Luggage Tag Question!

kileybeth

DIS Veteran
Ok, Please Help!! Apparently I am an idiot or thses luggage tags are confusing???

We haven't had luggage tags since 2008? and DCL 2009 so these are way different and not nearly as nice (IMO) but it's all a mute point if no one can tell me how to use them:confused3 I'm so dumb! Please help! How do I secure the "strap" part around the bag???

Mods, where would be a good place to post this silly question? I thought about transportation but thought it might get ignored or not seen by as many over there???

You will probably get 17 responses now... But here goes.

Those are for people who are using the Magical Express from the airport to the resort they are staying at. You put them on BEFORE leaving home and it will tell the CM who work at MCO which Resort you are staying at so they can direct it to that resort. I put mine on something that was at the top of my suitcase close to where the airlines put the baggage tag on. If you are flying on an airlines that is not part of the Magical Express then you will need to pick up your baggage at the regular baggage claim area and bring that to the Magical Express location. They will then load it under the bus for you to retrive at your destination. I found it fun to check out other Luggage tags when I was in line at the airport. We had fun comparing where we were all staying and for how long. Nice to see other WDW vacationers in the dead of Winter while watching the snow fly outside.

Hint: Even if you are carrying on your luggage I would still put the tag on. A couple of times I was flying half way thru the loading of passengers they were asking people to give up their carry-ons suitcases because the overhead bins where filling up. They would check the suitcases for free. That way if it is tagged for a WDW resort already And you get the opinion for free baggage check then you will find your luggage again in your room later on that same day. Win Win situation! Gotta Love Magical Express. No Luggage to haul around!

Have a great time!

Oh! sorry I was not clear. We have flown several times and understand and have used ME and their tags each time.

I meant something much simplier and should be embarrased to have even asked:upsidedow

I was talking about those silly commemorative tags they send in your packet.

My little ones love to see a new Disney tag on their luggage and I can't get the strap part to come apart to secure them around the luggage handles. :headache:

These are the "what will you celebrate" ones with the castle and mickey balloons flying. (Old and dated is what they make me think as that theme is pretty much done right?)

Anywho, my teens were no help beyond laughing at me and asking why I care <sigh> so I have given up. The DH isn't home when I think of it!

So Walt Disney Travel Company? I do not like your tags! I will just use the old straps from our other tags.

Difficult to explain....
poke the strap through the hole in the tag
thread one end of the strap between the other end of the strap and pull tight - the tag is now hooked on one end of the strap

poke the strap under your luggage handle and up the other side
Flip your luggage tag over the handle and in between the straps and pull
you now have the luggage tag dangling from the handle.

Clear as mud?

Ok, Please Help!! Apparently I am an idiot or thses luggage tags are confusing???

We haven't had luggage tags since 2008? and DCL 2009 so these are way different and not nearly as nice (IMO) but it's all a mute point if no one can tell me how to use them:confused3 I'm so dumb! Please help! How do I secure the "strap" part around the bag???
It can be tricky to get those on. I've found that it's much more difficult to get them onto a thick handle, so try to find the thinnest part of your bag that you can (like a flexible strap, for example) so that you have enough slack to get the plastic loop over the tag.

Oh, and it's a "moot point," not "mute point." Two completely different words with different spellings and pronunciations. ;)

We are "sorta" smart people. The night before our trip we could not figure out the nice luggage tags. The long strips did not have a slit in them. I just used ribbon to fasten them to the suitcase. I usually do this anyway to make out black suitcases stand out. We were in the line for Dumbo when a guy had his tag on his backpack. I saw that he had slits in the long strip. Still think my ribbon worked better!!

Thanks so much to all of you!

I am still laughing reading the replies. I knew this would be a ridiculous question to ask intelligently! :rotfl:

Oh! and thank you for the English lesson Corwin! I had to go investigate that one before I came back on with a reply! I just was thinking about "a mute, noun" like a person who can't talk insted of thinking about a legal argument! "a moot, noun" I see how your word fits much better and is in fact where the phrase came from. I love to learn something new.

But tripinbums your answer wins! I did in fact take sharp paring knife and split the strap. Funny how we see something like that and the lightbulb goes on. My DS7 actaully pointed out that the tiny tiny hole in the straps along the center line we could pull thread through. Out of the mouths of babes. .

Still have to say, way to go Disney for saving what? a few cents per strap? Guess it does all adds up. Now if they would only bring back the disposable black mickey shaped plates. . . we really miss those. terrific sand box toys.

Here's what I've learned.

This board rocks - super helpful.

The straps don't rock - super headache.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter