for a bus so we had our own bus to the POR. We waited about 15 minutes for other passengers but none came so we left.

Hope this helps a little.....:D

Your TA is correct. Don't put your luggage tags on until you are ready to leave for the cruise.
Your wait for Mears at the airport should not be more than a half hour. They will fill up a shuttle and go.
Beach Club should be one of the first stops.

If you don't put your luggage tags on until you go to port then how will your luggage get taken to the disney resort? I was under the impression that if you were booked under a land and sea your luggage would be taken from the airport to your resort and then from the resort to the ship for you!!?? I was vey excited about not having to "tote/drag" my luggage from the baggage claim to the shuttle etc. Anyone have any insight into this?:yo-yo:

I too am a little confused..........You are going to BC the day you land...right? I always book two days at WDW prior to our 7 nighters. I always put my tags on before leaving home. They Magically show up at our resort and we get a courtesy call the night before we are to sail letting us know what time they will pick up our luggage to take to the ship. The only way you wouldn't want to put the tags on is if you are not going to a WDW resort the first day.

I think the difference we are talking about is whether or not you are using Mears or taking a Disney bus.
But even when we took the Disney bus to the Poly, stayed four days, then went on the Wonder, we still didn't put the blue paper tags on our bags until we set them inside our Poly door the night before the cruise.
We went and got our bags at MCO, and took them to the Mears/Disney bus pickup area.
Call Disney Cruise Line at 1-800-951-3532 for clarification.

asukeith

Whatever you do, mark your luggage with something, bright colored tape or whatever to make it distinctly yours. When we got off the Wonder 2 weeks ago, someone took one of our suitcases. Luckily, Disney tracked it down at the airport and returned it to us as we were standing in AirTran's luggage check line. Next trip, I will make my luggage soooo ugly that no one would possibly walk off with it!!!!

Sharon

If are doing the land/sea option and you arrive at the Orlando airport before 5:30 PM on Thursday or Sunday or before 3:30 PM on Saturday and you have transfers through DCL, then you should put the DCL tags on your bags and the bags will be delivered to your resort.

If you are arriving at any other times, then you will need to pick up your baggage and take it with you to the Mears counter on level 1. They will take your transfer voucher and furnish transportation to your resort. You could still put your tags on your bag if you want, it won't hurt anything and may make it easier to find on the carousel.

Of course if you are going straight to the ship and have DCL transfers, please put the tags on your bag before leaving your home.

Sluggo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter