Luggage on your own during debarkation?

schmenge12

Earning My Ears
I saw a few references to this. On any other cruises, I assumed that you had to let them cover the large baggage.

We are looking to get off the ship earlier so that we can head to the parks.

Anyone try taking care of hauling all of their luggage on their own? (Pros/cons?)

Thanks.

There always seems to be a huge gathering of people waiting to get off the ship at the same time. I can't imagine trying to haul your own bags (after a 7 night crusie?) through that mess. If Disney takes your bags, the system is very organized and it doesn't take long to find your bags. If you are looking to go quickly, pay a porter and they will help you sail throught the line and customs. I'm not sure of your transportation, but it won't take long to get off the ship and get to the parks. (We've gotten off the cruise and gone to the parks for an afternoon before our flight back to Chicago in the evening!

We let them take our luggage and then the next morning we are usually at the front part of the line. We made it to Magic Kingdom just as the gates were opening!

Hi!

I just got off the Wonder this Sunday (3 - Day Cruise). We had an early breakfast seating and 6:30am. We finished by 7:30am and casually debarked from the ship. We had 3 large luggage bags that were left outside our stateroom for Disney to collect the night before.

We were literally thru customs by 7:50am with our luggage and off to DW. If your breakfast seating os later, you can always go to the Beach Blanket 'open' buffet so you can leave earlier. Disney is a well-oiled machine and you will have no problem reaching the parks by 9am if you wish to do so...:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter