Luggage check in

I can understand people going through your stuff to steal things but why would they do that? Surely DCL would be able to track who has handled your luggage from picking it up from your room to when you collect it at the port? I can't understand why someone would want to jeopardise their job just for a 'joke'? That's so mean. :confused3

I doubt it's DCL crew members. Probably just teenage passengers who can't think of anything better to do.

A bit off topic but the discussion has given me a question: we are not using DCL transfers on our upcoming cruise. Do we still put our luggage out the night before?

A bit off topic but the discussion has given me a question: we are not using DCL transfers on our upcoming cruise. Do we still put our luggage out the night before?

Yes the luggage goes out the night before regardless if u use dcl transfer or not.... One u disembark you will pick your luggage up in the port... It's kinda like getting ur luggage from the airport but better organized...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Yes the luggage goes out the night before regardless if u use dcl transfer or not.... One u disembark you will pick your luggage up in the port... It's kinda like getting ur luggage from the airport but better organized...

Thx!

I've read that if you plan on taking your own luggage off the ship you don't have to. But if you're lugging heaps of luggage around in the throngs of waiting to disembark crowds be prepared for some cranky looks and comments. I'd only do that if I travelled light, and I never do so that wouldn't happen to me :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

[QUOTE
Of course we usually finish packing late, as they come around to get the bags, so normally we don't have this pax pilfering issue thankfully. We only have the staff and porters to worry about. But never an issue, ever, anywhere. :worship:[/QUOTE]

If you don't have it out by a certain time, will they knock and ask you for it?

Fyi.. not all locks r safe. I bought locks and the keys opened both sets from different packages. Also u can buy TSA key copies if your a crook.

So if you use zip ties, TSA may still cut them to have a look? What about DCL - would they cut them as well looking for prohibited items?

If you were to use locks with your luggage, does DCL require TSA approved locks? Or can you use any sort of luggage locks?

If you were to use locks with your luggage, does DCL require TSA approved locks? Or can you use any sort of luggage locks?

I suppose you could use any luggage lock, as long as you are willing to accept it will be cut if they find reason to open your bag during screening. That's why we use zip-ties so we can always tell if someone opened it.

Enjoy your cruise!

We never used to lock our luggage until the Schappelle Corby incident: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schapelle_Corby

Wow, scary if she's telling the truth.

But if luggage handlers were involved, they could take the lock off anyway, and even put it right back on if it's a TSA lock and they have the key. Then it looks even worse for you.

So if you use zip ties, TSA may still cut them to have a look? What about DCL - would they cut them as well looking for prohibited items?

Of course, if they need to.

I'm sure you could use anything you wanted to. The point of the TSA locks is that airport personnel have the key, so they can open it without breaking the lock. (if they have time and feel like it)

I'm sure you could use anything you wanted to. The point of the TSA locks is that airport personnel have the key, so they can open it without breaking the lock. (if they have time and feel like it)

Oh, I'm not concerned about locks and the TSA. I'm curious about DCL's policy with locks. Does DCL have TSA keys, and check as often as the TSA?

Oh, I'm not concerned about locks and the TSA. I'm curious about DCL's policy with locks. Does DCL have TSA keys, and check as often as the TSA?

I'm not sure exactly how DCL handles it, but on most cruise lines, if, after x-raying the checked bag, they have questions as to whether you have something you shouldn't have in there, you will be called to the "naughty room" to open the bag in question in the presence the security screeners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter